[UPDATED] Netflix's 'Britney vs Spears' stream + comment party

4 hours ago, britnostalgia said:

I'm glad Jordan mentioned being held against her will on facility. Although they had Kaplan(?) implying that wasn't true. Disappointing that at the end of the documentary when they were playing Britney's court statement they didn't include her confirming it as true with her own mouth.

true

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Stop. You’re constantly complaining. This documentary is made for the GENERAL PUBLIC. Not diehard stans who knew every facet about Britney’s life. Please go learn the basic fundamentals on how media, television and radio works to the naked eye before you spew some pessimistic bull**** like this again. It’s like having to argue with a bunch of 13-year olds who aren’t able to comprehend a damn thing. Some of you Britney stans are beyond insufferable and need to learn how to be more appreciate. Anyways. Props to Netflix. Overall, they did their thing and that was, first and foremost, to keep the general public INFORMED/reminded. Let’s not get distracted.

It’s funny, there’s zero information to state that “this doc is for the GP”. LMAO. It’s a weak documentary. PERIOD. Don’t come at people with this delusion you and others are spewing to defend it. People are absolutely allowed to call out a documentary that PRESENTED itself in its very own traitor to be an EXPOSÉ documentary that subsequently fails SO HARD to live up to the hype. That’s a fact. It is absolutely NOT a fact that “well this was made for the GP”… says who? You Netflix now? That’s an opinion, or rather a defence or deflection at owning the fact people were kind of mislead to believe this would be a true exposé.

Take your weak *** defence yo and stick it.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, blakey said:

Sigh. Finished it. It wasn’t explosive by any means or any stretch. Virtually zero new information. Hyped up because it’s from Netflix. And they kind of dropped the ball. Honestly. The NYT FBS and Controlling Britney Spears, by far outperform. Especially the latter. We need incriminating evidence, people to break their NDAs to come forward. Etc. NYT got that. This one did not. They got those confidential records but the funny thing is, is that there was nothing in them that hadn’t already been exposed by the #FreeBritney movement already. 

People are saying: Yay they exposed Lou! I mean… did they? Did they really? They say her name and mention things the #FreeBritney movement already knows and has shared. Actually, the FreeBritney movement on social media has exposed Lou Taylor so much that it’s … laughable and totally disappointing that they barely scratched the surface. 

SO MUCH WASTED TIME in this 1hr 30min Doc. So much. I don’t give a **** about her listening to BOMT in her bedroom as a kid. That should have been cut. All the time dedicated to Adnan or whatever his name is: CUT. Way to much time expended on very irrelevant parts of the story. Or maybe not irrelevant entirely but we need to expose and illuminate the conservatorship as it stands. 

At least some who aren’t Britney fans who may watch will be more informed of the basics I suppose… 

I give it a 2/5 stars.

Man. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ The clip of her talking about listening to Britney as a child is supposed to appeal to the viewer’s emotion. It’s a sociologically reflective and fundamental part of the film which is crucial to the viewer, especially if they don’t know or remember who Britney was. Remember, a little history is also good and just as, if not equally as important to talk about. In fact, my biggest complaint was that they should have shown more of those kinds of segments and talked about her career before the conservatorship. Say, for example a 15-year old is tuning into the documentary who doesn’t know or knows very little about Britney. They need to be reminded about why we care and love her in the first place, the same way we all fell in love with Britney in 1999. These aspects of the documentary are crucial to have because it gives a brief history and informs the uneducated viewer about who she is. Next time, educate yourself before you post some bull**** review crap like that. The documentary was informative, reflective and investigational — all in one, but of course leave it some misguided Britney fans who don’t know a basic thing about how filmmaking works to tell us what’s best. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, PoisonParadise90 said:

This had so much filler and wasted time “interviewing” people we didn’t need. I can’t believe I stayed up for this 🥴🥱

I’m sure a general viewer would still find it groundbreaking tho..

anyway, NYT
Adnan VS Ghalib

this

Kaplan? really?  :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:
Adnan? :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Sam? :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

BUT, it was ok to expose LOU and great for the GENERAL PUBLIC hearing britney at the end. So, its ok.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, lali92 said:

For some nothing is enough. Could you imagine a year ago that a proBritney doc in 2021 titled Britney VS Spears will air globally on Netflix the featuring breatheheavy?

