[UPDATED] Netflix's 'Britney vs Spears' stream + comment party

55 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

I don’t understand y’all saying “there’s nothing new.”

We heard from Adnan for the first time including Britney realizing her dad had complete control over all of her actions, court documents from 2009-2015 which we never had before and that show definitive proof she told the court multiple times how she wanted out and how the conservatorship was affecting her, we had the relationship of her and the photographer. 

Some of the stuff wasn’t new to us, but it was new to the GP. Like reading Andrew Wallet’s letter (rather than it just being on TikTok and gossip magazine articles), the photographer having to sneak into a bathroom to hand Britney the papers to sign the court documents. They also did a better job of pointing out her finances and Lou Taylor. Also, pointing out that the reason for the conservatorship was “dementia” and sort of calling out the doctor who justified that. 

They also covered the 2011-2012 era more than anyone has and showed how her dad basically has complete control over her career. And how X Factor had doctors concerned for her mental health but they made her do it anyways. Also how Jason Trawick was trying to help. Also: new details on how she was medicated more on days she worked.

NO DOCUMENTARY IS PERFECT, but this will only help. Be appreciative. 

This! I mean, no, in general we knew most of what was there, but having legal docs to back it up legitimizes it and pulls it out of rumor and possible conspiracy. That's important. It also backs up what Louie Walsh said about seeing Brit on the show.

I'm also glad Andrew called out the whole "surprise, you get to go drive" thing in FTR. That wasn't sweet, it was sad. And more than that, honestly controlling and manipulative.

• Love 5
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Urbanney said:

I don’t understand y’all saying “there’s nothing new.”

We heard from Adnan for the first time including Britney realizing her dad had complete control over all of her actions, court documents from 2009-2015 which we never had before and that show definitive proof she told the court multiple times how she wanted out and how the conservatorship was affecting her, we had the relationship of her and the photographer. 

Some of the stuff wasn’t new to us, but it was new to the GP. Like reading Andrew Wallet’s letter (rather than it just being on TikTok and gossip magazine articles), the photographer having to sneak into a bathroom to hand Britney the papers to sign the court documents. They also did a better job of pointing out her finances and Lou Taylor. Also, pointing out that the reason for the conservatorship was “dementia” and sort of calling out the doctor who justified that. 

They also covered the 2011-2012 era more than anyone has and showed how her dad basically has complete control over her career. And how X Factor had doctors concerned for her mental health but they made her do it anyways. Also how Jason Trawick was trying to help. Also: new details on how she was medicated more on days she worked.

NO DOCUMENTARY IS PERFECT, but this will only help. Be appreciative. 

I so agree.

I was shocked by a lot of tbings here.

Altbough I didnt like first part of docu (mostly because I knew most of it. But it was good for GP.

Second part of docu,name dropping,documents and most ppl interviewed was great. I honestly didnt know most of those things.

• Love 2

I like it it's great doc for GP!

Got some mistakes like cleaning the Kevin, Adnan and samlu image at the beggining because I think Sam Lut got a connection with LT.                              And the kfed lawyer is a mess.                                                                                                                            

But resuming the audio, the letter when she says Kevin consuming pot, the docs file made all the doc.

And Felicia did great job with framing B's 1&2, but this time she say I can't answer to everything

19 minutes ago, ZoneGirl said:

This! I mean, no, in general we knew most of what was there, but having legal docs to back it up legitimizes it and pulls it out of rumor and possible conspiracy. That's important. It also backs up what Louie Walsh said about seeing Brit on the show.

I'm also glad Andrew called out the whole "surprise, you get to go drive" thing in FTR. That wasn't sweet, it was sad. And more than that, honestly controlling and manipulative.

“I was sitting with Britney for two days, and after every few auditions, she would go…” Walsh told the Irish Independent on Sunday before imitating Spears allegedly slumping over at the judges’ table.

“They would literally have to stop the show and take her out because she was on so much medication and other stuff,” he claimed. “I felt sorry for her.”

:sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, ZoneGirl said:

I liked this doc, but obviously for fans, it didn't reveal anything new. Most of it provided documents to confirm what's been rumored/speculated and hearsay. I liked that we got more first-hand info from Adnan and got to see Fe's take on things. Some of the things she didn't touch spoke volumes.

