The New York Times: Britney has tried to end conservatorship for years & feels like she was forced into performing and into a mental facility against her own will

At a public court hearing in November, Ms. Spears’s mother moved to support the removal of Mr. Spears as conservator. Through a lawyer, she called the father-daughter relationship “toxic” and said it was “time to start fresh,” adding that Mr. Spears had referred to his daughter as “a racehorse who has to be handled like one.”

What a disgusting way to talk about your daughter

• Like 6

We knew she wanted to break free from the conservatorship but now we have the proof que needed and by the New York Times which is a respectable source. I'm sure this is going to blow up just in time for the hearing tomorrow. 

Also could this mean this investigation will be included in Framing Britney part 2. It seems like the got a lot of information on the conservatorship.

• Like 2
Just now, warioaddams said:

We knew she wanted to break free from the conservatorship but now we have the proof que needed and by the New York Times which is a respectable source. I'm sure this is going to blow up just in time for the hearing tomorrow. 

Also could this mean this investigation will be included in Framing Britney part 2. It seems like the got a lot of information on the conservatorship.

More:

In 2014, Mr. Ingham told the court that Ms. Spears believed her father was drinking, according to a transcript of the closed hearing. Lawyers representing the conservatorship responded that Mr. Spears had voluntarily submitted to regularly scheduled alcohol tests and never failed. Mr. Spears’s lawyer said he took one random test, but refused to take any more, calling the request inappropriate.

“Absolutely inappropriate,” the judge replied. “And who is she to be demanding that of anybody?”

Mr. Ingham told the court that his client was upset that it was not taking her concerns seriously. “She said to me, when she gave me this shopping list, that she anticipates that, as it has been done before, the court will simply sweep it under the carpet and ignore any negative inferences with regard to Mr. Spears,” Mr. Ingham said, according to a transcript.

Mr. Ingham also raised Ms. Spears’s urgent desire to terminate the conservatorship altogether. She had even mentioned the possibility of changing her lifestyle and retiring, but believed the conservatorship precluded that, he said, according to a transcript.

In response to Ms. Spears’s request to end the arrangement, the judge said that if she established a healthy relationship with a therapist and returned one year’s worth of clean **** tests, she would take the matter under consideration. But she would not guarantee it.

Those gathered, including the judge and lawyers on both sides, raised the possibility that Ms. Spears’s boyfriend was provoking her discontent.

In 2016, Ms. Spears released her ninth studio album and performed more than 50 times in Las Vegas. But in private, she was again protesting the conservatorship, according to a report written by a probate investigator. (In California conservatorships, a court investigator is tasked with conducting periodic reviews for the judge.)

Ms. Spears told the investigator that she was “very angry” about the way her life was being run, and described security around her at all times. She was also being tested for ***** numerous times weekly, and her credit card was held by her security team or assistant and used at their discretion, the report said.

Ms. Spears wanted to make cosmetic changes to her home, like restaining her kitchen cabinets, she told the investigator, but was forbidden by her father, who told her too much money was being spent.

The public image of Ms. Spears’s life gave little sense of the turmoil she was expressing privately. An Instagram feed presented her as playfully approachable, and a new, lucrative Las Vegas show was set to begin in February 2019.

Then, a month before the opening, Ms. Spears announced an “indefinite work hiatus,” canceling the residency. Mr. Spears had “almost died” after suffering a ruptured colon, according to a statement, which noted the pair’s “very special relationship.”

That spring, Ms. Spears appeared at a closed-door hearing and read a statement. According to a transcript, she asserted that she had been forced into a mental health facility against her will on exaggerated grounds, which she viewed as punishment for standing up for herself and making an objection during a rehearsal.

She also claimed she had been forced to perform while sick with a 104-degree fever, calling it one of the scariest moments of her life.

Ms. Spears ran down a list of her recent accomplishments, including tours and album releases. She told those present there was nothing wrong with her.

