What are your favorite Radical Optimism Tracks and why is the best answer Maria?

Dua Lipa has done it again. An underappreciated main pop girl the US continues to pay dust to just released an album higher in quality than Taylor, Ariana, McRib and Nespresso combined. I know Exhale isn’t ready for that conversation and there will be conniptions and delusional ramblings about how the basic pop the GP eats up is better, but it’s not :nonono_britney_nope_head_shake:

Anyways what are your favorite Radical Slayism tracks? 

I love the singles Houdini, Training Season and Illusion a lot and right now they’re in their own category BUT CHILE

Maria scalped me 

I need this to be a hit. Mark my words this will be released as a single before this time next year. It is giving underrated gem Love Again vibes and a track that is ranking low on everyone’s lists, but will become one of her best as time goes on. 

I’m just ahead of my time with taste and I’m calling it now. Maria by Miss Lipa will be one of the most memorable hits of this album :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod:

I’m also digging Whatcha Doing, These Walls, Falling Forever and Happy For You 

• Love 2
  • Haha 2
14 minutes ago, Doja Kitten said:

My favorites are still the singles.

In my opinion good melodies are the most important aspect for pop music, which modern pop music lacks. 

It’s a solid 6/10. It has some cute moments but it’s nothing like Future Nostalgia. 

Comparing to previous works is never healthy. It’s hilarious people told her to move on from that sound and now that she experiments it’s all about Future Nostalgia again. They’re both great in their own way, but maybe it will be a grower for most and that’s ok 

Posted (edited)

Love Maria, The Wall, and Anything For Love … wish the latter was longer feels like an interlude .. but the lyrics and melody are so good. 

all of it is good, it’s hard to pick a favorite tbh. It doesn’t have the standout tracks like future nostalgia but as a whole it’s amazing 

Edited by devilsadvocate
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, devilsadvocate said:

Love Maria, The Wall, and Anything For Love … wish the latter was longer feels like an interlude .. but the lyrics and melody are so good. 

all of it is good, it’s hard to pick a favorite tbh. It doesn’t have the standout tracks like future nostalgia but as a whole it’s amazing 

People wanted her to move on from that sound and idk why. I hate how people think people need to keep reinventing themselves. However, I’m loving the album. It’s not Future Nostalgia, but it’s still special and knowing Dua she has other songs up her sleeve and a deluxe will come soon enough 

56 minutes ago, Doja Kitten said:

My favorites are still the singles.

In my opinion good melodies are the most important aspect for pop music, which modern pop music lacks. 

It’s a solid 6/10. It has some cute moments but it’s nothing like Future Nostalgia. 

Interesting to hear your review. It would be interesting to know which albums make up your top 5 of all time.

41 minutes ago, RadicalOptimism said:

People wanted her to move on from that sound and idk why. I hate how people think people need to keep reinventing themselves. However, I’m loving the album. It’s not Future Nostalgia, but it’s still special and knowing Dua she has other songs up her sleeve and a deluxe will come soon enough 

Because she’s been doing disco for like 5 years???????? Then she went an did a soundtrack song with the exact same disco sound! ENOUGHlol new rules was amazing I wish she didn’t leave that sound so soon

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, LoveYourselfMas said:

Because she’s been doing disco for like 5 years???????? Then she went a did a soundtrack song with the exact same disco sound! ENOUGHlol new rules was amazing I wish she didn’t leave that sound so soon

Girl she is a certified hit making machine regardless of the sound. Stream Maria for clear skin 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, jordeezy river red said:

I wish the 11 tracks were all extended versions on the album. It would be a classic for sure. 

Rumors are she will since all the singles have extended versions. It would be iconic. Some of the tracks are too short and I don’t doubt extended versions exist. I also want an instrumental album 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block