Taylor Swift doesn't deserve the hate she gets and here's why

31 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

I'm honestly tired of this discussion with you. I never said she can't be criticized. But the hate she gets constantly all the time is so toxic. This is the SAME toxic culture that wanted to see Britney fail and LOVED it when she "had a breakdown." They loved that moment because it gave them something to talk about.

Criticizing work out of good faith is fine, but asking why she decided to switch genres as if it wasn't something she isn't capable of wanting on her own? Like just because she switched to pop it HAS to be because she is trying to copy other people? That's disgusting and misogynistic. But go off I guess.

And I didn't say she was BETTER than the others, but you started to compare her to the others and saying she is "bland." The truth is there is no comparison because they have their own place in pop music which I already said. What i was saying to you is that she IS doing stuff that others can't do, and that makes her unique. Just because it isn't your "brand" of unique doesn't give you an excuse to be dismissive of someone's work.

So I’m obligated to liked her work? If I don’t I’m misogynistic? Ok...

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, InTheZone4Life said:

Bumping my platinum thread about Taylor so you hoes can refer to it tomorrow while you’re crying that she gets all the awards at the Grammys :peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

Nobody cares anymore cause the Grammys are meaningless now that everybody exposed them. You just need to shake hands and send gifts to the right people, something overrated bully Taylor is really good at.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
On 9/2/2020 at 3:00 PM, InTheZone4Life said:

Taylor Swift has been cancelled and thrown into drama countless times. From the moment Kanye West took the stage in 2008 declaring that Beyoncé deserved the award that then 18-year-old Taylor had won rightfully. Kanye said that Beyoncé had one of the greatest videos of all time? That may be true, however that was not up for debate. The VMA's are fan voted. Taylor has been known for interacting with fans on a personal basis. She has paid off student loans, donated to sick fans, showed up at the hospital to play for some people, sent gifts to them near Christmas, and so many more things. She has EARNED her fan's love and support. She has invited them into her home for secret sessions to listen to her albums before they get wide released and guess what, the fans keep their lips SEALED. There is MUTUAL love and respect. When you love and support your fans, guess what? YOU WIN FAN VOTED AWARDS.

People continue to state that she is overrated. She has the most awarded pop album in history and the most awarded country album in history. In 2010, She was the youngest country artist, and the youngest artist in history, to win album of the year with Fearless. This is NOT a fan voted award. This was chosen by people who work in the industry. Yes, they've made mistakes before with their choices, however this was not one of them. Taylor has cowritten or written on every song she has released on any of her studio albums. That is an accomplishment that few artists can claim. That is not the mark of an overrated woman. That is the hard work of an accomplished artist. She has also had successful albums in three different genres thanks to her most recently released album, folklore, which is listed as an alternative album and has claimed the top spot of the Hot 200.

They say she causes drama, but she often doesn't start it. 

The Kanye incident in 2008? He walked up on stage. She didn't invite him.

The Kim Kardashian feud? She posted the videos on her snapchat story after Kanye recorded their call without her consent.

The Katy Perry drama? Katy hired dancers, that were currently touring with Taylor's highly acclaimed RED tour, to come dance for her.

Countless times, she has been shaded and dragged and she does what? Releases a song about her experiences? Guess who else does that? LITERALLY EVERY OTHER ARTIST.

You say she only writes breakup songs? Here is a list of songs from her 8 studio albums that she has released that are love songs or inspired by other things:

Taylor Swift: A Place In This World, The Outside, Tied Together With A Smile. Stay Beautiful, Mary's Song (Oh My My My), Our Song, I'm Only Me When I'm With You

Fearless: Fearless, Fifteen, Love Story, Hey Stephen, You Belong With Me, The Best Day, Change, Jump Then Fall, Superstar

Speak Now: Mine, Sparks Fly, Mean, Never Grow Up, Enchanted, Innocent, Long Live, Ours, Superman

RED: State of Grace, Treacherous, 22, Stay Stay Stay, Holy Ground, The Lucky One, Everything Has Changed, Starlight, Begin Again

1989: Welcome to New York, Blank Space, Style, Out of the Woods, Shake It Off, Bad Blood, This Love, Clean, You Are In Love, New Romantics

reputation: …Ready For It?, End Game, Delicate, Look What You Made Me Do, So It Goes..., Gorgeous, King of My Heart, Dress, This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things, Call It What You Want, New Year's Day

Lover: I Forgot That You Existed, Lover, The Man, The Archer, I Think He Knows, Paper Rings, Cornelia Street, London Boy, Soon You'll Get Better, False God, You Need to Calm Down, ME!, It's Nice to Have a Friend, Daylight

folklore: cardigan, the last great american dynasty, mirrorball, seven, invisible string, epiphany, peace

In 2015, She singlehandedly made Apple Music change their policy by calling them out on the policy they had of not paying artists for streams while users were still in their free trial. Make no mistake: brand new, little known artists that don't have much money were getting paid because SHE wrote an open letter to Apple about their policy. They changed it the same day. She refused to put her music on Spotify for the longest time in order to fight for them to change their policy on how much the artists, writers, producers, and others who contribute were compensated fairly. She is a force to be reckoned with. 

Do yourself a favor and dig deeper than the popular narrative of hating on Taylor. She doesn't deserve it. She is an artist, and she is working not only for herself but for your next favorite artist.1CBB9BDD-9C70-47AB-811A-396DDB7F2BD9.jpeg

Post September 2 of 2020... LOL! March 2021 and her fans still spreading hate and bullying to people who never did something bad to her idol...

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block