Britney Spears Choreographer Brian Friedman's Exhale AMA

27 minutes ago, BrianFriedman said:

The changes are generally due to the creative breakdown for each performance, the stage layout or the treatment. We rehearsed for the VMA's and video at the same time so we just picked sections to go into the video. 

She had ZERO difficulty learning Slave 4 U. One thing that we did as a choreography team was let Britney and each of the dancers shine and make the material their own. They were "artists behind the artist". That is why you see different takes on the choreography. Britney did it was a **** effortlessness while I am over her shoulder hitting hard. It's all about seasoning... we all taste different. there is no right or wrong, only preference. 

She could pull it off if she wanted to ;) I see her on IG... she's gettin it in with that fitness 

this sounds so true that dancing for Britney is personal. she made it her own on POM. i don't see POM dancing as bad dancing, but different dancing, different style...

• Content Curators
1 minute ago, BrianFriedman said:

I was not involved on the Femme Fatale tour. I only did the promo tour. Not sure who was in charge of teaching my choreography once I wasn't working with Brit anymore but it definitely has changed over time.

drag those piece of me twink flop choreographers 

• Haha 3
Just now, JackSProductions said:

Hi Brian! Sorry I’m late but I hope you’ll get round to answering my question! 

Would you ever release the full Oops VMA 2000 rehearsal video as shown on your YouTube channel?? And would you ever release the full remix? Us fans have been dying for it for YEARS :( 

THIS OMFGG

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, BrianFriedman said:

I was working with Britney on the Blackout album before stepping away and I absolutely love what I created for Gimme More. That song was an immediate obsession for me when she first played it and I am sad the world couldn't see what we created. I never videoed anything from rehearsals since it was just workshopping movement at that stage. 

Holy mother, what could have been!!!!??!  I'm upset 😂😂:omgreallyney:

Just now, BritneySpurs said:

"Musicccccc. Makes the peoppppleeee. Come togetherrrrrrrrr."

"It's dirty..."

I'm kind of like the leader of our band, ya know. The only one with real talent. I play the bass... since kindergarten. My mother taught me. And then she incorporated the whistle. So i play the whistle and the bass. :barbie:

• Haha 3
3 minutes ago, JackSProductions said:

Hi Brian! Sorry I’m late but I hope you’ll get round to answering my question! 

Would you ever release the full Oops VMA 2000 rehearsal video as shown on your YouTube channel?? And would you ever release the full remix? Us fans have been dying for it for YEARS :( 

OMG YES 

What is your process when creating a choreography for a song? Do you go for the beat or do you go for the lyrics? What inspires you?

Do you prefer a more theatrical routine or the ones with more hard-hitting moves? Has something you created have to be changed because the artist needed time to breathe/sing, and how do you take this into consideration when creating?

• Love 1