Taylor Swift doesn't deserve the hate she gets and here's why

Taylor is as inauthentic, fake, mediocre, spoiled, petty, and vindictive as it gets unfortunately in the industry.

Half of her career is built on making and maintaining feuds, empowering young girls to bully others, pretending she is a victim of something or other, bullying and suing others, and trying to turn the music industry and Hollywood into her fantasy high school clique.

She claims she was not liked by anyone in school, would always sit alone etc etc but nonetheless decides to be a "mean girl" and constantly bully and tear down others and try to tarnish their reputations, fully expecting her fans to go along.

The other half is built on mediocre-basic songs.

If it were just the songs, fine. But shes one of the biggest bullies in the industry, and I personally wont see past that.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
49 minutes ago, DonoDotto said:

Taylor is as inauthentic, fake, mediocre, spoiled, petty, and vindictive as it gets unfortunately in the industry.

Half of her career is built on making and maintaining feuds, empowering young girls to bully others, pretending she is a victim of something or other, bullying and suing others, and trying to turn the music industry and Hollywood into her fantasy high school clique.

She claims she was not liked by anyone in school, would always sit alone etc etc but nonetheless decides to be a "mean girl" and constantly bully and tear down others and try to tarnish their reputations, fully expecting her fans to go along.

If it were just the songs, fine. But shes one of the biggest bullies in the industry, and I personally wont see past that.

Someone spitting facts I see :queenflopga:

• Love 2

I don't think anyone deserves hate nor I condone it.

But in saying that, her music is bland, generic and basic. She comes across as fake, disingenuous and entitled. Before the teenagers jump at my neck, I do like SOME of her songs (some of them due to being overplayed in the radio) - however I do not like her as a person, so it's easy to understand why she would get hate. Mind you her constant victimization, with the pass of time went from relatable to her go-to gimmick for attention that has a big chunk of the GA very tired.

I won two tickets for her concert 2 years ago through work and decided to give it a try, took my partner with me. She was unbearable. Her fake scripted speeches throughout the concert in addition to her shameless attempts at getting attendees to buy her merch, made it an incredibly cringe experience. 1 out of 5 * do not recommend unless you're under the age of 16.

So not even then she won me over.

Real Housewives Of Orange County Opinion GIF by PeacockTV

• Love 3
9 hours ago, PrettyGorl said:

The hate has nothing to do with her music tho. Talent doesn’t erase sh|tty behavior. Y’all can downvote bc I know this site is low key TaylorHeavy, but idc bc the GP agrees. Obviously not enough to overshadow her success, but she’s v polarizing.

Unfortunately for you, the WORLD is low key TaylorHeavy. 😂 The SOLD OUT Reputation Stadium Tour says hello. :queenflopga: 

8 hours ago, MonAmour said:

In my opinion, one of the worst, most evil people in the entertainment industry. Something doesn't seem right with her numbers, I believe she buys many of her albums. Just because she wrote her songs, doesn't mean they are good. There never has been a Taylor Swift song that I enjoyed, ever.. I just can't relate to the basic caucasionness of it all. 
You can go ahead and defend her all you want, but I will continue to know she's the most overrated person of all time in the history of existence.

Just because you don’t like her music doesn’t make it trashy. She buys many of her albums? Have you seen T Swift fans? They come out en masse to support the queen. She even shares pics and videos on her socials of fans that have bought her albums on release week. It’s a bond they share. Not to mention, she has critically acclaimed albums in THREE DIFFERENT GENRES. How is that basic? Believing your opinion is fact is ridiculous. You’re allowed to dislike her, but hating her and calling her the most evil person in the industry? You’re sadly mistaken. :queenflopga: 

8 hours ago, PrettyGorl said:

That’s the go to defense for female pop stars tho. People do make stuff up but this much bad press only sticks if there is a real issue.

queen tori Kelly’s face during her acceptance speech at the Grammys says it all. People actually in the industry with her don’t like her except when they’re paid too (her Girl squad) or they’re a social climber/fellow narcissist (Camilla Cabello)

The go to defense is that women are vilified in the court of public opinion? I wonder why... maybe because idk, it’s ACTUALLY TRUE? :umwtf: 

• Love 1
  • Like 3
7 hours ago, DougFrmBrazil said:

"From the artist to the vendor, SHE GIVES BACK."

Mmmm, what about using the LGBTQI+ community to sell albuns?

Y’all need to listen and listen good! :lessons: 

TAYLOR SWIFT DOES NOT OWE ANYONE ANYTHING. She doesn’t owe anyone her political opinions, she doesn’t owe anyone her support, she doesn’t owe anyone literally anything. She DID finally speak out about different issues and I’m happy that she did it on her terms. But she was nervous. Being a country artist and voicing support for certain political views or social issues can get you in a LOT of trouble. The Dixie Chicks were basically burned at the stake for saying they didn’t support President Bush back in the day. 

She was nervous about what it could mean. But she has had friends in the LGBT community for YEARS. They supported her still even though she hadn’t spoken out yet. WHAT RIGHT DO YOU HAVE THEN FOR SHADING SOMEONE THAT YOU DONT KNOW OVER A SITUATION THAT YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT?! :staysalty: 

She has already been publicly humiliated once and that would be traumatizing for a person. She was literally at the PEAK of when cancelling was its worst. She was probably the person who got it the worst. She looked in twitter and saw “TaylorSwiftIsOverParty” trending. She was LITERALLY the first person for that to happen. People were literally celebrating her demise. There were people ripping her to shreds online. But you’ve never had thousands of people cancel you. Guess what. YOU 👏🏼 DON’T 👏🏼 GET 👏🏼 TO 👏🏼 MINIMIZE 👏🏼 SOMEONE’S 👏🏼 TRAUMA 👏🏼
:staysalty: 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, DonoDotto said:

There was definitely a double standard for her and I agree, much of what some fans of her consider masterpieces, to me, are mediocre songs. I won't even mention how bad of a singer she was a few years ago. Let me interrupt myself by saying, I don't hate her, I don't love her and I DO love Folklore. It is an excellently crafted album. Undoubtedly, her best and may I say, most authentic work. Unpretentious, raw, simple and yet, full of layers of emotion and a successful narrative. This is the first record where I see her doing something people claim she does, but I never saw before in her work. 

