I think Britney really liked Pretty Girls! #JusticeforPrettyGirls

Lately I’ve been revisiting the short lived pretty girls era. The song gets a lot of hate in the fandom but how sure are we Britney disliked the song herself?

I know she scrapped pretty world because pretty girls tanked but what if it was successful? Watching Britney perform the song she looks so happy and full of energy every time!

In the music video she actually looked like she was enjoying herself for the first time in a long time. She got to play a character in that video something she loves to do and hasn’t done in a while.  Iggy directed the video but The “artsy fartsy” vibe has Britney written all over it! She loves things to be cheesy and not super glammed.  

she was able to just be a girl 🥰 and probably really enjoyed being with Iggy too

Edited by Oprah Winfrey.
  • Love 5
  • Like 2

I remember before Pretty GIrls came out, she seemed pretty checked out of her Vegas show.  Once she released Pretty Girls, she seemed to be more herself and she seemed to enjoy performing more.  I wish it worked out for her.  I think she put a lot of effort into it.  

• Love 4

always liked it and remember the time so well + it puts me back. had an earworm. and it was her last single cd produced and released here in germany (bought it like 4 times).

(I also think she wouldve been so energetic with any other song that isnt 15 years old).

i think many hated it cause she and her belly were visibly photoshoped in the video...

• Love 3
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, devilsadvocate said:

Everything about Pretty Girls was very Britney the person. The whole aesthetic, theme, lyrics is very in line with how she is on Instagram. I think they gave her creative freedom here 

Yess it was thinking the same thing it’s like watching her instagram in a music video. 
She looks like she styled herself too!

dare we say this video be compared to Do Something! In that video  she directed herself and it has the same artsy fartsy edge too!

her team con videos always showed her as a ***ual glam dominatrix but Britney prefers things to be more crafty! She’s such a loveable dork

shes the type of girl you’ll find sipping on her mug in a cafe in Portland with messy dyed hair in a bun drawing in her journal 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, trip to my touch said:

(I also think she wouldve been so energetic with any other song that isnt 15 years old).

Good point but I don’t remember her having the same enthusiasm for make me  and slumber party 

Perhaps knee tapping was how she showed it:rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously:

• Haha 3
  • Like 1

I just revisited those videos and Pretty Girls itself and jeez, Britney was so loveable on those live POM performances. Especially during those dance breaks. But let's be honest: we don't love or never liked Pretty Girls itself, we liked seeing Britney, the artist, her presence and charisma again. :=)  

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Fita said:

I just revisited those videos and Pretty Girls itself and jeez, Britney was so loveable on those live POM performances. Especially during those dance breaks. But let's be honest: we don't love or never liked Pretty Girls itself, we liked seeing Britney, the artist, her presence and charisma again. :=)  

Yes, I think you're right. Although I do like the "we're just so prettay!" part 😘💕

Sometimes when I'm out having drinks, I'll randomly shout it to my friend...except I say, "you're just so prettay!" 💋

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

Not you using & twisting that hashtag! Especially in light of the recent goings on…   :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black: 

Pretty girls was her Barbie era cut short! She was just ahead of the curve tbh this would of been a smash if it came out now after Barbie.. 

Edited by PlatinumB
  • Love 1

I think she hated it lol, she didn't mention any of it in the book because she respects iggy for speaking up 

did you guys even read her book? britney is very aware of her looks and how she's perceived and everyone made fun of her during the release of PG. I'm sure she hated every second of it. they had Iggy dressed in tight dresses and long hair but they had britney dressed like an 80's mom who smokes inside of her living room 

they made her act, she's said she considers herself bad and she probably is embarrassed of the samsung add they had to put mid video 

and the song was just not as good guys lol britney has good ear she likes toxic MATM, Blackout, you think she considers PG good? 

her being goofy doesn't have anything to do with completely missing the point of what's good for her image and career 

• Haha 1

"I think they gave her creative freedom here!" 

Songwriter(s)

"I think britney styled herself!" 

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

The swapped her long tresses for a much shorter hairdo sporting a curly bob while wearing a repeat outfit from the day before. And listen to the first snippet of the single Pretty Girls.

"Britney had a lot of energy performing it!"

maybe, but britney had a good performing year during 2015 before the revamp, so it's not inherently because of pretty girls 

They even searched Iggy's entire house for drvgs. I'm sure britney wasn't very comfortable with it.

I could go on in the many ways that the conservatorship stripped everything that britney liked about making music from her, but I recommend you re-read her book and understand she hated most of this time period. She has said she only liked WB and Glory. No mention for anything on Circus, FF, anything else from BJ or PG. 

Edited by Richie
3 hours ago, Richie said:

"I think they gave her creative freedom here!" 

Songwriter(s)

"I think britney styled herself!" 

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

The swapped her long tresses for a much shorter hairdo sporting a curly bob while wearing a repeat outfit from the day before. And listen to the first snippet of the single Pretty Girls.

"Britney had a lot of energy performing it!"

maybe, but britney had a good performing year during 2015 before the revamp, so it's not inherently because of pretty girls 

They even searched Iggy's entire house for drvgs. I'm sure britney wasn't very comfortable with it.

I could go on in the many ways that the conservatorship stripped everything that britney liked about making music from her, but I recommend you re-read her book and understand she hated most of this time period. She has said she only liked WB and Glory. No mention for anything on Circus, FF, anything else from BJ or PG. 

3 hours ago, Richie said:

I think she hated it lol, she didn't mention any of it in the book because she respects iggy for speaking up 

did you guys even read her book? britney is very aware of her looks and how she's perceived and everyone made fun of her during the release of PG. I'm sure she hated every second of it. they had Iggy dressed in tight dresses and long hair but they had britney dressed like an 80's mom who smokes inside of her living room 

they made her act, she's said she considers herself bad and she probably is embarrassed of the samsung add they had to put mid video 

and the song was just not as good guys lol britney has good ear she likes toxic MATM, Blackout, you think she considers PG good? 

her being goofy doesn't have anything to do with completely missing the point of what's good for her image and career 

Yes we know all of this…

my point is that in this moment during the con Britney looked Happy and to be enjoying herself! 

And there’s a difference between high energy and looking happy on stage. She’s delivered many high energy performances where she looked miserable (the entire pom tour) that wasn’t the case here

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LoveYourselfMas said:

Ok so who styled the shoot. Who styled the hair? 

I’m not saying Britney styled her own hair but maybe she decided on the overall theme and helped create her look. 

team con liked Britney looking ***** as possible in music videos, doesn’t seem like it was team con idea to dress her this way in the music

5 hours ago, Oprah Winfrey. said:

Yes we know all of this…

my point is that in this moment during the con Britney looked Happy and to be enjoying herself! 

And there’s a difference between high energy and looking happy on stage. She’s delivered many high energy performances where she looked miserable (the entire pom tour) that wasn’t the case here

I'm sorry I went overboard. It's just that I'm re-reading the book and everything during the conservatorship makes me feel so bad 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block