Taylor Swift doesn't deserve the hate she gets and here's why

4 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

I can't stand her because she ALWAYS plays the victim in everything she does.

What Kanye did to her at the VMA's was totally wrong, but she got to springboard into superstardom because of it.

Then she stopped being such a nice girl and turned into this conniving and calculated Regina George.

What she did to Katy is inexcusable and I don't even like Katy like that. To sit there and put out a single trying to get the world to turn against someone is just using your platform for evil. 

[Then last year] she did something so horrible. I was like, “Oh, we’re just straight-up enemies.” And it wasn’t even about a guy!’

Imagine being that childish and mean spirited, then pretending you were the victim in all of it...

Now onto the whole Scooter Braun thing. How she even has the audacity to try and play the victim in that situation is utterly insane.

When you sign a record contract you willingly and knowingly sign away your rights. It's in your contracts, her parents are lawyers so it's not like she didn't know.

Then to sit there and send your fan base after him? Maybe he isn't a good person at all, but to sit there and use your platform for evil makes you no better.

Making it a women's rights issue is utterly disgusting and cheapens the movement for women who actually are abused.

These are contracts she willingly signed, now that she doesn't like it she doesn't get to turn around and abuse her power cuz she's not getting her way.

Then onto Gay Rights. After years of being called out for not speaking up, she ONLY becomes an ally to promote her music?

How disingenuous can you be?

Then to also be shady towards Ed Sheeran and put him on blast for being a chart chaser? Why is that necessary?

It's not like she doesn't know what she's doing? She's way too calculated for that...

Other than the bops Max Martin and Shellback have crafted for her, I personally can't find ANYTHING to like about her.

You wildin :gloria:

InTheZone4Life bout to go off :gloria:

• Haha 4

Your main argument defending Taylor pretty much comes down to "she's accomplished a lot!", which nobody has denied. Let's not act as if her being successful means that she can't be criticized or hated, though; tons of pop girls are successful and yet they still  have more haters than Taylor. Swifties like to feel victimized but let's be honest, Taylor has never really been as hated as certain other pop girls like Gaga or Katy.

She's never really flopped, so there's less things for her haters to use as ammo against her, and aside from some controversies like the VMAs thing, the Katy feud, and the Kanye feud (some of those weren't even her fault, anyway), she hasn't been the target of that much backflash. She's the safest pop girl in recent memory, and it's worked in her favor.

• Love 2
  • Like 4
11 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

What Kanye did to her at the VMA's was totally wrong, but she got to springboard into superstardom because of it.

She was already on her way to superstardom. The Kanye thing didn't catapult her into anything. She didn't utter a word about it until later on her next album, Speak Now which was two years later. By that time, she was already the youngest artist in history to win Album of the Year at the Grammy's.

16 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

Then she stopped being such a nice girl and turned into this conniving and calculated Regina George.

Other than the bops Max Martin and Shellback have crafted for her, I personally can't find ANYTHING to like about her.

These statements are all personal opinions, so I don't really have any comments about them.... :gagasmile:

18 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

What she did to Katy is inexcusable and I don't even like Katy like that. To sit there and put out a single trying to get the world to turn against someone is just using your platform for evil. 

[Then last year] she did something so horrible. I was like, “Oh, we’re just straight-up enemies.” And it wasn’t even about a guy!’

Imagine being that childish and mean spirited, then pretending you were the victim in all of it...

She didn't ever clarify that it was Katy. She never said a work about it. She put out her music, and gave that interview to Billboard. People asked her point blank if it was about her, but she never once let it slip. That's no childish. That's letting the music speak for itself. She put it out as a single because Bad Blood goes OFF. It's a bop. That has nothing to do with wanting to attack someone. 

21 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

Now onto the whole Scooter Braun thing. How she even has the audacity to try and play the victim in that situation is utterly insane.

When you sign a record contract you willingly and knowingly sign away your rights. It's in your contracts, her parents are lawyers so it's not like she didn't know.

Then to sit there and send your fan base after him? Maybe he isn't a good person at all, but to sit there and use your platform for evil makes you no better.

Making it a women's rights issue is utterly disgusting and cheapens the movement for women who actually are abused.

These are contracts she willingly signed, now that she doesn't like it she doesn't get to turn around and abuse her power cuz she's not getting her way.

The fact is that Scott Borchetta built his business, Big Machine Records, off the back of Taylor Swift's success. Scott KNEW the horrible things that Scooter and others have said about her, and didn't even have the decency to ask if Taylor wanted to buy her music back outright. Yes, they have the right to hold the contract, but also the kind thing to do after an artist PAID YOUR BILLS FOR OVER A DECADE isn't to hold her music hostage. MAKE NO MISTAKE: Big Machine would not be here if not for Taylor and the artists that signed on AFTER her success with Scott. :gagasmile:

Furthermore, she never sent her fans after Scott or Scooter. All Taylor did was write open letters about her situation, which has had positive benefits in the past. Instead of letting the media tell her story, she tells her own. She has changed the landscape of music before thanks to posting open letters. Saying that she sent her fanbase after Scott or Scooter is the same as saying Britney sent us after Sam or Lou. You can take SEVERAL SEATS on that point. :lessons:

30 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

Then onto Gay Rights. After years of being called out for not speaking up, she ONLY becomes an ally to promote her music?