And like half of you was claiming it will never happen, and then it did. Nothing is good enough really.

🤣Don’t be so negative that people have opinions. This is not North Korea, people are allowed to express what they think about it. 

8 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Man. Shut the **** up. The clip of her talking about listening to Britney as a child is supposed to appeal to the viewer’s emotion. It’s a sociologically reflective and fundamental part of the film which is crucial to the viewer, especially if they don’t know or remember who Britney was. Remember, a little history is also good and just as, if not equally as important to talk about. In fact, my biggest complaint was that they should have shown more of those kinds of segments and talked about her career before the conservatorship. Say, for example a 15-year old is tuning into the documentary who doesn’t know or knows very little about Britney. They need to be reminded about why we care and love her in the first place, the same way we all fell in love with Britney in 1999. These aspects of the documentary are crucial to have because it gives a brief history and informs the uneducated viewer about who she is. Next time, educate yourself before you post some bull**** review crap like that. The documentary was informative, reflective and investigational — all in one, but of course leave it some misguided Britney fans who probably live in the UK and don’t know a basic thing about how filmmaking works to tell us what’s best. 

Why can you never behave like you measure up to your own standards and just respond factually? You always mix a ton of insults to other people’s intelligence and personalities which is downright gaslighting and abusive. Creative people have different opinions, apperently that is a newsflash to you. Yes, it is possible to even work in the film industry or as a journalist and still have critical ideas about a documentary. Just read any film review by a critique pro that reviews film and theatre for say The Guardian or The New York Times. In fact, if you are interested in narratives and storytelling it is likely that you will have opinions about a documentary whose topic you are invested in. 

• Haha 2
22 minutes ago, blakey said:

It’s funny, there’s zero information to state that “this doc is for the GP”. LMAO. It’s a weak documentary. PERIOD. Don’t come at people with this delusion you and others are spewing to defend it. People are absolutely allowed to call out a documentary that PRESENTED itself in its very own traitor to be an EXPOSÉ documentary that subsequently fails SO HARD to live up to the hype. That’s a fact. It is absolutely NOT a fact that “well this was made for the GP”… says who? You Netflix now? That’s an opinion, or rather a defence or deflection at owning the fact people were kind of mislead to believe this would be a true exposé.

Take your weak *** defence yo and stick it.

You don’t know how filmmaking works, do you? Even that, there was tons of new evidence and ‘expose’ that we had not known before. We had Jenny from Rolling Stone, Adnan/Sam who spoke about things we’ve never heard about, leaked court documents and so much more. BUT YES, LET’S COMPLAIN that it wasn’t up to par with YOUR standard when the general public is what is kept in mind when making these sort of films. Again, these kind of documentaries are NOT made for diehard stans like you but for the everyday general public. The average viewer does not know or may not remember Britney’s story. Whenever one tells a story or watches a documentary, it’s important to give a background or else the average viewer will zone out. The average Britney stan will watch whereas the general public won’t. My takeaway from the documentary is that it was informative, sociologically reflective and shed her in a positive light, as well as informed the general public about the conservatorship — including some investigational data that we LITERALLY had not seen before. It highlighted some important past events and was informative. Again, Netflix documentaries are meant to be - first and foremost - informative and supposed to appeal to a wide demographic. This is why I question the logic of some of you on here and genuinely feel as if a majority of you actually live under a rock who don’t know the basic fundamentals of how media, television and radio work.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Xavierleleon said:

🤣Don’t be so negative that people have opinions. This is not North Korea, people are allowed to express what they think about it. 

Why can you never behave like you measure up to your own standards and just respond factually? You always mix a ton of insults to other people’s intelligence and personalities which is downright gaslighting and abusive. Creative people have different opinions, apperently that is a newsflash to you. Yes, it is possible to even work in the film industry or as a journalist and still have critical ideas about a documentary. Just read any film review by a critique pro that reviews film and theatre for say The Guardian or The New York Times. In fact, if you are interested in narratives and storytelling it is likely that you will have opinions about a documentary whose topic you are invested in. 

I'm not mad. But can I have my opinion too? I'm not saying everyone who didn't like it should shut up. But I do believe they are whiners who completetely missing the point here.

• Love 1