Britney Spears files court docs asking that her father Jamie be removed as conservator

39 minutes ago, CJMCH said:

Removing Jamie is the tricky part. After putting Jody there, it's easier to call the shots and finally remove herself of the cship, this is HUGE guys! 

I completely agree. Remember none of us know truly how Britney’s feeling but her. And she’s so clever. She knows what she’s doing. We need to trust her with this

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Lauramiller2702 said:

I don’t understand why she wants to keep the conservatorship. Surely if she is being suppressed and basically held captive then she would file to terminate it and make plans with people she trusts to help her get her life back, not just change the people in control?!

That is not what it says. In fact, we are not able to hear from Britney directly because this sketchy lawyer is doing all the speaking for her, but even that sketchy lawyer knows the jig is up and he has to start actually voicing what she wants.  They are starting little by little, and with this they are asking that she be able to appoint her own lawyer to contest this. 

This is AMAZING news and confirms what we already know: Britney wants out of this, and thanks to this fan-led movement we are getting her closer to that.  It is still a process that needs to go through steps and will not be instant, but at least it is starting!  Loucifer better just leave before she makes it worse for herself.  She needs to pull an Andrew Wallet..

• Love 1
  • Like 7

“BRITNEY herself has expressed to me a desire that we associate an attorney or law firm with substantial expertise in handling contested litigation in a highly complex case such as this one through trial."

im not sure if I understand this right. Does it state that they are planning on having a trial about the conservatorship? Like they do in the movies with a jury? That’s what I am imagining. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, timito said:

“BRITNEY herself has expressed to me a desire that we associate an attorney or law firm with substantial expertise in handling contested litigation in a highly complex case such as this one through trial."

im not sure if I understand this right. Does it state that they are planning on having a trial about the conservatorship? Like they do in the movies with a jury? That’s what I am imagining. 

That's what I understand too, but my legal skills are non-existent, plus English is not my first language so I might be wrong

• Love 1

I believe she’s being tactful with this step, the conservatorship can take 2 years to completely dissolve but with Jodi has sole conservator and the process of it being terminated she may as well be free anyway with J*mie completely out of the equation, guys be positive we have to she is trying 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Godney'sSweetCheeks said:

She should've stopped working in 2009 tbh. Without vast amounts of money coming in the c-ship ceases to be of interest to the vultures. 

The thing is, back then her kids were 3 and 4 years old. She said she was threatned with her kids. I bet Jamie made her work so she could see her kids. Maybe they even manipulated her thinking If she went on tour and showed the judge she was capable, she would get out of the cship in the following years and would have more time with her kids. Like she said, they probably used her kids a lot so they could have their way. Now they are 14 and 15 years old and she barely sees them now, I dont think Jamie can use that anymore, even more when he cant even be near them after he abused Preston last year. 

This is good! It could be a mistake to just try to apply for dissolution of the conservatorship at this point. Having her father removed as conservator as well as securing her finances first, and then having the conservatorship reviewed through trial might be the best course of action. I just hope dog-faced Loucifer will be nowhere near her money. I don't really trust Jodi though, considering her past.

• Love 3
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, MadameFreedom said:

I think first move is to remove Jamie and to hire a lawyer. Then to remove conservatorship as a whole. Remember the story Lawyers for Britney posted about other conservatorship case where first conservatorship changed into limited conservatorship and then it was removed as a whole? 

I think they are taking baby steps into to file to terminate. 

I really hope this is the case and this isn't just a matter of replacing Jamie with some random. This is all super confusing tbh.

1 minute ago, Thecodeman25 said:

Honestly sounds like she is making steps to end the conservatorship eventually but was probably advised that they remove Jamie first and she can rearrange the conservatorship and not have to work to fill their bank accounts in the time being before she petitions to dissolve 

This is the impression I got and I’m hopeful that this is a step in the right direction but it’s just the start of many more things to achieve.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, chizwhiz said:

Just a hunch here, but what if Jamie wants to be retired, he is almost 70 and not in great shape. Has anyone actually thought this. 

Well he would have simply retired then. This will drag him through the mud I'm sure and the court documents say he's gonna fight it aggressively. Something tells me he's gonna be painted as the villain and things will continue as normal. 

12 minutes ago, THE BAJAN VIBE said:

So... I was getting my hopes up. But, now I realized. It's just a try to get Jamie out, and 'make the fans happy' with the situation to keep going with the conservatorship without all the Free Britney movement against them. Isn't it?

This is what I think personally. It's sad but it will probably work. I feel like they tried this tactic last year when they first made Jodi the conservator and it didn't work so they're now taking extreme measures. 

• Love 1

I know there is some high expectation regarding this, but everyone needs to keep in mind that (if what’s published is actually true) it leads into some great changes in the long run for Britney, which is great.

Personally I feel it works best for her situation taking baby steps towards controlling her life. Many may not remember, but she did try to run things on her own back in 06/07 (she fired her management, pushed her family away, etc etc) and it definitely backfired BIG time for her. It was one of the major reasons she lost control over things in the end.

She has admitted learning from theses mistakes herself. She’s definitely not gonna kick the door right open this time. 

And while what Bryan has said about her is definitely belittling and nerve wrecking, it may not be completely false... she has been inside this bubble for so long that she might be completely out of touch from reality now and easily manipulated.

Best for her to (re)learn living as a full grown-up while regaining her freedom, supported and guided (either in personal, financial, emotional or health matters) by capacitated professionals. Removing her father from the mix will work wonders for her situation, for it definitely removes some deep personal attachment to the status quo.

She will forever carry the Britney Brand on her shoulders.. we need to be rational  and not wish for the whole weight to fall on her once again and all at once. It will not work well. Let her start making her own choices, learning from them and growing, as it should’ve happened ever since this whole circus started in the first place.

• Like 4