Now, yes, I do think she has been an immature child with a double narrative and mostly meh songs with a few exceptions (1989 has great highlights, I must say) 

For example, she now defends women, says the chauvinistic media always roasted her because of her boyfriends and content of her songs yet, she didn't wink an eye before writing an entire song for Camila what's her name saying pretty much she was a **** because everyone knew her talent was between the sheets. Hypocrite much? She whined her way through interviews saying how unfair it was to judge her on her private life, but she never stopped herself from igniting hate towards her exes among her fanbase through her lyrics, by precisely using her private life and painting herself as the victim. Now, seriously peeps, Dear John is smart songwriting? I must be a total idiot then. In her defense, I assume it is not easy to grow up in the public eye and be an immature angry teenager because a chick stole your bf of 3 months or the dude you dated is just not so into you. Still, she plays female advocate and many times, she has been everything but that. I have started liking the Taylor I saw this year and maybe a little bit of last. She seems more grounded, less fixated with perfection, less egotistical and thanks to that, she might be becoming a far more interesting artist than the desperate teen trying to get revenge on everyone and win it all.  But yeah, Taylor pre 2019 was, frankly, boring, dull and annoying. I am not saying all her songs were bad, but definitely her records were far from extraordinary imo. 

• Like 3
15 hours ago, InTheZone4Life said:

She was already on her way to superstardom. The Kanye thing didn't catapult her into anything. She didn't utter a word about it until later on her next album, Speak Now which was two years later. By that time, she was already the youngest artist in history to win Album of the Year at the Grammy's.

These statements are all personal opinions, so I don't really have any comments about them.... :gagasmile:

She didn't ever clarify that it was Katy. She never said a work about it. She put out her music, and gave that interview to Billboard. People asked her point blank if it was about her, but she never once let it slip. That's no childish. That's letting the music speak for itself. She put it out as a single because Bad Blood goes OFF. It's a bop. That has nothing to do with wanting to attack someone. 

The fact is that Scott Borchetta built his business, Big Machine Records, off the back of Taylor Swift's success. Scott KNEW the horrible things that Scooter and others have said about her, and didn't even have the decency to ask if Taylor wanted to buy her music back outright. Yes, they have the right to hold the contract, but also the kind thing to do after an artist PAID YOUR BILLS FOR OVER A DECADE isn't to hold her music hostage. MAKE NO MISTAKE: Big Machine would not be here if not for Taylor and the artists that signed on AFTER her success with Scott. :gagasmile:

Furthermore, she never sent her fans after Scott or Scooter. All Taylor did was write open letters about her situation, which has had positive benefits in the past. Instead of letting the media tell her story, she tells her own. She has changed the landscape of music before thanks to posting open letters. Saying that she sent her fanbase after Scott or Scooter is the same as saying Britney sent us after Sam or Lou. You can take SEVERAL SEATS on that point. :lessons:

She kept her mouth shut out of fear for what would happen. She also didn't speak on politics for years. How disingenuous can YOU be? She has a right, just like every human, to speak or NOT speak on whatever she wants to. She decided to speak out finally. Why do you have to attack someone who is now trying to help the LGBTQ community for now trying to help? Damned if you do, damned if you don't. 

She never shaded Ed. If you're talking about the quote where she called Ed a chart-monger, she wasn't shading him. They are friends. She was saying that he studies the charts and is obsessed with how they work, and she doesn't understand them really. Here is the full quote:

Charts — I truly, truly do not understand how they work anymore. My friend Ed [Sheeran] is such a chart monger. He’s obsessed with how it works and the math of it. I have no idea what goes on with the math with it now, it used to be so easy. I don’t even get how, people get a big release week, because they they sold T-shirts, or they sold concert tickets with their albums. It’s just very confusing. But I was stoked about the “ME!” music video getting that many YouTube views. I was like, well, that’s like, that’s something to write home about.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/taylor-swift-moments-that-couldnt-fit-in-our-cover-story-890700/

She GAVE Ed his career when he opened up for her on her RED tour. He was a nobody before her. But she loves him. She has had him on multiple tracks. I thought a Britney fan would know better than to just read what is in the tabloids or gossip columns and take it for truth. Do yourself a favor and think for yourself instead of letting gossip columns and cancel culture Twitter do your thinking for you. :gagasmile:

I could not explain it better myself. Thank you. :imacoolmom:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods

Honestly, love her or hate her, you cannot deny that Taylor is one of the biggest pop acts and will remembered as such for good. She is VERY talented and has cemented her place in the business. After Red, I stopped being a big fan of her music, but I do like a lot of her releases even after that. I firmly believe she is a genuinely kind person who was done dirty plenty of times. 

But every time someone tried portraying her as a snake, karma proved them wrong :mhm: If you're a good person, you can sit back and wait for the universe to discover and expose the ********* who did you wrong. And she did just that. 

I wish her the best tbh, she's a hardworking woman and I hope she blesses us with many more albums :) 

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block