Exhale Reacts: Britney Spears Cancels 'Domination'

Reading the first few posts in this thread seems so alien, knowing all we do now.

What was presented to us was Jamie was sick for months, and Britney wanted to take care of him, despite announcing it, sharing rehearsals, advertisement etc. We put it down to low sales, and so many believed the reasoning and wished her father well. When the Creative Directors and Dancers shared the videos of their reactions, we should have been on red alert.

How long did it take us to find out that her father forced her into a hospital? 3 months?  How long did it take us to find out that her name wasn't on the POM contract, and the clause for her team to break a contract was Jamie being sick, meaning they more than likely got away with it financially unscathed? 

It feels so alien, in retrospect. Personally speaking, I do think this show was shaping up to be incredible from what we heard and saw. The fact that Dancers are still praising it, with no reason other than because they want to, should say it all. Britney clearly wanted to do this show too! 

Domination had to fall for Free Britney to rise!

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Isla said:

Tbf obviously Jamie’s health is very important and quite sad but I don’t think that was the real reason it was cancelled. I guess we’ll never know. 

Clearly that's not the reason or she wouldn't have petitioned the courts saying she won't work as long as he's her conservator and that she's afraid of him not long after this announcement. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, HairFullOfSecrets said:

Clearly that's not the reason or she wouldn't have petitioned the courts saying she won't work as long as he's her conservator and that she's afraid of him not long after this announcement. 

I still think it was him that cancelled domination, though. Even if that voicemail was fake. Which I personally believe most of what it said. And I think NOW she’s like hell no I’m not working.  

4 minutes ago, ralphcornio said:

To be rereading this today as news of the petition to terminate being filled start to spread...I really was :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

Whew...if only we knew back then what we know now.

I remember Britney seemed SO excited about Domination but there was always something off. I could overlook the weird Ellen appearance where she announced that she would be making an announcement....in a few days. I could overlook the fact that the actual "announcement" was just her coming up on stage looking amazing and walking right to her car to leave.

But then she just up and cancelled it due to her dad being "sick" and we all thought "aw poor Jamie" then she was basically radio silent on Instagram for months after being pretty active for the past few years. Even when it was reported she was in treatment, I just figured good for her that she recognized she was struggling and took a proactive approach since it seemed like she had finally come to a really healthy place in her life.Then the Britney's Gram episode was released and literally everything I thought got turned on its head.

Hopefully this year will be good for her and allow her whatever freedom and peace of mind she wants :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

On 1/4/2019 at 2:37 PM, Dirk said:

The show was rushed, to begin with, they had a lot of work to do in one month! 

+ she would mess everything bc of family issues. It was the best decision to postpone this show. 

And since Jamie is no well enough I hope they take the time to get rid of the c-ship. 

my post lol

im so sensitive :)

I was the first one to mention the cship on this thread before we knew what was coming… 🙀

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...