Britney Spears files court docs asking that her father Jamie be removed as conservator

• Leader
7 minutes ago, Slayer said:

can you change the title to say She's contesting the Conservatorship please? it appears people are missing that part :yasqueen:

Hmmm that's not entirely accurate though. She's asking her dad not be a conservator. She hasn't formally filed anything to contest the conservatorship yet. She "may be considering filing to terminate the conservatorship entirely" but hasn't done so yet. 

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, Toxic.Latin said:

SORRY GUYS ... THIS IS GOOD NEWS RIGHT?????

so-so

definitely better than nothing, but they're still not filing for the conservatorship to end, just to remove Jamie.

And the fact that she's saying she doesn't want to perform at the moment, thus she's not having the same income, should trigger a big change in the terms of the conservatorship, I hope in the amount of money all the people involved are getting.

In theory we should "trust the system" as Lance said ( :tiffeyeroll: ) and expect to have expert people to take control of Britney's assets. However let's not forget these people, Jodi Montgomery, Sam Ingham live off these conservatorships. They'll do whatever they can to prevent it from coming to an end.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Hmmm that's not entirely accurate though. She's asking her dad not be a conservator. She hasn't formally filed anything to contest the conservatorship yet. She "may be considering filing to terminate the conservatorship entirely" but hasn't done so yet. 

She would never have her name officially associated on legal documents especially right now, she’s doing her dirty work behind the scenes and thought for years nobody would notice.

3 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

and this is why the conservatorship has been so useless all these years. Instead of coaching her to slowly (or as quickly as possible should I say) learn how to manage her assets, and her own health issues, instead of teaching her how to take control of her life to eventually let her be by herself, which should be the purpose of the "help" she desperately needed, they've only treated her like a child, they've basically stolen 12 years of her adulthood, 12 years of experience she may have acquired like any other person to know how to cope with life. They've taken her to a point where she's probably worse (in terms of knowledge about all these things) than she was during the few years of free adulthood she had before the conservatorship.

OMG you know what i said exactly that on here 2-3 months ago! ive always said i completely agreed with the cship when it was first put in place in 2007/2008, she was obviously not well and not in the right frame of mind. and tbh even in 2011 during the femme fatale era there was obviously something wrong just by watching the interview she did. she looked like she wasnt in the room a lot of  the time and tbh im surprised she did a tour for femme fatale. But from 2013 on and certainly the interviews she did for Glory in 2016, she seemed to be well, back in the room and like the old Britney, really engaged and giving proper answers to questions not just one or two words answers. and i saw her live in 2018 and she seemed well and spoke to the crowd [it was so funny when she brought a gfuy up on stage for Freakshow and asked his name and he said 'Ewan' and she through he said Urine haha]. and she now has custody of her kids [50/50 until the guy whose funnily enough was in charge of her cship because shes 'mentally unstable' attacked her son in rage]. So i dont see what else she needs to do to prove shes now ok  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, britneyausfan said:

"Without in any way waiving her right to seek termination of this conservatorship in the future, BRITNEY would like Ms. MONTGOMERY's appointment as conservator of her person to be made permanent," Ingham wrote.

This is power moves. This is key!! Getting Jamie Spears out is step 1 to getting her freedom. :livinggg:

In the docs it is mentioned at least twice AND underlined that this filing does not mean she is waiving her right to seek termination in the future. For me, this is pretty much saying that she does plan on contesting it in the NEAR future!!! :duh:

GO BRITNEY! :badgirl:

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

so-so

definitely better than nothing, but they're still not filing for the conservatorship to end, just to remove Jamie.

And the fact that she's saying she doesn't want to perform at the moment, thus she's not having the same income, should trigger a big change in the terms of the conservatorship, I hope in the amount of money all the people involved are getting.

In theory we should "trust the system" as Lance said ( :tiffeyeroll: ) and expect to have expert people to take control of Britney's assets. However let's not forget these people, Jodi Montgomery, Sam Ingham live off these conservatorships. They'll do whatever they can to prevent it from coming to an end.

They may live off these conservatorships but it's worth bearing in mind that none have been as high profile as Britney's, for obvious reasons, and hopefully that starts to play in Britney's favour. 

The free Britney movement definitely had an impact on this and I believe this is why Ingham is finally (hopefully) working for Britney’s best interests. 

Either way it's still going to be a long process but I think it could be a step in the right direction getting Jamie out of the picture, and then Tri Star away from her finances.   

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Pinky98 said:

I don’t think you guys are understanding this properly... In order to SUCCEED in terminating the conservatorship, she needs to get rid of her verbally and mentally abusive and restrictive father. If she were to petition it now, he would ‘Aggresively’ fight the termination, the court would be on his side, and he would remain. 

But this is what i completely dont understand, why the hell would a court allow a man whose verbally and mentally abusive be in charge of the finances of someone whose meant to be so called mentally incapable of not being able to look after herself or her money. that seems  so ****ed up and makes no sense whatsoever

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

Conservatorships are not meant to rehabilitate people. They are meant for caring for the gravely ill. Even at her lowest point was Britney really gravely ill? Conservatorships are not meant to protect from toxic individuals. Her situation is entirely inappropriate. Even if she is okay with it (let’s play devils advocate), the situation is NOT appropriate. I don’t know how it has any legal standing. It’s absolutely insane.

but I guess this is a good start? Baby steps.

that is the whole point. People are not meant to be released of this type of conservatorship, because usually the only people that should qualify for them are people of very old age, or which mental disabilities just won't let them live much longer (dementia is a very deteriorating disease, and many patients don't get to live more than 10 years after the diagnosis) or if they do (like a young person with serious mental issues), they won't be even aware of the situation they live in to try to fight it.

even the type of conservatorship that is targeted at mental illnesses, is supposed to last just 1 year, after which they have to make an evaluation of the progress of the patient. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, MM0219 said:

They may live off these conservatorships but it's worth bearing in mind that none have been as high profile as Britney's, for obvious reasons, and hopefully that starts to play in Britney's favour. 

The free Britney movement definitely had an impact on this and I believe this is why Ingham is finally (hopefully) working for Britney’s best interests. 

Either way it's still going to be a long process but I think it could be a step in the right direction getting Jamie out of the picture, and then Tri Star away from her finances.   

the only hope for them to receive a punishment would be if whoever gets in charge of her estate discovers any inconsistencies or wrong movements they've done with her money and the companies she owned.