Here's the FULL last Madonna's The Celebration Tour concert from last night in Rio (enjoy it while it's not removed)

Awful.

The way she desperately holds on to the past and lingers to be still considered popular is beyond pathetic.

This isn't a celebration of her career, this is nothing more than one big ego fest that screams "LOOK WHAT I DID". It isn't graceful AT ALL.

Britney's Piece of Me comes to mind as that show was to celebrate her career as well but the two have one major difference: Britney's show was a celebration without the need to show off what she accomolished. It was LIGHT. 

Madonna's show is just a major ego fest to feed her longing desire of gaining attention. She even went as far as to be touched by her former ... herself? (The Blond Ambition reference performance part). That's just a whole new level of insane in the worst way possible.

And yes, I used to adore Madonna. I literally own every record up till Hard Candy and COAD is my favorite album by her but ever since MDNA she's been missing it entirely.

She's nothing more than a shadow of what she used to be.

Ps: yes, other artists grew gracefully older too but without the need of being still relevant for the sake of being relevant, just look at Tina Turner for example.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, LeglessJamie said:

Awful.

The way she desperately holds on to the past and lingers to be still considered popular is beyond pathetic.

This isn't a celebration of her career, this is nothing more than one big ego fest that screams "LOOK WHAT I DID". It isn't graceful AT ALL.

Britney's Piece of Me comes to mind as that show was to celebrate her career as well but the two have one major difference: Britney's show was a celebration without the need to show off what she accomolished. It was LIGHT. 

Madonna's show is just a major ego fest to feed her longing desire of gaining attention. She even went as far as to be touched by her former ... herself? (The Blond Ambition reference performance part). That's just a whole new level of insane in the worst way possible.

And yes, I used to adore Madonna. I literally own every record up till Hard Candy and COAD is my favorite album by her but ever since MDNA she's been missing it entirely.

Ps: yes, other artists grew gracefully older too but without the need of being still relevant for the sake of being relevant, just look at Tina Turner for example.

lovely username, that grabbed my attention way more than ur rant... keep going

Edited by FullyDattAndDatt3full
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3
5 hours ago, LeglessJamie said:

Awful.

What the fück do you think a celebration of her career actually is without saying “Look at what I did”?

If you don’t like her, fine, but keep your bitterness to yourself. Nobody is going to thank you for it.

• Love 3
  • Like 3
10 hours ago, LeglessJamie said:

Awful.

Britney has never had a show with any purpose other than to showcase how beautiful and **** she is. She's never been spontaneous. She's never experimented. She's never had any social or interventionist intention or purpose. She's never said anything meaningful in her music or in her shows. In fact, Britney has never evolved from the model that worked for her in 99-2001. That's why no Britney show can be compared to Madonna's. Madonna is indeed superior in all aspects to Britney. Saying that "Celebration" is horrible and comparing it to the joke of "Piece of Me"? You have no taste, aesthetic sense, or cultural understanding whatsoever.

• Love 3
  • Like 1

The show was phenomenal. A theatrical exhibition of Madonna's journey with surprise moments. I found the moment with the cell phones particularly emotional. Only those who have been in Rio de Janeiro, felt that characteristic smell and heat allied with the humid and warm night with their feet in the sand can identify with the magic and greatness that this moment of Madonna added to the  place. It left me longing.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, SlideAway said:

What the fück do you think a celebration of her career actually is without saying “Look at what I did”?

If you don’t like her, fine, but keep your bitterness to yourself. Nobody is going to thank you for it.

You can celebrate yourself in a way that doesn't evolve fake mas******g with somebody dresses as yourself.

6 hours ago, SlideAway said:

You can celebrate yourself in a way that doesn't evolve fake mas******g with somebody dresses as yourself.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2024 at 6:29 AM, Tom13 said:

Britney has never had a show with any purpose other than to showcase how beautiful and **** she is. She's never been spontaneous. She's never experimented. She's never had any social or interventionist intention or purpose. She's never said anything meaningful in her music or in her shows. In fact, Britney has never evolved from the model that worked for her in 99-2001. That's why no Britney show can be compared to Madonna's. Madonna is indeed superior in all aspects to Britney. Saying that "Celebration" is horrible and comparing it to the joke of "Piece of Me"? You have no taste, aesthetic sense, or cultural understanding whatsoever.

I still like Britney better in every aspect and happen to agree with every word of his rant. :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

Edited by Propagandalf
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, Propagandalf said:

I still like Britney better in every aspect and happen to agree with every word his rant. :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

Comparing the joke that is POM to Celebration, thanks for the laugh 😂

• Like 2
15 hours ago, LeglessJamie said:

Awful.

Hi, just wanted to give u sense of reality outside your head. In the real world you are called a HATER, not a fan.  There is nothing wrong with a trailblazing woman that has paved the way for every pop gurl out there to celebrate her 40 years of hardwork and hardships among haters like you. What have u done with you life? I bet theres not much celebrate, otherwise you wouldnt be as mad.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, SlideAway said:

I second this!

• Love 2
Posted (edited)

Not a Madge stan But seeing her coming After a near-death experience and getting her face fixed (She looks more beautiful now than in her last 2 or 3 eras) doing a whole *** tour being sold out and with over 80 dates with 0 cancellations and still being able to perform like this in the midst of your 60s Is rlly admirable so i'll give her props for that. 👏 

And It was a great show! 👏

Edited by Leolileinstein
  • Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block