Why is Britney’s Gram mad at Netflix?

17 minutes ago, Notorious I.G.G.Y. said:

I don't think they're "mad" because they're not included in this documentary, if they are indeed "mad" or just feel some type of way about it there's definitely more to the story.

If that's the case, I think it's a little unfair for them to take their anger out at Erin. Keep in mind there are legal boundaries. Netflix doesn't want to be sued.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

To continue this topic.. I just saw on twitter someone asked Tess Barker what we know about the Netflix doc and she replied with a thumbs down. I’m confused because it doesn’t seem to be team con but I feel like there is something we are missing that is making multiple people speak out against it…

On 9/21/2021 at 12:13 PM, Miley6676 said:

This is in reference to the rumored Netflix doc not the cnn special 

No there has actually been talk like that about CNN as well and honestly I am in the same boat. As a fan I honestly think I've read almost every single article regarding the CON since 2008 and needless to say the articles from CNN always floored me because they often felt like they could have been written by Lou or Jamie himself. It was honestly disturbing seeing what I consider a reputable new agency often pander towards the conservatorship. Of course a lot of this pandering was done under Chloe Melas. I still have screenshots from her articles over the years in which she claims based on sources (obviously Team Jamie's) that Britney was just fine and was quite content with the conservator ship. Even going so far as to report that the whole mental hospital stay was HER idea. What a load of crap we now know that to be. Chloe has NEVER once addressed her inaccurate reporting and is on the contrary releasing her own documentary special and now spends her time pretending to care about Britney. Don't even get me started on Chloe's involvement in a different scandal/hit piece involving another a list celeb. But that's also another story many don't know about. Sigh

• Like 1
On 9/22/2021 at 8:12 PM, boyinthemirror said:

I’m so done with people questioning Britney’s Gram girls to side with Netflix. Netflix will make more money and buzz off Britney in a day than the Gram girls have done in years. You have a huge company in one side, and a lawyer and two dedicated and humble comedians in another :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde: Also I’m skeptical about the time the people involved in the documentary spent on this topic. Surprise Witness studied and passed her bar exam while being devoted to this, and the Gram girls went to court every single time, reached out to a lot of people and did great investigative journalism that not even the NYT could match with Framing BS.

Maybe the documentary won’t be pro-cship, but you’re naive if you think it’ll root for Britney as hard as the fans, Surprise Witness and the Gram girls did. Imo, if they don’t bring up uncomfortable topics such as the corruption in the system and Lou, they’re pro-cship anyway. And I don’t need to wait to watch it to think all this. We as fans should know how the entertainment business works. I don’t think it’s in their interest to help Britney, they just want to make money off her.

Have you read the interview with Erin Lee Carr for the LA Times? 

The documentary was on track to being released early this year, until NYT’s FBS dropped and Erin & co. had to scrap what they had done and take a totally different approach. Britney’s shenanigans leading up to the conservatorship was no longer in play.

Also, Erin, a True Crime Documentary Filmmaker, partnered with prominent Rolling Stone Investigative Journalist Jenny Eliscu (Britney’s most ardent fan over at RS), so it’s not like if they’re going to interview a bunch of people from Britney’s past and “bob’s your uncle”. They’ll likely investigate the inner working of the conservatorship (financials, court proceeding etc.), which is what the documentary trailer appears to focus on, and what Erin alluded to in her interview.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Miley6676 said:

To continue this topic.. I just saw on twitter someone asked Tess Barker what we know about the Netflix doc and she replied with a thumbs down. I’m confused because it doesn’t seem to be team con but I feel like there is something we are missing that is making multiple people speak out against it…

That is just suspicious af. Erin is DEFINITELY not Team Con. She is team Britney and team women’s liberty and rights all the way. If people start trashing the doc it just makes me want to see it more. Like Erin say, so many people around Britney refused to cooperate. They hate the public to know, they make their friends go and “whisper” narratives etc. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Justin Woodpond said:

The documentary was on track to bring released early this year, until NYT’s FBS dropped and Erin & co. had to scrap what they had done and take a totally different approach. Britney’s lead up to the conservatorship was no longer in play.

Also, Erin, a True Crime Documentary Filmmaker, partnered with prominent Rolling Stone Investigative Journalist Jenny Eliscu (Britney’s most ardent fan over at RS), so it’s not like if they’re going to interview a bunch of people from Britney’s past and “bob’s your uncle”. They’ll likely really investigate the inner working of the conservatorship (financials, court proceeding etc.), which is what the documentary trailer appears to focus on, and what Erin alluded to in her interview.

I read that interview and she pointed out she cares about women’s rights and liberty. She pointed out she scrutinises THE CONSERVATORSHIP, not Britney. She also said she has excluded abusive footage from 2007 and such out of respect for Britney. This doc has nothing to do with Turning BRITNEY inside out, this one focus on the evil plot against her and the people who has put her in this conservatorship and how dirty it is. It is in Britney’s best interest and it really makes people trying to trash it look suspicious af.

