Why is Britney’s Gram mad at Netflix?

51 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

The production team on this doc is stacked.

Liz Garbus as a producer?

This doc is going to be one for the filmmakers out there...The NY Times doc was good, but this one should be just as good or better.

With this one, there's going to be craft.

Liz Garbus!! 

I just got chills reading her name. She directed/produced one of my all time favourite documentaries - What Happened, Miss Simone? Nominated for 6 Emmys, a Grammy and an Oscar!

Can you imagine if this documentary (is a feature) and gets nominated galore!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Justin Woodpond said:

Liz Garbus!! 

I just got chills reading her mane. She directed/produced one of my all time favourite documentaries - What Happened, Miss Simone? Nominated for 6 Emmys and an Oscar!

Can you imagine if this documentary (is a feature) and gets nominated galore!

I haven't seen that one, but I did see "There's Something Wrong With Aunt Diane."

So good!

I've been wanting to direct a doc on Britney's story since 2007...So I'm really chomping at the bit to see what this filmmaking team does with this content!

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I haven't seen that one, but I did see "There's Something Wrong With Aunt Diane."

So good!

I've been wanting to direct a doc on Britney's story since 2007...So I'm really chomping at the bit to see what this filmmaking team does with this content!

You can always write “a good book”, I know for a fact you’d ace that! Cut through the bull**** and get right to goods!

• Love 1
  • Like 1
45 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

So good!

"There's Something Wrong With Aunt Diane" was so heartbreaking and riveting. It feels weird to say, but it's one of my favorite documentaries. I can't even explain why.

• Love 3

I’m so done with people questioning Britney’s Gram girls to side with Netflix. Netflix will make more money and buzz off Britney in a day than the Gram girls have done in years. You have a huge company in one side, and a lawyer and two dedicated and humble comedians in another :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde: Also I’m skeptical about the time the people involved in the documentary spent on this topic. Surprise Witness studied and passed her bar exam while being devoted to this, and the Gram girls went to court every single time, reached out to a lot of people and did great investigative journalism that not even the NYT could match with Framing BS.

Maybe the documentary won’t be pro-cship, but you’re naive if you think it’ll root for Britney as hard as the fans, Surprise Witness and the Gram girls did. Imo, if they don’t bring up uncomfortable topics such as the corruption in the system and Lou, they’re pro-cship anyway. And I don’t need to wait to watch it to think all this. We as fans should know how the entertainment business works. I don’t think it’s in their interest to help Britney, they just want to make money off her.

1 hour ago, Corruptured Colon said:

"There's Something Wrong With Aunt Diane" was so heartbreaking and riveting. It feels weird to say, but it's one of my favorite documentaries. I can't even explain why.

Have you seen "The Keepers" on Netflix?!

It's along the same vein...It's about a very delicate subject matter, but is handled with such tremendous empathy.

I'm hoping "Britney vs. Spears" has the same tone.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, Qweef said:

I can’t believe anyone would think Netflix would commission anything pro c-ship could you imagine the massive backlash from fans AND gp??? 
also I think Britney’s gram is just pissed they aren’t in the spotlight since the free Britney movement took off lol.

Not everything is black and white. They can ignore a lot of evidence. Did you watch Framing Britney Spears and the British documentary? They may not be pro cship, but they’re obviously not anti cship, and that’s what Britney needs. Someone to fiercely destroy the reputation and public image of the people who abused her in many ways. Thank god we have Rosengart for that now.

Anyway from this trailer I don't really see anything groundbreaking (besides the alleged court file they were apparently given?) but obviously we've seen nothing so I'll wait til  the full thing is out to judge. I will say that if this is just another media grab over Britney's situation that brings mostly nothing new besides providing a summary of what's happened since Framing Britney Spears then it'll be pretty disappointing and low key shameful. At least now wait until the cship is terminated or some more time passes to see what happens and if Britney might want to participate, they'd at least be able to know if she approves or not. Framing Britney Spears was necessary, I'm not sure if this will be other than contributing  to the "drama"/redundant sensationalism of the case and people's hunger to consume more related content.

3 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

They provided the platform for the call, but don't you think the paralegal would've just went to someone else?

Like who? TKyle and Muumuse's podcast? I don't think so. The "paralegal" specifically went to them because of who they were/their platform and the way they were being suspicious on their podcast and reporting on Britney's situation at the time.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Notorious I.G.G.Y. said:

Like who? TKyle and Muumuse's podcast? I don't think so. The "paralegal" specifically went to them because of who they were/their platform and the way they were being suspicious on their podcast and reporting on Britney's situation at the time.

Ok fair point. But yeah they took a voicemail from a paralegal. It's already out there. What other value would they provide to the documentary?

• Love 1

Whatever it is...I'm sure it's petty.

I think sometimes those people forget that there is a human being at the center of all of this...Britney!:hiii_britney_wave_glaad_2018_waving_hello:

I appreciate their dedication but at this point they've turned her into a true crime story and they're all trying to be the one that gets the most clout and a career out of it.

God Bless them all!!!! 💐🙏

• Love 3
  • Like 5