[UPDATED] Netflix's 'Britney vs Spears' stream + comment party

It was obviously directed and edited by a fan.

And it got us new investigation points, like Spar's story and, personally, abuse of medication (especially because I have the feeling they over medicated her with antipsychotics too). We got to learn better about the botched plan to get a new lawyer for Britney in 2009 too

Jenny Eliscu got me crying. Felicia couldn't say a lot this time.

• Love 1
  • Like 6
40 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Oh please. You were running around calling other people’s opinions ‘bull****’ and doing a whole bunch of name-calling. The absolute hypocrisy. You also constantly criticize Sam and always have something negative to say about him. Then you play victim by acting all offended and surprised when you get burned when playing with fire. Have a good day and please refrain from quoting me again. I’m really not interested in continuing a conversation with someone as hypocritical and angry as you. 

Exactly. I can say that a CLAIM is bull****. Not that the person saying it is bad. You go for the person and say ”you are insane”. And look How you Continue here, you don’t have any facts and instead go for gaslighting again. Gaslighting is trying to make another person think their feelings are dumb and shameful and that they are insane. That is what gaslighting refer to and just look at your comment history. Just like here “you are so angry so I can’t talk to you”. That is gaslighting in a textbook. 

• Like 1

Finished the doc thinking it was overall a little bland (although loving that ending), but as time goes by I'm changing my opinion. This is made for the GP, as it should be, and within that it reveals a lot of little details that paint a broad picture of how ****ed up the conservatoriship is.

I think the goal of this doc was to let millions of people know how messed up this is, and it does just that. Sure there are things I didn't like at all and people who were given much more camera time than they deserved, but facts were spilled even if there weren't any big disclosures for fans who already know most of it.

I already got one review from a friend who isn't a fan saying she's shocked and disgusted, so I'm happy about that.

• Love 5
  • Like 1
17 minutes ago, OceanLabyrinth said:

They reinforced the idea she locked herself in the bathroom and threatened her son's life. What about Lutfi's part in being in this, the 'friend' who told her to wait in the bathroom?

Let me explain what happened.

Britney was supposed to give back the children at 7 pm. At 8 pm, she was with Jayden in the bathroom. Bodyguard called Kaplan, who in turn called the cops. The cops arbitrarily decide to 5150 Britney, because they did not deem her a danger to others or herself. The friend at the door was never going to make a difference but I agree with you that it should've been mentioned.

19 minutes ago, OceanLabyrinth said:

They gave Adnan (as well as Sam) a platform thus enforcing that the papz were not as bad as made out

I think it's important to hear all sides and find the contradictions. That's how we got here

• Like 2

I liked this doc, but obviously for fans, it didn't reveal anything new. Most of it provided documents to confirm what's been rumored/speculated and hearsay. I liked that we got more first-hand info from Adnan and got to see Fe's take on things. Some of the things she didn't touch spoke volumes.

Kinda annoyed they interviewed Lutfi but I get it. For the first time,  kinda buy his denial. Especially after Lynne's memoir co-author hesitated when she said she believed he crushed pills and put it in her food. The svengali kinda has a point — why not report it?

Still not a Lufti fan but I tend to believe Adnan was sincere. I mean, what he said about him being with a white girl… true tea…

You really have to keep in mind that for the general public, the doc is going to be all-new info, but there are nuggets for fans to sink their teeth into. And I'm glad this doc kinda called out Larry. His statement at the end was BS. You may not have helped form the c-ship but you were complicit so long as it made you money. You jumped ship when she stopped working and wasn't getting you paid anymore.

And yes, I cried multiple times. Especially at the end.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, OceanLabyrinth said:

Britney vs Spears feels grubby to me. There were SO MANY Team Con members in this and the nice guy photographer lost house points for bigging up Jason Trawick. Weird points for me:

1. Erin said she wouldn't show Britney's decline in 2007-2008 and she did EXACTLY that for 75% of the documentary.
  2. They reinforced the idea she locked herself in the bathroom and threatened her son's life. What about Lutfi's part in being in this, the 'friend' who told her to wait in the bathroom?
  3. They showed her being 'crazy' and erratic. Adnan validated this with her Addarall taking. Adnan has been proved to be a snaky *****.
  4. They gave Sam Lutfi a platform but made sure that woman, Lynne's biographer, gave her reply to the question about him crushing up Britney's pills - enhancing the undue influence of the conservatorship argument and I believe he's hired to play this role to validate the c-ship.
  5. They gave Adnan (as well as Sam) a platform thus enforcing that the papz were not as bad as made out
  6. They gave turd, Mark Kaplan a platform who gave that weird reply about her not controlling her IG; about being a weird prisoner of war who has to write messages on tree barks and throw it over the fence for a gardener. WTF? That was suspicious and mocking Britney's situation.

I swear this was subliminal to plant the idea that yes, the conservatorship is corrupted, but Britney, even without it will ALWAYS be questionable. I feel it's got Team Con energy all over it and I don't like it one bit.

Erin said they wouldn't shop the traumatizing images so that meant no head shaving, umbrella wielding or being strapped to a gurney exiting your home in an ambulance.

I don't believe Jason is bad.  I think he probably did his best to help her given the situation.

38 minutes ago, Applejack said:

Let me explain what happened.

Britney was supposed to give back the children at 7 pm. At 8 pm, she was with Jayden in the bathroom. Bodyguard called Kaplan, who in turn called the cops. The cops arbitrarily decide to 5150 Britney, because they did not deem her a danger to others or herself. The friend at the door was never going to make a difference but I agree with you that it should've been mentioned.

I think it's important to hear all sides and find the contradictions. That's how we got here

Yeah, they misrepresented what happened with her sons that led to the 5150. Some details weren't quite right.

I didn't like seeing Lutfi but I agree, we need to hear certain stories from certain perspectives to get a clear idea. I still think he was a user and enabler. I get why she felt she could trust him at first but he clearly took control of her… manager? Give me a break. She had people take advantage of her before and after the c-ship. They can all be bad.

• Like 1

Since they've been working on it for two years...I kind of wonder if Felicia was interviewed early in the process, or earlier than on other docs, and that's why she was so much less willing to open up? That or they didn't make her feel comfortable enough to do so. I found that interesting.