She kept her mouth shut out of fear for what would happen. She also didn't speak on politics for years. How disingenuous can YOU be? She has a right, just like every human, to speak or NOT speak on whatever she wants to. She decided to speak out finally. Why do you have to attack someone who is now trying to help the LGBTQ community for now trying to help? Damned if you do, damned if you don't. 

34 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

Then to also be shady towards Ed Sheeran and put him on blast for being a chart chaser? Why is that necessary?

It's not like she doesn't know what she's doing? She's way too calculated for that...

She never shaded Ed. If you're talking about the quote where she called Ed a chart-monger, she wasn't shading him. They are friends. She was saying that he studies the charts and is obsessed with how they work, and she doesn't understand them really. Here is the full quote:

Charts — I truly, truly do not understand how they work anymore. My friend Ed [Sheeran] is such a chart monger. He’s obsessed with how it works and the math of it. I have no idea what goes on with the math with it now, it used to be so easy. I don’t even get how, people get a big release week, because they they sold T-shirts, or they sold concert tickets with their albums. It’s just very confusing. But I was stoked about the “ME!” music video getting that many YouTube views. I was like, well, that’s like, that’s something to write home about.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/taylor-swift-moments-that-couldnt-fit-in-our-cover-story-890700/

She GAVE Ed his career when he opened up for her on her RED tour. He was a nobody before her. But she loves him. She has had him on multiple tracks. I thought a Britney fan would know better than to just read what is in the tabloids or gossip columns and take it for truth. Do yourself a favor and think for yourself instead of letting gossip columns and cancel culture Twitter do your thinking for you. :gagasmile:

• Love 3
  • Like 4
  • Content Curators

I just recently discovered Taylor's music, I became interested after listening to Folklore. I don't know much about her honestly. The things I have read are always nice things.

I think she's beautiful, her music is good and New Romantics is my BOP.

• Love 2
  • Like 2

I wanna be there when you touch fire

4 minutes ago, DougFrmBrazil said:

It's not hate, she needs to tone down the drama around her. There's always drama with her. Always!

I said there is some drama. But truthfully, much of it is unwarranted and not something she has asked for. Besides the media loves to create "mad woman" narratives because it sells.... look at Britney? 

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Stefani said:

Your main argument defending Taylor pretty much comes down to "she's accomplished a lot!", which nobody has denied. Let's not act as if her being successful means that she can't be criticized or hated, though; tons of pop girls are successful and yet they still  have more haters than Taylor. Swifties like to feel victimized but let's be honest, Taylor has never really been as hated as certain other pop girls like Gaga or Katy.

She's never really flopped, so there's less things for her haters to use as ammo against her, and aside from some controversies like the VMAs thing, the Katy feud, and the Kanye feud (some of those weren't even her fault, anyway), she hasn't been the target of that much backflash. She's the safest pop girl in recent memory, and it's worked in her favor.

She HAS accomplished a lot. But I had several points. My main argument wasn't that "she's accomplished a lot." My main argument was that a lot of the criticisms that she receives are unfounded. I did say that she accomplished a lot, but she also has done a LOT for the music industry. From the artist to the vendor, SHE GIVES BACK. I haven't seen Gaga get hate. She has been called odd, oversexualized, and other things. But she has never been ridiculed like Taylor. I guess you could make an argument for Katy. She has gotten a lot of hate from the pop community. Taylor gets hate from the entertainment industry as a whole though. So idk.

10 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

I said there is some drama. But truthfully, much of it is unwarranted and not something she has asked for. Besides the media loves to create "mad woman" narratives because it sells.... look at Britney? 

Britney never played the victim. Taylor is constantly reminding that everyone is against her. She "needs to calm down". 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, thebritmaster said:

What hate :didilie:

She has the best selling record of the year every time she opens her mouth to sing. I think she will be OK :didilie:

For real people like want her to get hated on or something like wtf she’s literally boring as hell and no one ever cared about her drama THERE ARE PEOPLE DYING KIM 

1 hour ago, Britney'sBish said:

"I can't stand her because she ALWAYS plays the victim in everything she does."

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 3
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, DougFrmBrazil said:

Britney never played the victim. Taylor is constantly reminding that everyone is against her. She "needs to calm down". 

Taylor only ever wrote about her experiences from her perspective. She is allowed to do that. Guess what? If someone comes up on stage and yanks the microphone away from you while you are in the middle of your speech. Guess what you as an artist have EVERY FREAKING RIGHT TO DO? Write a song about it. If a relationship falls apart after you've poured your time and effort into it. You've made so many memories and you lose them because they cheat on you. Guess what you you get to do? Write a song about it. That's not a victim.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block