Kinda annoyed they interviewed Lutfi but I get it. For the first time,  kinda buy his denial. Especially after Lynne's memoir co-author hesitated when she said she believed he crushed pills and put it in her food. The svengali kinda has a point — why not report it?

Still not a Lufti fan but I tend to believe Adnan was sincere. I mean, what he said about him being with a white girl… true tea…

You really have to keep in mind that for the general public, the doc is going to be all-new info, but there are nuggets for fans to sink their teeth into. And I'm glad this doc kinda called out Larry. His statement at the end was BS. You may not have helped form the c-ship but you were complicit so long as it made you money. You jumped ship when she stopped working and wasn't getting you paid anymore.

And yes, I cried multiple times. Especially at the end.

I never cared much for Lutfi and was never one of those fans who hated him just because of the things Lynne said. My dislike for him is how he always exaggerated his role in her life. He was friend with some business smarts and that was something Britney welcomed.  Back in 2007, I felt like anyone could get close to Britney and have 20% chance of being in her circle.

I felt disappointed that Sam L and Adnan were involved, considering why were probably paid for their involvement. Sam can say what he wants outside a court, but to deny claims that police have never investigated him for drugging - is weak, they would need testimony or evidence from Britney herself, something she can't give... And he knows that 

Adnan also saying Blackout was written whilst sitting with him in LA in 2007. That goes against Keri Hilson saying a lot of Blackout was recorded or written in 2006. That p!ssed me off,  it's like these journalists scraped the barrel.

Having Fe answer 'i can't comment' and the FTR documentary maker who basically hinted he was probably romantically involved with Britney in 2008, was not salacious.

What about this anon source who revealed court docs? What about more context from this year? 

It was half assed.

• Like 2

Just finished watching it. I didn't think it was as good as Controlling Britney Spears.

I think it's hard to tell the whole story because there are so many players with this conservatorship and there's not enough time to cover them all - I am annoyed that Lynn wasn't mentioned - she divorced Jaime because he was abusive and she just let him take control over Britney.  She stood there with Jamie enjoying their "victory" after the hearing... 

But I guess the doco did touch on the fact that Britney's family was never her support system.. 

In the end I guess it's informative and the GP will learn the basics and it will always be on Netflix. 

I just want a happy end to this story with Jaime being terminated on the 29th and Britney gets her freedom shortly after with a nice investigation into all the players...  

7 minutes ago, everybodygoesdown said:

Highlights is Lou Taylor being further exposed (and probably having her career declared D-E-A-D from now on) and when they questioned the medical evaluation by Dr. Spar and he said "show me a version with my signature", basically saying I never wrote nor signed off on this.

Any document he signed would contain a confidential discussion of medical evidence or medical opinion, to reveal that on camera would be a HIPAA violation. He's playing cat and mouse.

If he says show me, and they can't - well it absolves his involvement.

If they show him, well someones committed a felony in leaking that info.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Stop. You’re constantly complaining. This documentary is made for the GENERAL PUBLIC. Not diehard stans who knew every facet about Britney’s life. Please go learn the basic fundamentals on how media, television and radio works to the naked eye before you spew some pessimistic stuff like this again. It’s like having to argue with a bunch of 13-year olds who aren’t able to comprehend a damn thing. Some of you Britney stans are beyond insufferable and need to learn how to be more appreciate. Anyways. Props to Netflix. Overall, they did their thing and that was, first and foremost, to keep the general public INFORMED/reminded. Let’s not get distracted.

You can have your opinion and I have mine :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, OceanLabyrinth said:

Britney vs Spears feels grubby to me. There were SO MANY Team Con members in this and the nice guy photographer lost house points for bigging up Jason Trawick. Weird points for me:

1. Erin said she wouldn't show Britney's decline in 2007-2008 and she did EXACTLY that for 75% of the documentary.
  2. They reinforced the idea she locked herself in the bathroom and threatened her son's life. What about Lutfi's part in being in this, the 'friend' who told her to wait in the bathroom?
  3. They showed her being 'crazy' and erratic. Adnan validated this with her Addarall taking. Adnan has been proved to be a snaky *****.
  4. They gave Sam Lutfi a platform but made sure that woman, Lynne's biographer, gave her reply to the question about him crushing up Britney's pills - enhancing the undue influence of the conservatorship argument and I believe he's hired to play this role to validate the c-ship.
  5. They gave Adnan (as well as Sam) a platform thus enforcing that the papz were not as bad as made out
  6. They gave turd, Mark Kaplan a platform who gave that weird reply about her not controlling her IG; about being a weird prisoner of war who has to write messages on tree barks and throw it over the fence for a gardener. WTF? That was suspicious and mocking Britney's situation.

