Exhale Reacts: Britney Spears Cancels 'Domination'

On 1/4/2019 at 8:57 PM, Lauralicious1 said:

She’s lost her passion so don’t blame her for retiring. Just wish she’d retired before announcing Domination!! I’ve personally lost nearly $2000 on non refundable flights and hotel! 

How so ? Vegas is a wonderful destination and I’m sure there are other shows like cirque du soleil and you can still have a great time. They might get a fill in act like Christina or Katy Perry e.t.c

• Like 3
On 1/4/2019 at 10:11 PM, BabyHotAsIce said:

Wow so her team didn’t even bother giving nappytabs or her dancers a head up about it being cancelled. They had to find out the same way we did. Britney and her team must have just came to this decision last night or something then. 

Yep and that’s scary is shows the severity of the situation and the impact hasn’t be fully thought out.

5 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Yes, some are.

But to be fair, Britney fans give and give and give (their hard earned $$$) and get so little in return. Her Team really doesn't treat fans well.

Were you here during the FF era? There were a million Cappy's, all defending every little thing that Britney and her Team did. But now there's only one Cappy left. That's how frustrated her fans have become.

I think some of these harsh comments are growing out of that long-simmering frustration.

Harsh comments about her work is one thing, but saying she is using the fact that her dad almost passed away as an excuse and all the other **** that they are saying is disgusting. Makes me feel like they are all rude little children on here that really just don’t get it. Maybe someday y’all have feelings.

• Like 5

There is no point in over analyzing or creating theories about the unknown. Its simple she needs a break either ways its for the best and if they postponed the show that will be much better, shes been in vegas for 5 years a break is necessary not just for her but  for people to actually notice shes out of vegas and realize later she has a completely new show coming up. Be positive.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

isn't it funny how there wasn't that much buzz around Domination when it was "announced" but there is now that it's cancelled? lol Like, the cancellation was bigger than the announcement.

Watch other acts cancel their shows now to generate buzz. Setting trends queen :airpls:

• Like 9
9 hours ago, maquisl said:

But isn't Bryan her co-conservator? Dind't he worked for Britney while Jamie wasn't around for whatever reason? I think that happened during POM in 2015/6. :ponderney: Of course we don't know how the c-ship works but I'm sure she can perform the shows without him being around all the time and don't forget that her lawyer is the co-conservator of her estate and I think that includes the contract with MGM.

I think Bryan only replaced Jamie as tour manager -- the person on the ground in Vegas, making all the phone calls, coordinating with Britney and security, and ensuring everything goes off without a hitch. This would have been around the time that Britney made the "Daddy issues" comment to Mario Lopez.

I have a hunch that at a certain point Jamie wasn't happy with that scenario and returned to his position. I can't say for sure, though.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Betty1994 said:

Realistically no, ticket sales mean nothing to Britney she is paid a fixed fee it’s a residency not a tour.

something fishy is going on and my main hypothesis looking at the evidence,

jamie ruptured his colon as was said but the reasoning not disclosed it might be a hereditary illness or cancer. Either way Britneys mental health has deteriorated or is at risk to and the potential financial risk outweighs  the opportunity cost, 

I didn't know much about what causes a ruptured colon, so I did a bit of Googling. And you're right -- it can be caused by an underlying illness like cancer. I can certainly see why it might affect Britney's mental health if there's something even more serious going on in the background.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, TylerTremallose said:

One thing I find sad about this whole situation is how many "fans" on here were so quick to bash the show as well as britney from this news, while on the lady gaga board (GGD), they are mostly all showing support for this hardship in her life. 

Honey do you live in another universe? :squintney: Little monsters are dragging Britney and making fun of her SO HARD. Even in Polish little monsters groups comments about Britney cancelling domination are brutal... :tiffsniffle: :idkney:

12 hours ago, Winter _90 said:

I remember the rumor and it was because her record company gave her permission to be calm and away from the press after the break  up with Justin.This was when they protected her .There was also a rumor that during that time she was recovering from a supposed ********.

A. It wasnt a rumor she announced on her website that she was taking a break  it was a huge news story

B. Recovering from an ******** takes like less than a day. Esp if the baby is wo small that you cant see anything. So that wasnt true.

10 hours ago, nels64 said:

Yes I was here during FF and at that point in time A) she shouldn't have come back after Circus so soon. But B) given the circumstances, she was doing a lot better than she had been and I think FF tour was more enjoyable than Circus as a whole show. Some comments have merit. But the vile comments have no place. They had no place then and they have not place now. 

Also going back to FF, sure fans have a right to be tired and fed up but all of POM was better than the mess that was FF. No we aren't getting a lot of new ****, but her entire person and performance and energy is exponentially better. So yes she's ramping down in her career. But she honestly owes nothing to the fans and when fans act as if these celebrities that they don't know owe them their lives? Girl get outta here. There's no reason for people to be sitting on this website spewing hate. If you don't like what's happening, yes provide constructive criticism, but if you really absolutely hate **** enough to be insulting and vile, just leave. No one is forcing you to be here. Don't buy the merch, don't buy the music, go stan a new fave. It's just so sad that so many people on here are so f**king vile. 

I wasn't referring to Britney's performing skills.

I was referring to her Team in particular. If Britney doesn't enjoy M&G's, why charge fans such high prices for a two-second interaction? If she's not singing live, why continue to insist to fans she is and more or less trick them into buying tickets? Why no communication with fans when they scrap music videos that they've been teasing for weeks? Why the cheap album covers? I could go on and on.

Again, it's not Britney herself making these decisions. It's her management. And I think that is what a lot of what is causing these reactions. It's a pattern of behaviour that started with the FF era, and has continued into the present day.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

isn't it funny how there wasn't that much buzz around Domination when it was "announced" but there is now that it's cancelled? lol Like, the cancellation was bigger than the announcement.

Were u a fan in 2002? I remember that after DWAD ended, Britney announced she would take a break for 6 months and media overreacted. I mean, she was 20 years old, working non stop for straight four years then, her parents were divorcing, she split with JT and had all that London and Mexico drama and still press was acting as if it was a f**king big deal when it was pretty much understandable. Of course now she cancelled a whole show, but they also made a circus bc she performed 4 songs in Mexico and walked away bc it was raining. They were always drama queens towards her lol 

1 hour ago, The Greatest Show said:

A. It wasnt a rumor she announced on her website that she was taking a break  it was a huge news story

B. Recovering from an ******** takes like less than a day. Esp if the baby is wo small that you cant see anything. So that wasnt true.

I said the rumors they said at the time:

-A That her label wanted to keep her away from the press.

-B Recovering emotionally and physically from an ********.

he big story in this week’s National Enquirer alleging that the romance between Britney Spears and *NSYNC’s Justin Timberlakeended after Spears got a false positive pregnancy test and Justin was spooked afterwards has been posted. A source told the tabloid, “Justin was even more freaked out than Britney when she told him an ******** was out of the question. She said if it turned out that she really was pregnant, there would be only one solution–they’d have to get married right away.” Apparently Justin wasn’t going for that idea. Read more.

1 hour ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I wasn't referring to Britney's performing skills.

I was referring to her Team in particular. If Britney doesn't enjoy M&G's, why charge fans such high prices for a two-second interaction? If she's not singing live, why continue to insist to fans she is and more or less trick them into buying tickets? Why no communication with fans when they scrap music videos that they've been teasing for weeks? Why the cheap album covers? I could go on and on.

Again, it's not Britney herself making these decisions. It's her management. And I think that is what a lot of what is causing these reactions. It's a pattern of behaviour that started with the FF era, and has continued into the present day.

Exactly....  

• Like 1