Ronan Farrow & Jia Tolentino from The New Yorker detail horrific investigation into Britney's Conservatorship

Only 10% of this is brand new information (which I appreciate) but it was disappointing considering how hyped up this Ronan guy was.
Maxi, MUA and Sam Asghari's best friend just said they jumped on the bandwagon. He said they mixed stuff we already knew, old reported news and opinions; and the reality is much worse :disappointed_thinking_oh_okay_glasses:

Spoiler

Also did Ronan just say that Britney used coc41ne frequently back in 2004? I'm sorry but I don't buy that. :awkblink_britney_awkward_blinking: No receipts whatsoever and making her look bad for what?

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Because he's probably the only one that accepts to tell "his" story unlike all the other people who refuse to comment

Journalists should dig into why Lufti would call Lynne Spears' cell phone between the second and third rehab stays and ask why he told her there were ***** planted in Britney's home.

Journalists should also dig into why Lynne and Jacqueline Butcher subsequently went to a taping of Dancing With The Stars and also discussed shoe and jewelry endorsements with him...after he called to say there were ***** planted in Britney's home.

Then I'll be impressed.

• Love 1
  • Like 8
6 minutes ago, Alexanda said:

Btw. is this real? :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

E5Y96rUWUAESLE9?format=png&name=small

So that’s why we would sometimes see britney shopping at target like a normal person. I mean this is beyond abuse, this is evil. She earned and worked for her millions and yet people working for her makes more income than her. Its frustrating and Britney’s testimony confirms all of this. Also, the part that she says she couldn’t afford her half for the dinner they had during xfactor meeting is just horrible.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, nadiamendell said:

It sounds like Jamie is the typical abusive husband/father and Lynne was a conservative, submissive house wife that took WAY too long to get out of that marriage and allowed her kids to be subjected to that abuse. Interesting that Britney was the one that pushed Lynne out of that abusive marriage, but sadly Lynne didn't have the guts to stand up to Jamie in Britney's defense.  :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

"Britney Spears told People that she was actually thrilled when her parents, Lynne and Jamie Spears, divorced in 2002, saying, "It's the best thing that's ever happened to my family. My mom and dad, bottom line, do not get along. When I was a baby, they argued. I wanted this to happen 10 years ago.

The Mirror reported that Jamie struggled with alcoholism. Jamie's brother Willie told the outlet that Jamie would frequently get drunk and fight with Lynne, and that Jamie once "tried to drive off with Britney" after an argument. Lynne reportedly filed for divorce, and even tried to get a protective order against Jamie after she alleged he'd cheated in December 1979, but the divorce filing was withdrawn.

When her parents' fights were particularly traumatic, young Brit retreated to her aunt's nearby trailer. Jamie got sober in 2004 and reunited with Lynne in 2010, with sources telling Us Weekly that Britney's troubles partly inspired the reconciliation. Jamie's issues may have extended beyond him: Rolling Stone reported that his mother died by suicide when he was 14. A former manager for Britney told the magazine, "She is the product of some very, very bad genetics." 

Read More: https://www.nickiswift.com/149778/britney-spears-tragic-real-life-story/

https://people.com/archive/cover-story-britneys-next-act-vol-58-no-10/

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Journalists should dig into why Lufti would call Lynne Spears' cell phone between the second and third rehab stays and ask why he told her there were ***** planted in Britney's home.

Journalists should also dig into why Lynne and Jacqueline Butcher subsequently went to a taping of Dancing With The Stars and also discussed shoe and jewelry endorsements with him...after he called to say there were ***** planted in Britney's home.

Then I'll be impressed.

YES. they did a pretty good job with the timeline (in fact it's already probably info overload for the GP) but there's still so many little pieces missing!!

• Love 3
  • Super Mods
3 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Best part of the article?

"As a co-conservator, Jamie reinstated Larry Rudolph as Spears’s music manager and installed Lou Taylor as her business manager, first for Spears’s “Circus” tour and subsequently for her entire estate. Several people close to Spears said that she had disdained Taylor and expressed astonishment at Taylor’s appointment to a controlling role in her life. Later, some members of Spears’s team raised doubts about Taylor’s financial management during her tours. “I’m not saying it was like a million dollars missing—it’s not that obvious,” one of them said. “Money was wasted in a particular way, and when I asked a question I got shut down, cause nobody wanted to admit fault.”"

What particular way was that?

Enquiring minds want to know. :jlostare_jennifer_lopez_staring_blink:

I hope they’re working on Part 2! :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, glovedgeek said:

Let's not turn this into 'I said it first' kinda thing, we are not playing Madonna :)

It's not playing Madonna. It's seeing all these "respectable names" jumping on the issue and not doing enough work :) Even Framing Britney was weak AF, but thankfully Samantha kept investigating and that last article she wrote was very enlightening. I get your point, visibility is important but time is everything and I'm not seeing any of them following the money.

• Love 7
  • Like 1

Holy ****. I'm incredibly late to this news as I was out for most of today and didn't really check my phone/the news/social media that much. This report has truly shocked me but also confirmed a lot of things for me that I think a lot of fans had assumed. It also pretty much confirms to me that Britney's management and c-ship handlers have been working together when I thought they were supposed to be separate entities, and Britney has NO CONTROL over her social media. She may come up with some of the posts and film the videos but those captions are not her words. If this isn't proof that she needs OUT of the c-ship I don't know what is.

And the fact she had to call 911 the day before the hearing is so so sad. 

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, boyinthemirror said:

Only 10% of this is brand new information (which I appreciate) but it was disappointing considering how hyped up this Ronan guy was.
Maxi, MUA and Sam Asghari's best friend just said they jumped on the bandwagon. He said they mixed stuff we already knew, old reported news and opinions; and the reality is much worse :disappointed_thinking_oh_okay_glasses:

Reveal hidden contents

Also did Ronan just say that Britney used coc41ne frequently back in 2004? I'm sorry but I don't buy that. :awkblink_britney_awkward_blinking: No receipts whatsoever and making her look bad for what?

Can you share Maxi´s social media account(s)?

11 minutes ago, boyinthemirror said:

It's not playing Madonna. It's seeing all these "respectable names" jumping on the issue and not doing enough work :) Even Framing Britney was weak AF, but thankfully Samantha kept investigating and that last article she wrote was very enlightening. I get your point, visibility is important but time is everything and I'm not seeing any of them following the money.

I'm sure they cannot follow the money at the moment. The c-ship is built in such a way there are so many walls and legal actions covering it from all sides, nobody was able to see anything through it and now hopefully the walls are cracking. I think we can only know about the money thing only when Britney gets rid of this c-ship and sues all of the people involved. And then those files no longer be sealed and people will have access to them. Here's hoping! Fingers crossed.

• Like 1