Britney Spears files court docs asking that her father Jamie be removed as conservator

33 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

In a shocking revelation, the document reveals Britney may be considering filing to TERMINATE the conservatorship as a whole, but has not done so at this point.

also TMZ confirmed that Britney is refusing to work.

where does it say this??

Just now, Jordan Miller said:

Yes, this is the impression I'm under. It's a move to replace Jamie with Jodi. Not to get Britney out of it entirely. I think the lawyersforbritney post is a bit misleading. 

I think first move is to remove Jamie and to hire a lawyer. Then to remove conservatorship as a whole. Remember the story Lawyers for Britney posted about other conservatorship case where first conservatorship changed into limited conservatorship and then it was removed as a whole? 

I think they are taking baby steps into to file to terminate. 

• Love 3
  • Like 4
12 minutes ago, godneyjspears said:

https://theblast.com/139986/britney-spears-i-do-not-want-my-father-to-continue-as-my-conserv

It seems Samuel inghams actually trying to get the conservatorship changed not removed completely he says Britney has never filed to terminate (but has been considering it) but would much prefer Jodi to remain conservator of her person and a professional corporation (e.g. a bank) to become conservator of her estate.

Interesting that he points out that Britney herself has directly made these decisions with him and also that he expects Jamie to fight these changes strongly 

I don't understand why Jamie would want to fight these changes so much if he was purely working in Britney's best interests it seems clear hes scared to lose his salary from the conservatorship. Surely most father's would be happy for their daughter to choose a conservator that makes them happy and to have their money controlled by a proper corporation 

To make his point, Britney's lawyer described the unique specifics of the pop star's conservatorship over the years, breaking it down into three 'distinct phases.'

"The first phase can be described broadly as "triage": her conservators rescued her from a collapse, exploitation by predatory individuals and financial ruin," he says.

He continued, "The second phase covered BRITNEY' s performing years: with the aid of a personal manager, a business manager, and many other individuals, BRITNEY was able to regain her position as a world-class entertainer with multiple world tours, a television series and a residency in Las Vegas. The Las Vegas residency ended December 31, 2017, and her last live tour performance occurred on October 21, 2018."

Lastly, Britney's lawyer says the third phase involves her "desire not to perform" at this point in her life, and the change that is needed in her conservatorship.

"The third phase of the conservatorship reflects BRITNEY'S stated desire not to perform at this time We are now at a point where the conservatorship must be changed substantially in order to reflect the major changes in her current lifestyle and her stated wishes."

In the end, Britney's lawyer is asking the court to implement the changes to her conservatorship, which he believes is also in her best interest.

"Based on the foregoing, I respectfully recommend that this court seek input from all parties and make appropriate orders to facilitate the implementation of my client's wishes as stated above, which I also believe to be in her best interests," he states.

4 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Yes, this is the impression I'm under. It's a move to replace Jamie with Jodi. Not to get Britney out of it entirely. I think the lawyersforbritney post is a bit misleading. 

Fact that Sam Ingham is asking to hire another lawyer /law firm seems like a Britney preparation to end conservatorship. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lauramiller2702 said:

I don’t understand why she wants to keep the conservatorship. Surely if she is being suppressed and basically held captive then she would file to terminate it and make plans with people she trusts to help her get her life back, not just change the people in control?!

You guys maybe she does have something, have we ever thought about that?

• Like 1

08/17/2020 Report - Court Appointed Counsel
Filed by Attorney

08/17/2020 Remote Appearance - Scheduled
Filed by Nominee

08/11/2020 LACourtConnect-Fees Paid V
Filed by Petitioner

08/11/2020 LACourtConnect-Fees Paid A
Filed by Subject

Filed by Petitioner

Filed by Court

1 minute ago, Alottawarmheart12 said:

You guys maybe she does have something, have we ever thought about that?

still there are many other types of conservatorships not as extreme as the one she was placed under, which don't strip her off of her basic rights.

She may have all the mental conditions you can name, but if something is very obvious is that she IS capable of taking decisions to some extent, and that right should've been respected since the beginning, like for example, being able to choose who would be her conservator or which lawyer to hire to represent her.

I hope the judge really evaluates this time what's best for her based on the results of the evaluation. Too bad the people involved in the conservatorship until now will probably never pay for their crime

• Like 1