Are you a Mean Gay? This may be why...

Posted (edited)

I've experienced the pitiful existence of the "mean gay" too many times.

I was dating a guy called Phil, and he told me one of the guys in his circle of friends (Dan) said I was ugly. Instead of getting upset, I wrote to Dan and asked him why he was talking about me behind my back, because I thought we were friends.

Next thing I know, I have Phil texting me saying, "Why did you contact Dan. He's furious!". I just said, "I don't just believe rumours, I take the issue to the source!"

In any case, I didn't find out much more because a few days later, Phil dumped me. Dan later called me a s-l-u-t when he saw me on the street, and is probably still a mean gay, so my approach to mending the issue clearly didn't work.

Phil moved north, and I now live outside the city with my partner of 10 years in a lovely house, so I don't have to set eyes on either of them any more.

Even the guy I considered my best friend for many years lied about me to someone I once danced with (because he was jealous) so he wouldn't talk to me any more lol.

That's probably why the only gay friend I have is my boyfriend.

Edited by SlideAway
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, SlideAway said:

I was dating a guy called Phil, and he told me one of the guys in his circle of friends (Dan) said I was ugly. Instead of getting upset, I wrote to Dan and asked him why he was talking about me behind my back, because I thought we were friends.

Next thing I know, I have the Phil texting me saying, "Why did you contact Dan. He's furious!". I just said, "I don't just believe rumours, I take the issue to the source!"

In any case, I didn't find out much more because a few days later, Phil dumped me. Dan later called me a s-l-u-t when he saw me on the street, and is probably still a mean gay, so my approach to mending the issue clearly didn't work.

Phil moved north, and I now live outside the city with my partner of 10 years in a lovely house, so I don't have to set eyes on either of them any more.

Even the guy I considered my best friend for many years lied about me to someone I once danced with (because he was jealous) so he wouldn't talk to me any more lol.

Yes. That's def an example of Mean Gay. Was Dan older? 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, jordeezy river red said:

Yes. That's def an example of Mean Gay. Was Dan older? 

We were all pretty much the same age. I really don't know what his problem was. Perhaps he wanted to date Phil, too.

The gay scene was so incestuous, they'd probably already been together.

Just now, SlideAway said:

We were all pretty much the same age. I really don't know what his problem was. Perhaps he wanted to date Phil, too.

The gay scene was so incestuous, they'd probably already been together.

Yes... it's does sound like he was crushing on Phil as well. 

When I met my partner, he was renting a room in a house owned by an older gay men. I was so happy to meet my partner's roommate and the roommate's clique of older friends but they were so shady to me all the time. My partner was in the Army and had to be deployed so he paid the roommate monthly to keep his room. My partner asked me to go to his room to get some paperwork for him but the roommate refused to let me visit. I ended up visiting anyways because the Army NEEDED this paperwork and the roommate had moved all of my partner's things out of the room my partner was paying for and had another person renting the room. I was livid. This roommate was in his 50s and would only "date" guys in their 20s. Def a Mean Gay. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, SlideAway said:

Next thing I know, I have Phil texting me saying, "Why did you contact Dan. He's furious!". I just said, "I don't just believe rumours, I take the issue to the source!"

And you got the happy ending they’ll probably struggle to get to. :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

1 hour ago, jordeezy river red said:

When I met my partner, he was renting a room in a house owned by an older gay men. I was so happy to meet my partner's roommate and the roommate's clique of older friends but they were so shady to me all the time. My partner was in the Army and had to be deployed so he paid the roommate monthly to keep his room. My partner asked me to go to his room to get some paperwork for him but the roommate refused to let me visit. I ended up visiting anyways because the Army NEEDED this paperwork and the roommate had moved all of my partner's things out of the room my partner was paying for and had another person renting the room. I was livid. This roommate was in his 50s and would only "date" guys in their 20s. Def a Mean Gay. 

That’s awful. I can’t imagine having that responsibility and being denied by someone who’s essentially caring for your partners belongings. Worse that he clearly went through it all to pack it up.

Some people are truly awful!

Mean gays! Get in the trash 

:flop_britney_candies:

On 5/7/2024 at 7:03 AM, jordeezy river red said:

This gave me PTSD. Also dated an older gay when I was figuring my **** out and still in the closet. Also had an older gay roommate once and both experiences were awful. Both mean old gays with mean old gay friends. They were also only interested in way younger men than  they were. My ex was 20 years older than me and the roommate was 33 years older :nonono_britney_nope_head_shake:

• Like 1
On 5/7/2024 at 6:49 AM, SlideAway said:

Good for you for standing your ground. My boyfriend is also my only gay friend. I don’t avoid gay people, but the ones I have met have always been so catty, cliquey, and gossipy. I can’t really blame them because it’s a product of their environment. I even find myself adopting some of those qualities just by being on Exhale :billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish:

• Haha 1

My only gay friend is my husband.  
young gays can be cruel too. I used to have a gay roommate (we were friends in the dorms at school then moved together afterwards) who was verbally abusive (called me a dog and suggested stopping by animal store for food) always talked **** behind my back and made fun of me. 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, RadicalOptimism said:

Same except for my man :dead_falling_wig_dying: 

Yes, and I'm grateful that my university roommates were straight. While we weren't the closest friends, we kept our relationship respectful, which is very important to me. :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm:

At one point I had some gay friends in real life too, but it was too much — just like you said, most of them are catty and gossipy…. I was like go fix your issues ho’. So I just stopped going out with them. :bcut_britney_clapboard:

Edited by Style.
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block