Taylor Swift doesn't deserve the hate she gets and here's why

24 minutes ago, Arianna said:

Me too! The Saturday show in Boston. :( I’ve seen a few tours! Opening for Keith, Fearless, 1989 & Reputation. :) 

I was supposed to go to the Saturday show too! :sobbing:

17 minutes ago, LaLisaManoban said:

Same... but in Europe it was canceled! :crying4:

I'm hoping we get some folklore mixed in when she reschedules but the fact we never got Lover Fest is so sad. :sobbing: 

1 minute ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I remember her, going to do a Christmas tree lighting in Arizona in 2005. Before her first album came out. Fast forward to 2018. She was in glendale and the first female ever to sell out the University of Phoenix stadium with her reputation Stadium tour. 

Like who does that!!!

She is INCREDIBLE. Truly an ICON. 

2 minutes ago, thebritmaster said:

Yes that was uncalled for. calling someone cancer is just... gross..

they are :flop:s

I get not liking someone. Everyone is entitled to opinions which is why I didn't reply to every negative comment. Some of them are just opinions, but the unfiltered hate that Taylor gets is insane. Even in this thread, I didn't reply for HOURS and people ran in here to run their mouths and say terrible things.... For whatever reason, she is so polarizing. I don't get it. :idkney:

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, ralphcornio said:

She's ok. There's nothing really different or special about her, like her fans and the media try to argument sinetunes. That refrains people for liking her, and even acquire a certain distaste. 1989 was her only stand out pop album, and yet you'll find some lobotomized individuals calling her Queen of Pop :ehidk:

I wouldn't go as far as to say she is the Queen of Pop. That title should go to Britney. There doesn't need to be a King of Pop, a Princess of Pop, an Empress of Pop. Britney IS pop music. No one will ever reach her level of acclaim and stardom nor her level of scrutiny from the press.  :haha:

However, I do think she is an INCREDIBLE songwriter. Arguably the best songwriter of our time. The amount of songwriters required for any other pop star's album right now is hilarious. Everyone is out here requiring five writers on one track, and Taylor put out one of the best selling albums of 2020 from quarantine where it was her and a couple other writers. There is NO ONE doing it like Taylor. Whether she is pop royalty isn't important, what she is doing for music as a whole is. She is working to save the music industry and those involved more than nearly any other artist that I can think of. Maybe Dolly is doing more tbh, but the amount of selfish and greedy people that are only trying to get as much money as possible is crazy. Taylor genuinely gives SO. FREAKING. MUCH. to everyone. 

11 minutes ago, LaLisaManoban said:

We will now get a FolkLove fest ;)

I'm not ready! She is truly gonna slay me :sobbing:

• Like 1
23 hours ago, InTheZone4Life said:

She was already on her way to superstardom. The Kanye thing didn't catapult her into anything. She didn't utter a word about it until later on her next album, Speak Now which was two years later. By that time, she was already the youngest artist in history to win Album of the Year at the Grammy's.

These statements are all personal opinions, so I don't really have any comments about them.... :gagasmile:

She didn't ever clarify that it was Katy. She never said a work about it. She put out her music, and gave that interview to Billboard. People asked her point blank if it was about her, but she never once let it slip. That's no childish. That's letting the music speak for itself. She put it out as a single because Bad Blood goes OFF. It's a bop. That has nothing to do with wanting to attack someone. 

The fact is that Scott Borchetta built his business, Big Machine Records, off the back of Taylor Swift's success. Scott KNEW the horrible things that Scooter and others have said about her, and didn't even have the decency to ask if Taylor wanted to buy her music back outright. Yes, they have the right to hold the contract, but also the kind thing to do after an artist PAID YOUR BILLS FOR OVER A DECADE isn't to hold her music hostage. MAKE NO MISTAKE: Big Machine would not be here if not for Taylor and the artists that signed on AFTER her success with Scott. :gagasmile:

Furthermore, she never sent her fans after Scott or Scooter. All Taylor did was write open letters about her situation, which has had positive benefits in the past. Instead of letting the media tell her story, she tells her own. She has changed the landscape of music before thanks to posting open letters. Saying that she sent her fanbase after Scott or Scooter is the same as saying Britney sent us after Sam or Lou. You can take SEVERAL SEATS on that point. :lessons:

She kept her mouth shut out of fear for what would happen. She also didn't speak on politics for years. How disingenuous can YOU be? She has a right, just like every human, to speak or NOT speak on whatever she wants to. She decided to speak out finally. Why do you have to attack someone who is now trying to help the LGBTQ community for now trying to help? Damned if you do, damned if you don't. 

She never shaded Ed. If you're talking about the quote where she called Ed a chart-monger, she wasn't shading him. They are friends. She was saying that he studies the charts and is obsessed with how they work, and she doesn't understand them really. Here is the full quote:

Charts — I truly, truly do not understand how they work anymore. My friend Ed [Sheeran] is such a chart monger. He’s obsessed with how it works and the math of it. I have no idea what goes on with the math with it now, it used to be so easy. I don’t even get how, people get a big release week, because they they sold T-shirts, or they sold concert tickets with their albums. It’s just very confusing. But I was stoked about the “ME!” music video getting that many YouTube views. I was like, well, that’s like, that’s something to write home about.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/taylor-swift-moments-that-couldnt-fit-in-our-cover-story-890700/

She GAVE Ed his career when he opened up for her on her RED tour. He was a nobody before her. But she loves him. She has had him on multiple tracks. I thought a Britney fan would know better than to just read what is in the tabloids or gossip columns and take it for truth. Do yourself a favor and think for yourself instead of letting gossip columns and cancel culture Twitter do your thinking for you. :gagasmile:

You literally came back with no valid points.

Her biggest successes came after the Kanye incident and that is a fact. You Belong With Me only hit #2 a month after the incident.

She didn't need to clarify that it was about Katy because it was blatantly obvious. Anytime someone uses a platform to be a bully is childish and that's why karma came back to bite her with Kanye again.

Knowing how toxic her fan base is then putting the whole Scooter Braun situation out there was a calculated move. She knew exactly what would happen and just shows how much of a bully she is.

Hiring the biggest hit maker in the industry, Max Martin, is not changing the landscape of music as you so deludedly put it. So you can go ahead and take your own SEVERAL SEATS back.

She kept her mouth shut out of fear of what would happen!? Are you effing serious? It's not a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. She waited til it was the most convenient for her career and hired cliches she knew gays would check for. It's not genuine. 

Your delusion really came out when you said she gave Ed his career. Everything in that statement was nothing but shade, but thanks for posting the quote to prove my point.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, InTheZone4Life said:

I was supposed to go to the Saturday show too! :sobbing:

I'm hoping we get some folklore mixed in when she reschedules but the fact we never got Lover Fest is so sad. :sobbing: 

Omg we will have to meet up! And I think it’s gonna be such an awesome combo and by then hopefully she can play old music if it’s re-recorded!

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Arianna said:

Omg we will have to meet up! And I think it’s gonna be such an awesome combo and by then hopefully she can play old music if it’s re-recorded!

YES! I would LOVE to meet up! :kylie:

I really hope she does get to re-record her old albums before then! I am SO HERE for 2020 Taylor faking a country accent! :kylie:

• Love 1
5 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

by your logic Britney didnt get hate in her prime because she was the best selling female solo artist of the decade?? :sponge:

Actually that's shocking she sold so much. I had to look it up and fact check a **** :)

I don't want to drag our fav

Spoiler

but she received a lot of criticism for lip syncing, being over ******, and having few writing credits :oprah:

I mean  :oprah: 

it was cool when I was younger I guess :cackling:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block