Taylor Swift doesn't deserve the hate she gets and here's why

1 hour ago, Stefani said:

Your main argument defending Taylor pretty much comes down to "she's accomplished a lot!", which nobody has denied. Let's not act as if her being successful means that she can't be criticized or hated, though; tons of pop girls are successful and yet they still  have more haters than Taylor. Swifties like to feel victimized but let's be honest, Taylor has never really been as hated as certain other pop girls like Gaga or Katy.

She's never really flopped, so there's less things for her haters to use as ammo against her, and aside from some controversies like the VMAs thing, the Katy feud, and the Kanye feud (some of those weren't even her fault, anyway), she hasn't been the target of that much backflash. She's the safest pop girl in recent memory, and it's worked in her favor.

" the VMAs thing, the Katy feud, and the Kanye feud (some of those weren't even her fault, anyway),"

Wasn't hers? Didn't she plan at all behind the stage? 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

Taylor only ever wrote about her experiences from her perspective. She is allowed to do that. Guess what? If someone comes up on stage and yanks the microphone away from you while you are in the middle of your speech. Guess what you as an artist have EVERY FREAKING RIGHT TO DO? Write a song about it. If a relationship falls apart after you've poured your time and effort into it. You've made so many memories and you lose them because they cheat on you. Guess what you you get to do? Write a song about it. That's not a victim.

"If someone comes up on stage and yanks the microphone away from you while you are in the middle of your speech"

Guess what: What if all of this was planned by her and her team and team's Kanye? That's kind a genius stunt, huh? To be catapulted into world stardom, isn't this genius? 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Stefani said:

Your main argument defending Taylor pretty much comes down to "she's accomplished a lot!", which nobody has denied. Let's not act as if her being successful means that she can't be criticized or hated, though; tons of pop girls are successful and yet they still  have more haters than Taylor. Swifties like to feel victimized but let's be honest, Taylor has never really been as hated as certain other pop girls like Gaga or Katy.

She's never really flopped, so there's less things for her haters to use as ammo against her, and aside from some controversies like the VMAs thing, the Katy feud, and the Kanye feud (some of those weren't even her fault, anyway), she hasn't been the target of that much backflash. She's the safest pop girl in recent memory, and it's worked in her favor.

Excuse me but she was extremely hated in 2016/2017 when Kim Kardashian leaked the video where supposedly Taylor new everything about kanye's song! Taylor was classified as a liar and a snake (do I need to remember that there was even the "international snake day"?). The fact that this did not have a huge impact in her career, doesnt mean she was not overly hated.. I mean, all of the Reputation album is about her bad reputation at that particular time.

Everyone that reached a certain level of success is eligible to be hated and she is the Top female artist for quite a few years now so of course people wanted to destroy her.

I can agree with you that at the moment she is not that hated anymore but a lot had happened. The truth about Kim's video was revealed, folklore was super well received. All of these things contribute to create a good image of her but this does not erase the past!

• Love 1
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

She doesn’t deserve her hate. I own the lover and reputation CD and she is really talented. I respect her as a businesswoman and artist :mimiclap:

The hate has nothing to do with her music tho. Talent doesn’t erase sh|tty behavior. Y’all can downvote bc I know this site is low key TaylorHeavy, but idc bc the GP agrees. Obviously not enough to overshadow her success, but she’s v polarizing.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, PrettyGorl said:

The hate has nothing to do with her music tho. Talent doesn’t erase sh|tty behavior. Y’all can downvote bc I know this site is low key TaylorHeavy, but idc bc the GP agrees. Obviously not enough to overshadow her success, but she’s v polarizing.

****ty behaviour? Taylor is a very sweet person who was painted as a snake by the media. You can see how much pain she had when discussing the backlash and hate she received in 2014-2016:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x-8sILIir0

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, DougFrmBrazil said:

"If someone comes up on stage and yanks the microphone away from you while you are in the middle of your speech"

Guess what: What if all of this was planned by her and her team and team's Kanye? That's kind a genius stunt, huh? To be catapulted into world stardom, isn't this genius? 