I swear this was subliminal to plant the idea that yes, the conservatorship is corrupted, but Britney, even without it will ALWAYS be questionable. I feel it's got Team Con energy all over it and I don't like it one bit.

I felt like they were trying to give us honesty from the people they interviewed. However, at the this point in time, there are only so many good/credible sources to interview; which is likely due to nondisclosure  agreements or out of respect for Britney.

I didn't see them show Britneys decline. What they showed was an incomplete narrative of what really happened on the night she was first sent to the hospital in 2008. I think it was intentionally incomplete because the only version they really could show was Sam Lutfis lies. So they didn't include/explain a lot during that part.  Mark Kaplin was such a useless person to interview tho.

• Like 2

So I actually enjoyed the documentary. I really hope it picks up traction.

It’s got the potential to hook the GP on key players and recordings of her testimony that might not have been heard by so many.

These documentaries aren’t made for the stans who are following developments daily. The back story and set up in Britney VS Spears is relevant for GP. 

They done a good job imo.

I’m recommending:

I see a lot of fighting on here and as always, it’s from the fans who have a different opinion or didn’t like someone else’s opinions. They are either attacked or called bad fans. Why can’t anyone have an opinion on here without being attacked? Have your own opinion and stop quoting others and starting fights because you disagree. We aren’t in high school and it’s incredibly annoying. 

As for the documentary, it was good from the GP point of view. It told her story and exposed some of the criminals involved in her case. I’m not denying that and I am happy that certain people were mentioned and her story was told on Netflix. With that being said, to me it felt like it was missing something. The new information was great and the court records were impressive. I didn’t like how they focused so much on Adnan and Sam and used so many clips of her from 2007 when we were all told they wouldn’t be focusing on that time. 

As a fan that knows a lot of what’s happening, no it wasn’t anything that new for me and I feel that because we have all of these documentaries happening at once, it’s all becoming the same. CBS to me had more passion and just gave us more. Netflix BVS showed certain people and talked about certain companies but it left us hanging on information and I felt more investigating could have been done. 

I’m so happy it’s on Netflix for others to learn her story but we all know there’s way more that needs to be discussed. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, SlayOut said:

Well, I just finished the documentary and I’m kinda wondering why I stayed up for this. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: For members of the public who may be new to Britney’s story, I think this is a good starting point.

I felt that the filmmakers overhyped the confidential report they received, and didn’t explore it to the depths that they should have. Obviously I know they want to avoid sharing any private/medical history, but the trailer made it seem that this report was the Holy Grail and provided answers as to why the conservatorship is in place. And yet, they didn’t dive into the report.

I wasn’t necessarily bothered by Adnan Ghalib’s inclusion in the documentary, but I don’t necessarily think Sam Lutfi or Mark Vincent Kaplan added much. I kind of think it was infuriating to have Mark Vincent Kaplan, who obviously ironed out the custody agreement that Britney always had used against her.

I’m glad Lou was mentioned, but again, no true deep dive into her involvement.

Again, maybe I was under the impression that more of the actors involved on Team Alcon were going to be exposed due to this confidential report that had, but I was wrong. Hopefully, the filmmakers pursue some kind of follow up or publish an exposé that goes in on Jamie, Lou, Kevin, and others. With the level of information they have, I hope they share it critically and responsibly.

At this point, I think Framing Britney Spears and Controlling Britney Spears have done more to shift the narrative than this or any other documentary or special has done.

We’ll see if this makes a splash! :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree: 

This pretty much sums up my feelings. I will say it's a good in depth refresher for the GP a day before the hearing so it'll be on everyone's minds. NYT def did a better job in my opinion but at least we are getting more coverage and Netflix will reach a bigger audience. Hopefully that will cause people to look her up and lead them to CBS.

• Like 4