Angela Bassett Movie GIF

• Love 2
3 hours ago, hello70 said:

No there has actually been talk like that about CNN as well and honestly I am in the same boat. As a fan I honestly think I've read almost every single article regarding the CON since 2008 and needless to say the articles from CNN always floored me because they often felt like they could have been written by Lou or Jamie himself. It was honestly disturbing seeing what I consider a reputable new agency often pander towards the conservatorship. Of course a lot of this pandering was done under Chloe Melas. I still have screenshots from her articles over the years in which she claims based on sources (obviously Team Jamie's) that Britney was just fine and was quite content with the conservator ship. Even going so far as to report that the whole mental hospital stay was HER idea. What a load of crap we now know that to be. Chloe has NEVER once addressed her inaccurate reporting and is on the contrary releasing her own documentary special and now spends her time pretending to care about Britney. Don't even get me started on Chloe's involvement in a different scandal/hit piece involving another a list celeb. But that's also another story many don't know about. Sigh

Sam Asghari himself went public on social media with the narrative that Britney’s stay at the facility was her idea, her “working on her mental health”…

Mad Men Reaction GIF

On 9/22/2021 at 7:45 PM, Whyshouldibsad21 said:

I’m starting to get annoyed and overwhelmed with all these "personalities" in the movement. There’s so much distraction and a lot of times I get the feeling it’s about clout chasing and who had the best scoops. People supposedly sitting on important information that will "be revealed  soon". This is about Britney first and foremost. If they have something important to say about Britney or concerning her than they should reveal it…or will we have to subscribe for that story?

Yeah. Especially a certain someone who just uses Britney to confirm her own spiritual and political beliefs. It is very, very selfish and narcissistic.

3 hours ago, Justin Woodpond said:

The documentary was on track to being released early this year, until NYT’s FBS dropped and Erin & co. had to scrap what they had done and take a totally different approach. Britney’s shenanigans leading up to the conservatorship was no longer in play.

Also, Erin, a True Crime Documentary Filmmaker, partnered with prominent Rolling Stone Investigative Journalist Jenny Eliscu (Britney’s most ardent fan over at RS), so it’s not like if they’re going to interview a bunch of people from Britney’s past and “bob’s your uncle”. They’ll likely investigate the inner working of the conservatorship (financials, court proceeding etc.), which is what the documentary trailer appears to focus on, and what Erin alluded to in her interview.

We’ll have to wait and see. :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding: So far all the information of value that could actually help Britney was only brought up by fans. I’m not expecting these documentaries to be clear and outspoken about the corruption in the system and everything that actually led to Britney being where she is. My expectations are that they’ll put all the blame on Jamie and won’t dig deep in the system that allowed him to abuse his own daughter. But anyway, like I said, I’ll wait to see and hopefully it’ll surprise me.

7 hours ago, hello70 said:

First of all it's unfair for you to say that because Britney herself technically also went public with that narrative. Now of course we long knew she was forced to go along and even made that heartbreaking video in 2019 to calm the rumors. How do you know Sam was supposed to know any different? Britney herself said she was too embarrassed to tell others what was going on. How do you know Sam even knew the real story until afterwards? How do you know Sam wasn't forced to toe the line? Basically how do you know anything about Sam. These Sam haters are pathetic. I get being cautious but I'm SICK AND TIRED of people disrespecting Britney's choices. Sick and tired of it. Go party with Jamie since that's what you guys have in common. Is the whole story with Sam weird in some places?Sure. But this guy has been with Britney for nearly five years so of course there are thousands of things that only him and Britney know. It's their relationship. We only know 1% of the story so OF COURSE things seem odd in some parts. Tbh I too find Sam's motivations suspect at times but Britney's relationship is none of my business and Sam AND BRITNEY don't owe us ANY explanation for how they chose to handle things at that scary time.

No, take your gaslighting BS and stick it up where you pulled it from.
First of all, if he knew her, he would know that she does not believe in therapy, HATES FACILITIES and has ptsd from them, and would never do that. He would also know that the team Con lies about her all them time and so immediately be worried and suspicious instead of going “oh right, how nice for her”. 

Nice try, “Britney’s choice”. By your logic, how do you know what Britney’s choice is? A lot of things in her life are not her choice but it is still her reality, like being sterilised. Would it be a good argument to go “How dare you imply she wants to remove her IUD, it is her choice as a woman, how dare you imply that she is not capable of making choices”. Or how the team Con deleted her phone book and replaced it with fake phone numbers. Should we say “That was Britney’s choice! She obviously thinks her old friends are toxic, how dare you deny her her right to cut off bad friends?!”

I am not getting bullied into not questioning why Sam has done or not done anything, like pretending she was voluntary in a facility. No ******* way. I’m on team FREE BRITNEY, not “enable Sam Asghari and bully and gaslight anyone that even QUESTIONS him”. 
Superdupermaxi and his fans really try to make Free Britney into Sam Asghari’s free PR-team but I am not buying that as long as Britney can’t speak for herself in public and is not legally a citizen allowed to control her own life. 

go **** yourself middle finger GIF by IFC