When was the first time you realized Britney Spears is no longer your idol?

She oddly became definitely an ordinary celebrity for me after she wasted one chance to another to live a normal life after CS ended. (For me)

I’m only having 3 or 4 min look into her life throughout the day to see what she’s up to. I realized that her music used to push her personal life, personality  and all negative aspects for me . But unfortunately her personal life cross the line to a point that whenever I look at her, I just see a big wasted opportunity. She’s athletic, her body is still holding on after everything went down.it cannot be unseen.

I used to look up to her a lot. She’s basically the reason why I wanted to learn English, to be able to understand her. But these days I know the language she speaks, however I cannot relate to her. 

what was your “ this is it” moment?

• Love 2
  • Haha 2
  • Like 3
6 minutes ago, Agyness said:

When someone manages to provoke in me what she provoked between 1998 - 2008, maybe I will find another idol, but that's not the case, what she brought me during so many years, I will be grateful to her until my death. 

1 minute ago, Gutterguppy said:

I think fans need to learn to not put all of their hopes and dreams into celebrities, because at the end of the day, they are human beings with complex emotions and issues. 

I agree with both of these statements. She will always be my idol. When I think of her as my idol, I think about the time where she was on top of the world. My connection to her is admiring the work she already did. I don't judge that era of time by what is happening right now.

I always tried really hard to keep her personal life outside of my thoughts as an idol

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Gutterguppy said:

I think fans need to learn to not put all of their hopes and dreams into celebrities, because at the end of the day, they are human beings with complex emotions and issues. 

surprised to see this coming from someone that defends the actions of a pop star like she's the Jesus

• Like 1

I never came to that realization and honestly I don’t think I ever will. No matter how much I find her ***** tacky or how many times she posts videos of her spinning in her living room. She will always be my idol. I’ve been idolizing this woman for 25 years. Her music was there for me when I needed something to lift me up when I was down. Her performances brought me joy when I was sad. To this day, her songs still makes me happy and seeing her old performances still gives me the chills. She will forever be my idol.

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Never idolized her. Just a fan of her work ethic, music, performances and personality. 

A lot of that is all but gone now - just little slivers of hope she will wake up and stop self sabotaging her life. There’s too much good going for her to just continuously ruin it 

• Love 3
  • Like 4
31 minutes ago, GmailMyHeart said:

surprised to see this coming from someone that defends the actions of a pop star like she's the Jesus

I defend Britney from the incessant bullying and punching down some users here like to revel in. How about you stop riding me and patrolling my comments.

• Like 4

I think it slowly started dying off after “3” and X Factor. I haven’t gagged at her work since then. But I love her as a person, even though I don’t know her I know she’s a good person. I will always root for her and defend her. 

• Like 3

What do you mean ? :ririshade1_rihanna_annoyed_window_bye_irritated_mad_black:She will always be my idol,  nº1, FOREVER no matter what. I grew up with her music, and she taught me how to be strong and never give up :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad: I admire her as a superstar and as a human being, she is and she'll always be amazing to me. 

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, KrisJ said:

Never idolized her. Just a fan of her work ethic, music, performances and personality. 

A lot of that is all but gone now - just little slivers of hope she will wake up and stop self sabotaging her life. There’s too much good going for her to just continuously ruin it 

Perfectly said 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
33 minutes ago, troubleforyou said:

The OP really objectives the female body and suggests that Britney’s athletic body is for your consumption, that she should be entertaining you with it. 

yikes

I wish someday you and the type of people like you who makes literally anything a big issue would extinct. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block