Lmao not you becoming a conspiracy theorist. Why would they ever plan both of themselves being publicly humiliated? :queenflopga:

• Haha 2
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

****ty behaviour? Taylor is a very sweet person who was painted as a snake by the media. You can see how much pain she had when discussing the backlash and hate she received in 2014-2016:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x-8sILIir0

She’s manipulative. Not a typical trait of “sweet” ppl. Britney is someone who’s genuinely sweet. Taylor is extremely cunning and vindictive. Just look at the way she handled the Scooter Braun drama. Or how she lied about the Kanye phone calls.

but even before the media weighed in on those scandals, people didn’t like Taylor all the way back to the early 2010s bc she was selling out her exes to write songs. And hating on Tina Fey. The revolving door of PR boyfriends Is a red flag that she’s putting on a show.

• Love 3
  • Like 4

Back when "Tim McGraw" came out, it would play on CMT every morning before school right after Ashley Monroe's first single: 

I truly thought Ashley would be the next big country star but then somehow her label mysteriously went under and Taylor began getting pushed harder.  Ashley's album was never released and was never heard from on radio until she joined Pistol Annie's 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Lmao not you becoming a conspiracy theorist. Why would they ever plan both of themselves being publicly humiliated? :queenflopga:

Lol no I def think it could have been fake. The Miley Nicki thing definitely was so why is it so hard to believe? It even seemed fake then.

i mean Kanye’s entire career is him embarrassing himself for attention (his slavery comments) soooo yea I’m like 50/50 if that moment was preplanned 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, PrettyGorl said:

Lol no I def think it could have been fake. The Miley Nicki thing definitely was so why is it so hard to believe? It even seemed fake then.

i mean Kanye’s entire career is him embarrassing himself for attention (his slavery comments) soooo yea I’m like 50/50 if that moment was preplanned 

Because it wouldn't make sense considering Taylor's ya know, career and the Kanye drama lmao. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, PrettyGorl said:

She’s manipulative. Not a typical trait of “sweet” ppl. Britney is someone who’s genuinely sweet. Taylor is extremely cunning and vindictive. Just look at the way she handled the Scooter Braun drama. Or how she lied about the Kanye phone calls.

but even before the media weighed in on those scandals, people didn’t like Taylor all the way back to the early 2010s bc she was selling out her exes to write songs. And hating on Tina Fey. The revolving door of PR boyfriends Is a red flag that she’s putting on a show.

She didn't lie... this year a 20 minutes video leaked and proved she was saying the truth! She did know about the existence of the song but Kanye never told her about the ***** part! And even when he told her about the song, she let him release the song but clearly she didnt agree with its content since she said something like "well at that time I sold 7 million album" insinuating something like "how did you make me famous? I was already famous" 

• Love 3
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Because it wouldn't make sense considering Taylor's ya know, career and the Kanye drama lmao. 

Why doesn’t it make sense with Taylor career? Is she not the professional victim of the music industry?

tbh the iconic moment helped seal both of their statuses and solidified their roles in pop culture that they’ve maintained till today.

7 minutes ago, LaLisaManoban said:

She didn't lie... this year a 20 minutes video leaked and proved she was saying the truth! She did know about the existence of the song but Kanye never told her about the ***** part! And even when he told her about the song, she let him release the song but clearly she didnt agree with its content since she said something like "well at that time I sold 7 million album" insinuating something like "how did you make me famous? I was already famous" 

Obviously I know the “story” and it was more manipulation

so you mean to tell me she was okay with him saying “me and Taylor might still have $ex“ but she’s just up in arms about the b word or insinuating he made her famous? Gimme a break

It’s Kanye 🤷‍♀️ they’re both songwriters she knew it was just a song hence she gave her okay. But once she saw an opportunity for good press and victim points , she took it.

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block