Britney Spears files court docs asking that her father Jamie be removed as conservator

14 minutes ago, NewDisplayName said:

It’s not a good news tbh.. 

they don’t have to get away with that..

they are trying to keep c-ship without James cause everybody is talking about him - he is kind of a bad persons on this situation and removing him likely will shut up people 

No one's said that Britney would stop there. Only time will tell but surely it's a step forward, in my opinion. Plus, it's specifically mentioned that the current action is filed the day before the hearing so it can get publicity and transparency. Let's wait and see what happens. Fingers crossed for the best outcome for Britney the person. :wontcry:

• Like 5

I have mixed feelings but it was pretty obvious it's not going to end quick. Things that last for years don't end fast, it always echoes in a way. I'm glad there's progress anyway. 

And last of all, we can't judge Britney. Actually she's never spoken about this situation, she's been a marionette for last 12 years... I think it's better for her to make small steps, especially when there's a ****load of money involved. Go Britney! ❤️❤️❤️

• Love 5
  • Like 4
47 minutes ago, PZHSB said:

They’re taking the steps in eliminating it. This was never going to be an overnight thing. The doctors might not feel she’s ready to be on her own yet, and that’s fine. In keeping Jodi, Britney is showing she’s of sound mind and competent enough to make life decisions on her own. From here so can be given more freedom and in the next progress report show she’s doing just fine without Jamie.  This is the best news we have had in over a decade. 

THIS! is 100 percent correct and what is taking place!! slowly but surely.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Nickey said:

I have mixed feelings but it was pretty obvious it's not going to end quick. Things that last for years don't end fast, it always echoes in a way. I'm glad there's progress anyway. 

And last of all, we can't judge Britney. Actually she's never spoken about this situation, she's been a marionette for last 12 years... I think it's better for her to make small steps, especially when there's a ****load of money involved. Go Britney! ❤️❤️❤️

Love you Britney! Steady focus, and strong steps!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, EasyThere said:

No.

Gram girls explained it quite nicely.

Its baby steps towards removing cship. Per court doc Jamie doesn't want to end it whatsoever 

2 hours ago, PZHSB said:

They’re taking the steps in eliminating it. This was never going to be an overnight thing. The doctors might not feel she’s ready to be on her own yet, and that’s fine. In keeping Jodi, Britney is showing she’s of sound mind and competent enough to make life decisions on her own. From here so can be given more freedom and in the next progress report show she’s doing just fine without Jamie.  This is the best news we have had in over a decade. 

2 hours ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

No one's said that Britney would stop there. Only time will tell but surely it's a step forward, in my opinion. Plus, it's specifically mentioned that the current action is filed the day before the hearing so it can get publicity and transparency. Let's wait and see what happens. Fingers crossed for the best outcome for Britney the person. :wontcry:

Hope it is true. But court should decide - Britney needs c-ship or not.. 

if she still needs it - I don’t see much point of changing guy who will dictate Britney what to do.. 

and the fact that many of us already thinks that c-ship with the other guy is ok concerns me tbh

I still don’t trust her mother. Let’s not forget she said this too

'I admire Jamie for making the effort and trying to do it well,' says Lynne. 'We decided he should be the one to do it, because he's the stronger figure. Mums always give in to their kids because we're softies, and what Britney needed at the time was the stronger person.' 

But Jamie, too, has had his problems. He has battled with an addiction to alcohol, though he has now been sober for five years. 'We all had reservations at first,' admits Lynne, 'and we all worried that the stresses of such a major undertaking would affect them both. But Jamie's really doing well with Britney, and I must give him credit for that.' 

By all accounts, Mr Spears is no slouch on the disciplining front, apparently drawing up a list of rules with which his 27-year-old daughter must comply, including no emailing or driving. And no exceeding the £750 a month allowance he gives her. 'She was spending a lot of money, so that would make sense,' says Lynne.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, NewDisplayName said:

Hope it is true. But court should decide - Britney needs c-ship or not.. 

if she still needs it - I don’t see much point of changing guy who will dictate Britney what to do.. 

and the fact that many of us already thinks that c-ship with the other guy is ok concerns me tbh

Of course, it all comes down to the court's decision. One could wonder how righteous that decision will be but I hope for the best.

Even if she still needs it, as you say, judging from the court filings on her behalf, we can see that there's something rotten with having her father as her conservator, i.e. Britney isn't happy about it. If everything was alright, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now, let alone the court hearings. And it actually does make a difference putting Jodie Montgomery as her conservator( it's a she btw). Why? She's been appointed by the COURT, is a professional and impartial to Britney, whereas her father is her biological father; he can't make fully rational decisions due to their family relations. It's not healthy for anyone solely from the point of view of mixing professional with personal relations. 

