Ronan Farrow & Jia Tolentino from The New Yorker detail horrific investigation into Britney's Conservatorship

At one point, Butcher recalled him bellowing, “I am Britney Spears!” It was a refrain she would hear him repeat often during the early years of the conservatorship, she said. Lynne, as Butcher remembered it, grew quiet.

What the actual hell? I know we joke about them being the ones needing a conservatorship but this is wild. Not only does he believe he is entitled to her life her work and her earnings but he truly believs he IS her. These types of remarks are what make me fear for her life. This is very "if I can't have her no one can" mentality.

He would get all in her face—spittle was flying—telling her she was a ***** and a terrible mother,” Butcher said. Spears was told that she could see her kids again only if she coöperated. “Lynne was just, like, ‘Obey Daddy and they’ll let you out,’ ” 

I was never one to hold it against Lynn for not helping sooner and being complicit and I know it's easier said than done. But this proves it to me that she has a mentality of someone who has endured years of abuse. Its infuriating because you want her to fight for her but I don't think its fair to hold it against her. Mental abuse is always a mind ****. 

The same day, he spoke to two of Jamie’s lawyers. On January 28th, Anderson sent an e-mail to Lutfi and Eardley, writing, “I can say no more; will do no more; and cannot communicate with anyone in this regard any further. That is the end for me.”

How is this kind of stuff not being investigated. This whole thing is so messed up that even the lawyers needed lawyers and they couldn't even touch the surface of what all this Is and if they tried they were silenced. I know some people on here believe this goes way beyond Britney and if she gets free it will unravel a world of abuse, money laundering and industry that runs through the probate courts. These type of statements support that.

He recalled contacting one of Spears’s managers a few years later, to see if Spears could give him a recommendation for his application to graduate school. He said that the manager refused, telling him that any such document would serve as proof that Spears was of sound mind.

I wish this kind of stuff would get pushed to the front because it's these little tid bits that add up and prove this is all a hoax. 

• Love 5
  • Like 2

This was a really tough read! I'm so glad, all of this terrible stuff is being brought to light, but I'm so sad and hurt by the abuse she has and is enduring. 

I hope this is the beginning of the end for the c-ship. I'm sure things will get a little darker before they get better. Stay strong, we got you!!!

• Love 4
  • Like 1

so I see now they will use Sam as the scapegoat for all of this.... 

absolute desperate low life scumbags. they can form as many LLCs and private companies all they like... what they're doing is beyond sick, and if I've learned one thing as I've gotten older karma is real, and she is indeed a bxtch. 

on the other hand steps must be taken protect her wealth if and when she gets free, and Sam should already have these papers signed if he really loves her. That should not be something they have to even discuss at this point. Moving control from one person to another is not what is needed here, Britney needs to regain control herself and an INDEPENDANT party to manage her finances, with the relevant protections put in place. 

Team Spears out, Britney back in and independant parties brought in to manage her fortune. That way all conflicts of interest are removed and Britney gets her life back. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, websurfer22 said:

Jamie Spears saying “I AM BRITNEY SPEARS”

No Jamie you are a pathetic loser that amounted to nothing in life. 

Jamie sounds deranged and like he’s the one that needs a 5150 psychiatric hold. If he fears he’s losing the conservatorship and control I truly fear what he will do, and I fear for the safety of Britney.

Did you guys notice that this is going to be ANOTHER FAIL "business" (sorry to call this whole situation that) for Jaime? 

I'm scare for her safety too, this article is HUGE

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, toysoldier88 said:

I Just want a list of these supposed severe mental health illnesses that allow a person to earn milions by working almost non-stop as a pop star for 13 years. The fact that her diagnosis remain sealed Is a joke and their only weapon, i bet we'll never know anything about it, i actually don't care as long as Britney Is released from this mess.

Right? They keep teasing it and at this point I bet even Britney would say release it because there can't be any illness she has that requires this level of control while still being fully capable of being an international celebrity. If she's that mentally incapacitated, then she needs to be in the care of true professionals.

• Love 4
  • Like 2

While hard to read and makes me anger and I’m super happy he wrote it…I need more. I need something so ducking huge that it will take them all down like it did Harvey Weinstein. I know we’re close guys I can feel it. 

innthe mean time, I need someone to keep our girl safe. Because I do not trust these people at all. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
17 minutes ago, toysoldier88 said:

I Just want a list of these supposed severe mental health illnesses that allow a person to earn milions by working almost non-stop as a pop star for 13 years. The fact that her diagnosis remain sealed Is a joke and their only weapon, i bet we'll never know anything about it, i actually don't care as long as Britney Is released from this mess.

Fact of matter is that she's been set up, Conservatorship laws are made in a way that allows abuse to happen, that even if the supposed diagnosis is that "bad" doesn't negate the fact that she deserves NONE OF THIS, she should have not been in a Conservatorship regardless of her mental capacity, and that disabled people exist that are in way worse positions than her within abusive Conservatorships too.

• Like 4