A transcript of the hearing was mistakenly unsealed, and portions were first reported by TMZ.

Then, a month before the opening, Ms. Spears announced an “indefinite work hiatus,” canceling the residency. Mr. Spears had “almost died” after suffering a ruptured colon, according to a statement, which noted the pair’s “very special relationship.”

That spring, Ms. Spears appeared at a closed-door hearing and read a statement. According to a transcript, she asserted that she had been forced into a mental health facility against her will on exaggerated grounds, which she viewed as punishment for standing up for herself and making an objection during a rehearsal.

She also claimed she had been forced to perform while sick with a 104-degree fever, calling it one of the scariest moments of her life.

Ms. Spears ran down a list of her recent accomplishments, including tours and album releases. She told those present there was nothing wrong with her.

A transcript of the hearing was mistakenly unsealed, and portions were first reported by TMZ.

• Like 1

Ugh this is infuriating and also makes everything tie together in 2016 she was finally starting to look like herself again she was at her best. It makes sense that she had the confidence to fight it then after it went down hill again. This must of been around the time she was wearing the you don't own me shirts on POM. 

This has to end. If anyone had any doubts that we weren't doing what she wanted this should kill that doubt. Good for NYT for releasing this the day before it need to be seen.

This has given me chills. 

Forced to perform when ill? Check. 

Punished when speaking up during rehearsals and speaking her mind as any artist should be able to do so freely? Check. 

Security/assistants using her credit cards as they please? Check. 

Unable to paint her kitchen cabinets because according to "daddy" it would be too expensive? Check. 

Jamie relapsed yet still remains in control? Check.

Forced into rehabilitation against her will as rumoured? Check. 

******* awful. She truly is stronger than she is given credit for.

• Like 5

Holy **** this is infuriating:

In 2014, Mr. Ingham told the court that Ms. Spears believed her father was drinking, according to a transcript of the closed hearing. Lawyers representing the conservatorship responded that Mr. Spears had voluntarily submitted to regularly scheduled alcohol tests and never failed. Mr. Spears’s lawyer said he took one random test, but refused to take any more, calling the request inappropriate.

“Absolutely inappropriate,” the judge replied. “And who is she to be demanding that of anybody?”

It's inappropriate to ask to ask the court, whose literal job it is to enforce the law and protect people under the law, to review the behavior of your own conservator?

• Like 2
  • Super Mods
2 minutes ago, Busybee said:

Ugh this is infuriating and also makes everything tie together in 2016 she was finally starting to look like herself again she was at her best. It makes sense that she had the confidence to fight it then after it went down hill again. This must of been around the time she was wearing the you don't own me shirts on POM. 

It also makes sense that she merely mentioned the conservatorship while doing Glory promo in the UK. Remember how she mentioned it during her appearance on the Jonathan Ross Show (I think that’s the one…)?

Members of the audience recounted that she mentioned it but had been edited out in what actually aired.

She was obviously fighting behind the scenes for her rights… and tried giving the public a glimpse then.

Such an infuriating situation and makes me h*te Jamie even more! :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap: 

16 minutes ago, rennen said:

Thanks for posting the important bits @Slayer

The fact that she has expressed her feelings, and articulated them well by all accounts,  FOR YEARS makes me even more furious that she has been unable to get out of this prison sentence.

Truly heartbreaking. 

I've added even more, it's so sad to read :( 

2 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

It also makes sense that she merely mentioned the conservatorship while doing Glory promo in the UK. Remember how she mentioned it during her appearance on the Jonathan Ross Show (I think that’s the one…)?

Members of the audience recounted that she mentioned it but had been edited out in what actually aired.

She was obviously fighting behind the scenes for her rights… and tried giving the public a glimpse then.

Such an infuriating situation and makes me h*te Jamie even more! :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap: 

Exactly! Something shifted during that time and we could all see it. We just didn't know what it was at the time. I cant wait for this to all fall into place. We won't back down!