Lastly, I think you might have misinterpreted what people have been saying. No one is happy that Britney still remains in the conservatorship. No one is happy that Jodie will be her conservator. No one will become content with Britney's conservatorship even if the court decides to remove Jamie from the case. Why are people actually happy? Because it seems like it's a step forward to putting an end to all of this. No one's saying that Jamie's replacement with Jodie will calm people down. No. But it's a step to her freedom PROVIDED that Jodie remains a TEMPORARY conservator until Britney files for a termination of the conservatorship. At least that's what the court documents seem to be suggesting.

In other words, we're okay with Jodie being a temporary conservator of Britney as long as it's part of Britney's plan to  terminate the conservatorship in the end. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
13 minutes ago, EasyThere said:

After all these years it ain't gonna be that easy. You should know that by now. And you should know how complicated it is.

I know what you mean and know it’s complicated and I said that hope that I are right but after all of the years the main question should sound like “does britney still needs c-ship?” , “is she better now?”, “should c-ship status change?”, “does c-ship helped her?”, “is britney reliable for some action to do of her own?” Etc.. the topic that would show the real step even a “baby step”..

but in this case the main topic is that “Britney NEEDS c-ship, nothing changed, her condition is still the same and court  Does NOT consider to return her any right at all -like forever”

So I don’t have much hope.. sorry for frustrating but #freebritney movement should continue and the fact that James won’t be in charge shouldn’t slow it down 🤷‍♂️

This could be good news, and a baby step in a different direction. None of us know if its the right direction yet...

The BIGGEST problem is that the family still believes that by completely stripping Britney's freedom and basic rights, that they eliminated all chances of another breakdown. They really feel like they are protecting Britney and her assets. The impression I got from the brother's recent interview is that they believe that she would not be able to function without this system that THEY built around her.  

What they still don't realize is that they turned her into a zombie. Someone in Britney's circumstances should have been treated appropriately (triaged...) but also EMPOWERED and guided and counseled so that she can make better choices, while still maintaining her stability and family and rights. Instead, they basically jailed her inside her own body and puppeteered her for more financial gain. 

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

Of course, it all comes down to the court's decision. One could wonder how righteous that decision will be but I hope for the best.

Even if she still needs it, as you say, judging from the court filings on her behalf, we can see that there's something rotten with having her father as her conservator, i.e. Britney isn't happy about it. If everything was alright, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now, let alone the court hearings. And it actually does make a difference putting Jodie Montgomery as her conservator( it's a she btw). Why? She's been appointed by the COURT, is a professional and impartial to Britney, whereas her father is her biological father; he can't make fully rational decisions due to their family relations. It's not healthy for anyone solely from the point of view of mixing professional with personal relations. 

Lastly, I think you might have misinterpreted what people have been saying. No one is happy that Britney still remains in the conservatorship. No one is happy that Jodie will be her conservator. No one will become content with Britney's conservatorship even if the court decides to remove Jamie from the case. Why are people actually happy? Because it seems like it's a step forward to putting an end to all of this. No one's saying that Jamie's replacement with Jodie will calm people down. No. But it's a step to her freedom PROVIDED that Jodie remains a TEMPORARY conservator until Britney files for a termination of the conservatorship. At least that's what the court documents seem to be suggesting.

In other words, we're okay with Jodie being a temporary conservator of Britney as long as it's part of Britney's plan to  terminate the conservatorship in the end. 

Yes! - I don’t want people to calm down as you said.. and I’m glad that you won’t 

plus we don’t know it’s a Britney plan or Lous plan 🤔😅

• Like 1
1 minute ago, NewDisplayName said:

Yes! - I don’t want people to calm down as you said.. and I’m glad that you won’t 

plus we don’t know it’s a Britney plan or Lous plan 🤔😅

How is Lou going to have an influence on Britney when her link to Britney is Jamie, her father? Other than that, it seems like they have a professional relationship. Can't see her interfering with Britney's life after Jamie is out unless Britney wants so. Again, hoping for the best. Also, this feels like Britney putting her foot down on what she wants on a legal level. She's never been more vocal on paper. Let's see where that goes. :heresthetea:

• Like 1

I am so confused by that. I totally agree with people saying it is a good thing, but I also agree with people saying this is not good. I watched t the show “dirty money”  Ep “Guardianship” and one of the cases the family as taken out of the cship and the conservators could do anything, they took the conservatee to a facility and not even told the family where the conservatee was taken.

I am trying to stay positive and I want to think this is a good move and one step towards her freedom.

• Like 3