The New York Times: Britney has tried to end conservatorship for years & feels like she was forced into performing and into a mental facility against her own will

• Super Mods

This whole article is really damning but gives us insight to information that we haven’t had. I’m glad Samantha Stark and Liz Day are continuing their investigations/writing about the conservatorship. I feel like they’ll have more…

This quote really interested me though:

“After consulting with Ms. Spears, her conservators and her doctors, the probate investigator concluded in 2016 that the conservatorship remained in Ms. Spears’s best interests based on her complex finances, susceptibility to undue influence and “intermittent” **** issues, though the report called for “a pathway to independence and the eventual termination of the conservatorship.”

The investigator advocates for the eventual ending of the conservatorship, but doesn’t call for it now due to her finances and issues with ***** and undue influence. Which makes me think of two points:

1. It makes sense that the wealth management firm was appointed co-conservator for her finances. Maybe that will help provide information for the court or Ingham so that Britney’s finances could be understood better, and thus be managed in an arrangement different from the conservatorship.
  2. I really wonder who the undue influences are? :mhmsureny_hmm_thinking_ponder_unsure_what_Tiffany_pollard_ny_New_York_miss_ms_sure: We have the perception that Britney’s social connections are pretty limited, so what undue influences are still out there? And we all kinda knew that she may have struggled with substances, but the fact it’s still an issue/consideration even with the conservatorship in place…

The article sheds new light and creates more questions.

• Like 7

This makes me think maybe Britney is really the happiest she's ever been in a long time. This article first shows her wanting to end the conservatorship and retire in 2014. Right now, she's finally getting to stand up to years of injustice, she sort of has retired at least temporarily, and she's gaining the world's support against her injustice in the meantime.

WOW!!! They really went all out with this article and I can’t believe they got the court investigators report. Dropping this when they did is also incredible, great work NYT!!!

This article both angers and saddens me, they just ignoring her and I wanna beat that judge goetz with a bat, lol. I pray to god she drops a bomb on them tomorrow!!!

She also claimed she had been forced to perform while sick with a 104-degree fever, calling it one of the scariest moments of her life.

This makes me want to cry. This is so ****ed up. That is seriously so dangerous.

And they have the audacity to spend her money on a PR campaign telling the world they're looking out for her best interests.

• Like 2

Basically the judges don’t want her out of the conservatorship and the California “Justice” System is corrupt and has failed her in every way possible. It’s actually terrifying to think that your life isn’t your own and one slip up could cost you to live like a slave for the rest of your life. 

Jamie is the epitome of evil. Jamie and every single person who forced her on stage should be held accountable for this and serve life imprisonment. What they’ve done is morally and legally corrupt. They’ve robbed her and pawned on her on stage for money. They’ve taken so much of her life away from her and stolen her from her children. 

How the hell are the judges not being investigated for this? Why is she having to fight so hard to get out of this 13 years later? It’s awful. 

• Like 2
  • Super Mods
2 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

This makes me think maybe Britney is really the happiest she's ever been in a long time. This article first shows her wanting to end the conservatorship and retire in 2014. Right now, she's finally getting to stand up to years of injustice, she sort of has retired at least temporarily, and she's gaining the world's support against her injustice in the meantime.

Selfishly, I’m glad she held out long enough to give us Glory :messbye_britney_pink_leave_walking_running_bye_goodbye_away: But ultimately yes, it seems that she’s wanted to retire/live as close to a normal life as someone like herself could. She alluded to it in one of her recent Instagram videos, so hopefully she is enjoying her time away as much as she can. She’ll obviously feel more free once this conservatorship situation is sorted out…