Britney Spears Choreographer Brian Friedman's Exhale AMA

1 minute ago, Roxxy said:

You're mexican? Why are all my faves Mexicans. Am I a mexican magnet. :imacat:

I love that we continue to have our own conversation while there is so much going on around us.  Like THE @BrianFriedman is doing an AMA and we are still taking about Overprotected.  Love.  :barbie:

And, no, I’m not Mexican.  I just love Santana from Glee and always think of that line.

santana lopez no GIF

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BrianFriedman said:

Great questions! 

I was called in to dance on the Grammy Awards in 1999 and never left LOL! The next time I danced for her was the Oops tour and then I began choreographing and the rest is history. 

The changes are generally due to the creative breakdown for each performance, the stage layout or the treatment. We rehearsed for the VMA's and video at the same time so we just picked sections to go into the video. 

She had ZERO difficulty learning Slave 4 U. One thing that we did as a choreography team was let Britney and each of the dancers shine and make the material their own. They were "artists behind the artist". That is why you see different takes on the choreography. Britney did it was a **** effortlessness while I am over her shoulder hitting hard. It's all about seasoning... we all taste different. there is no right or wrong, only preference. 

She could pull it off if she wanted to ;) I see her on IG... she's gettin it in with that fitness 

thanks so much for answering :o 

She had ZERO difficulty learning Slave 4 U.

:yesplease:

• Love 7
  • Like 1

Great questions! 

I was called in to dance on the Grammy Awards in 1999 and never left LOL! The next time I danced for her was the Oops tour and then I began choreographing and the rest is history. 

The changes are generally due to the creative breakdown for each performance, the stage layout or the treatment. We rehearsed for the VMA's and video at the same time so we just picked sections to go into the video. 

She had ZERO difficulty learning Slave 4 U. One thing that we did as a choreography team was let Britney and each of the dancers shine and make the material their own. They were "artists behind the artist". That is why you see different takes on the choreography. Britney did it was a **** effortlessness while I am over her shoulder hitting hard. It's all about seasoning... we all taste different. there is no right or wrong, only preference. 

She could pull it off if she wanted to ;) I see her on IG... she's gettin it in with that fitness 

I always say this, I feel like Britney lost her seasoning if you will these last couples years. She is not suppose to look like her backup dancers, but she’s supposed have her own flair to the choreography & to me she lost that over time 

2 minutes ago, BrianFriedman said:

Our story is long and personal. I stepped away from Britney for a moment during the Blackout era for reasons that her and I only need to know. We reconnected for the Femme Fatale era and due to death threats from fans, constant hate messages and a loss of love for the music industry in general I decided to walk away from the Femme Fatale tour. It was a difficult decision to make but my sanity and happiness were more important. Fans loved to ridicule me for comments I made in an MTV interview and then blame me whenever they didn't like a Britney performance which is ridiculous to me. Luckily Britney and I were able to reconnect on X factor US. Who knows if we will ever work together again. That is up to Brit... we would need to sit down and talk and make sure we're on the same page though. 

Wow, this truly speaks volumes about the Britney fan base. 

• Love 1
  • Like 4
  • Content Curators
2 minutes ago, BrianFriedman said:

We reconnected for the Femme Fatale era and due to death threats from fans, constant hate messages and a loss of love for the music industry in general I decided to walk away from the Femme Fatale tour. It was a difficult decision to make but my sanity and happiness were more important. 

oh my

some brit fans are actually crazy

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, BrianFriedman said:

Not sure which comeback you're talking about but for me during Femme Fatale era she had some moments that were better in rehearsal for sure. I don't know why that is but I can definitely say that she was much more nervous that I had ever seen in the past. Britney back in the day was fearless but during Femme Fatale she definitely was more hesitant. I don't know what caused it... only she can answer.

I Think Piece of Me 3.0 (2016-2018) and domination