Ronan Farrow & Jia Tolentino from The New Yorker detail horrific investigation into Britney's Conservatorship

7 minutes ago, Scrappy said:

She’s just as abused as Britney. They will both need intense therapy after all Jamie has done to them. 

OMG For sure!! Jamie has a psychological grip on her. At least Britney wants to break the cycle. Lynne’s scared but I wish she’d go rogue. Britney is going to the cops to report her abuse while Lynne is looking over her shoulder in her own home worrying about who might overhear her phone calls.😒

• Love 1
  • Like 5

This is a huge story. The New Yorker is renowned for its journalism, and this is very thorough and extremely well done. I feel like any element of “conspiracy” really has to evaporate here. Just a tragic, horrifying, and complete unjust situation.

I was struck by the closing of the article where it alludes to the fact that many aspects of her life have always been controlled. From later in the Oops era through Blackout, she seemed to demonstrate such creative control over her music and her image. “Stages” is a great showcase of her calling the shots, as well as the preview of In the Zone on TRL where she played piano with Quddus.

I just think it’s unfair to look at her current situation and insinuate that she was just a product of men in the shadows calling the shots.

Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys had a similar trajectory (teen idol, huge success, public breakdown, the subject of undue influence from an opportunistic leech) and he’s only described as a legend and a genius. She deserves the same. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 5
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, Miguelblackpink said:

So that’s why we would sometimes see britney shopping at target like a normal person. I mean this is beyond abuse, this is evil. She earned and worked for her millions and yet people working for her makes more income than her. Its frustrating and Britney’s testimony confirms all of this. Also, the part that she says she couldn’t afford her half for the dinner they had during xfactor meeting is just horrible.

I mean she is scared of unknown people, so yes, this is abuse. I like down to earth people, but how often people recognized her in Target. :gaga_shocked_stare_lady_dead_white_what_surprised: 

8 hours ago, glovedgeek said:

And I don't understand how Federline couldn't even manage to fix this through dialogue and empathy. He could have just let her see her children, at his house or whatever. I think there was a way to do it without lawyers and immediately calling police officers. It's so cold and inhumane to deal with an issue like this. INHUMANE!!!! 

Robin Johnson, the court-ordered monitor, who saw Spears four times a week, said, “None of this was her fault.” She went on, “There were so many people involved in her life that caused all of this craziness with her. I don’t have anything derogatory to say about her. . . . It was probably one of the saddest cases that I’ve ever done in my entire life.”

He probably wanted her to get in as much as trouble as possible— that way he could get and maintain sole custody and get more money from Britney for child support

• Like 3
1 minute ago, SlayOut said:

Sam Asghari liked Ronan Farrow’s IG post about the New Yorker piece he authored. Funny because Sam didn’t respond to multiple requests to be interviewed for the piece. :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare:

I think it's prob Britney who liked Ronan Farrow’s post, using Sam's IG

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, generation glory said:

I read this on Twitter and the thing is… her current conservatorship is not on claims

of dementia… It’s established on basis of “susceptible to undue influence” which is something I can’t even believe is legal since most people in distress would be forced to comply the way Britney has. She’s been set up by her family, corrupt management, aided and abetted by the California court of law. 

• Love 5
  • Like 2
6 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

Is this a new theory now? :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

Yeah=))) There is a lot of speculation among fans that it's Britney who likes freebritney posts because these 'likes' always occur when Sam is at her house or with her.

For example this screams Britney, not Sam.

E4bybEqXIAkwb3f?format=jpg&name=large

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Onyxgirl17 said:

It’s established on basis of “susceptible to undue influence”

Only Cship of her estate established on this basis. While Cship of her person established on  basis of "being unable to provide properly for his or her personal needs for physical health, food, clothing, or shelter"

3 minutes ago, DuranDuran said:

Only Cship of her estate established on this basis. While Cship of her person established on  basis of "being unable to provide properly for his or her personal needs for physical health, food, clothing, or shelter"

That’s right. I think the Cship of her person will be easy to dissolve. Estate will be much more difficult to dissolve.

• Like 3
52 minutes ago, KatieKat said:

He probably wanted her to get in as much as trouble as possible— that way he could get and maintain sole custody and get more money from Britney for child support

Yeah my sister’s ex was the same way. He tried many times to take her to court just to scare her in to paying him for something . He threatened her with court one time because he needed 2 grand (he gambled). Another time, he threatened her with the kid to sell her his passport.  Kevin is scum. No one can convince me that monopolizing kids from their mom is for their benefit. Just like Jamie, he wanted to exercise control. He had 2 other kids that he didn’t see at that point. A good father would see the mom love her kids and try to make things easy. One day, the kids will understand and if he hasn’t totally poisoned them, they will cut him out of their lives.  Hope he enjoys the karma.

• Like 4

I just realized that one very important fact wasn’t even mentioned :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

The totally missed the restraining order that K-Fed has and the  incident that occurred between Jamie and Sean. :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

Hollywood Reporter, you’re next:beat_fighting_punching_hitting_angry:

• Love 7

Can we talk about the Lynn part? I need to know if this was pre or post June 23rd  (because public perception on Spears changed a lot duh) so if that call with Ronan was AFTER, i don't know if she's playing a victim of jamie too, u know what i mean?  It's obvious she's talking about Jamie coming into the room. That was extremly weird. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, filmandstage13 said:

This is a huge story. The New Yorker is renowned for its journalism, and this is very thorough and extremely well done. I feel like any element of “conspiracy” really has to evaporate here. Just a tragic, horrifying, and complete unjust situation.

I was struck by the closing of the article where it alludes to the fact that many aspects of her life have always been controlled. From later in the Oops era through Blackout, she seemed to demonstrate such creative control over her music and her image. “Stages” is a great showcase of her calling the shots, as well as the preview of In the Zone on TRL where she played piano with Quddus.

I just think it’s unfair to look at her current situation and insinuate that she was just a product of men in the shadows calling the shots.

Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys had a similar trajectory (teen idol, huge success, public breakdown, the subject of undue influence from an opportunistic leech) and he’s only described as a legend and a genius. She deserves the same. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

this thank you!

I never want her tragedy to overshadow her artistry because she's an incredible artist :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

1 hour ago, Soso said:

I just realized that one very important fact wasn’t even mentioned :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

The totally missed the restraining order that K-Fed has and the  incident that occurred between Jamie and Sean. :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

Hollywood Reporter, you’re next:beat_fighting_punching_hitting_angry:

OHHH good catch. God, there's so much drama I didnt even realize it was missing from the narrative. how the hell did they leave that out ? 

• Love 1
  • Like 1