Britney should go to a cabin in the woods for a year and work only with Jack Antonoff on future AOTY “Mornings” & “The Twirling Dancers Studio”. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

jk But yeah definitely a work cohesive sound is created when an album is worked on by a small group of people only. But at this point I’ll take whatever she throws my way. Tbh

Edited by monalisaney81
27 minutes ago, Britney Baby said:

Still 

Cohesive albums: one small team.

Definitely a work cohesive sound is created when an album is worked on by a small group of people only

Femme Female is one of her most cohesive albums though.

Britney Jean and Glory are a mess cohesively in comparison.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Britney Baby said:

I love Femme Fatale but it was so trend chasing when i look back at it 

Blackout and Circus had a "britney sound" to them, like you could tell it was Britney, in the vibe and in the sound

Femme Fatale was very trendy, very dr luke/kesha

It was fun tho

Trend-chasing? Femme Fatale actually pioneered EDM/dubstep into the mainstream. Femme Fatale was a trendsetter and one of Britney’s most cohesive albums.:flop_britney_candies:

Edited by CHAOTIC STYLE.
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Britney Baby said:

I love Femme Fatale but it was so trend chasing when i look back at it 

Blackout and Circus had a "britney sound" to them, like you could tell it was Britney, in the vibe and in the sound

Femme Fatale was very trendy, very dr luke/kesha

It was fun tho

Hmmm yes and no.

TTWE was very Kesha/Dr Luke but she wrote it and he produced it, so there's that...

The rest of the album was interesting enough and flowed from start to finish and there was still very much a Britney touch to it. 

Cohesion and a vision is something Britney works best with and Femme Female is a testament to that, she delivered arguably one of the best albums in 2011 and Femme Fetale was a mini re-invention for her and important part of her career, despite the usual fandom shenanigans about it.

• Love 3

Nah, cohesiveness is the worst concept ever. Unless they do something like Madonna did with the entire album being like a huge track, or Beyoncé with her latest album, but it would need to be a really good and original concept for it to work.

Who wants 12-15 songs that sound all the same? If any, she should work with a different producer/songwriter for each track so each one has its own personality, its own vibe, so they can stand out on their own without having to be tied to the other 10 tracks of the album to make sense.

• Love 1

I swear I’m not being mean, but can she even sing these days? Coz based on her speaking voice on previous videos, even just talking sounds like a challenge. 

I don’t think she’s interested in doing another album anytime soon or even ever. And that’s fine, she’s paid her dues and more.

However, if she does decide one day to record again, I hope she takes some vocal lessons first. 

• Love 4
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, Britney Baby said:

The recipe for a pop masterpiece is to avoid writing camps, work with one producer per album for unique sound. Tracks from writing camps always sound generic af, It's like they're just recycling the same demos for everyone. Femme Fatale was 100% made with writing camps and it's kinda her most generic album and could be sang by either Kesha or Katy Perry.... True magic: one producer for entire album ..... :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

Billie Eilish / Finneas

Gaga / RedOne

Madonna / William Orbit

Madonna / Mirwais

Britney / Danja

etc 

I agree. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Nah, cohesiveness is the worst concept ever. Unless they do something like Madonna did with the entire album being like a huge track, or Beyoncé with her latest album, but it would need to be a really good and original concept for it to work.

Who wants 12-15 songs that sound all the same? If any, she should work with a different producer/songwriter for each track so each one has its own personality, its own vibe, so they can stand out on their own without having to be tied to the other 10 tracks of the album to make sense.

Cohesiveness isn't just all songs sounding the same though.

Her least cohesive album is Britney Jean... Let's leave it at that :dontlike_chewing_gum_zoom_bomt_britney:

An album should be a cohesive body of work, not just collection of 12 singles.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block