Britney Spears Choreographer Brian Friedman's Exhale AMA

4 minutes ago, BrianFriedman said:

Not sure which comeback you're talking about but for me during Femme Fatale era she had some moments that were better in rehearsal for sure. I don't know why that is but I can definitely say that she was much more nervous that I had ever seen in the past. Britney back in the day was fearless but during Femme Fatale she definitely was more hesitant. I don't know what caused it... only she can answer.

I really LOVE this answer as well because fans could really see a difference in her performances and we never get validation that what we’re seeing with our eyes is real! 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, BrianFriedman said:

The request from management, Britney and entire team was to GO BIG! The song was super aggressive and rigid and the video treatment was already created. Due to that I went super edgy on the hard hitting moments of the song and created some gestural etherial moments on the more melodic breaks. I loved what I came up with regardless of what fans think. The dancers on the tour still to date say it is the hardest thing they have ever done. Britney was able to change any choreography at any given time during our working history together which she did during HIAM. What we ended up with was choreography that we were both happy with. She was not forced to do choreography that she didn't like contrary to speculation. 

Yes I would work with Brit again if it was right for both of us. 

Thank you so much for your kind words xx

I love the HIAM choreography! The last chorus is fire.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

So why do you think the current state of her dancing is the way it is ???  It’s like night & day with her :tiffanycries:

I feel like if she put more effort and cared more she would get better, but you can't force a passion that just isn't there.

1 minute ago, BrianFriedman said:

Unless Brit is answering the question it's all speculation and opinion. One thing I can say loud and clear is that in my 20 years of history with Britney I have never sold out and spoken about her personal life. I have been there through every single thing you can imagine with her but it's not my place to say. We may not be in contact now but we once were close friends and I would never betray a friends trust and talk publicly about their personal life. What I can say is that I treasure all of the versions we see of Britney. 

politics sigh GIF
♥️♥️

• Love 7
  • Like 2

I feel like I’m late to the party omg but do you have any behind the scenes footage of her on the set of music videos, such as Slave, Overprotected, HIAM, etc. and would you be willing to share? ;) 
Also, were the early 2000s as magical as they seemed? :kyliecry:
And last, could you upload more rehearsal clips? :fakecry: Thank u omg

• Like 1