[UPDATED] Netflix's 'Britney vs Spears' stream + comment party

23 minutes ago, rennen said:

So britneysgram and others are salty because they weren't included? There's literally no other reason to be pressed about this documentary.

Except the irrelevant attorney of Kaplan making statements about her enforced facility stay. How is he a credible person in this situation?

• Love 5
  • Like 1

It was "ok", but in some parts the narrative (especially in the beginning) was pretty weak, as they were needed to balance between "britney the victim" and "britney the lunatic". There are many proofs about how she's been pushed to the extent of her breakdown, thus they decided to portray her "success" as the main reason why she "spiraled out of control". What about a 25 yo with 2 newborns and a failed marriage being constantly harassed by strangers with cameras all day long, every freaking day, trying to get the worst out of her? What about the utter dishumanization moved by lucrative intentions? She's been a victim from the beginning, so why deciding to balance the public opinion by picking the most convenient narrative? It was lame. Apart from that, it was an ok doc. But the initial narrative, which gives the first impression to the public, is way more important than the following facts. And that, was not good.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Xavierleleon said:

🤣Don’t be so negative that people have opinions. This is not North Korea, people are allowed to express what they think about it. 

Why can you never behave like you measure up to your own standards and just respond factually? You always mix a ton of insults to other people’s intelligence and personalities which is downright gaslighting and abusive. Creative people have different opinions, apperently that is a newsflash to you. Yes, it is possible to even work in the film industry or as a journalist and still have critical ideas about a documentary. Just read any film review by a critique pro that reviews film and theatre for say The Guardian or The New York Times. In fact, if you are interested in narratives and storytelling it is likely that you will have opinions about a documentary whose topic you are invested in. 

Oh please. As if you aren’t the biggest gaslighter on here. All I said was for that person to essentially view the documentary from a multinational lens. At this point, I want to know why you are so offended over someone bashing a documentary which will ultimately give this movement more exposure than it has ever received because based on your logic, it’s okay to insult the documentary but suddenly it doesn’t make it okay for me to express that the individual couldn’t be more incorrect about their flawed point of view. Overall, the documentary was well-done and film reviewers are going to be praising it over the next few days. If I am wrong about that, then come for me but until then, my point stands corrected. Goodbye.

• Like 1

Nothing shocking for us the die hard fans. But since Netflix is so influential is really decent for GP. I think we can all agree on this. My major turn off was felicia’s presence. She didnt even say anything. Overall, if they had this ‘ exclusive’ of the security company guy it would be perfect. Whatever,  waiting for tomorrow omg:queenie_falling_dying_dead: 

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Oh please. As if you aren’t the biggest gaslighter on here. All I said was for that person to essentially view the documentary from a multinational lens. At this point, I want to know why you are so offended over someone bashing a documentary which will ultimately give this movement more exposure than it has ever received because based on your logic, it’s okay to insult the documentary but suddenly it doesn’t make it okay for me to express that the individual couldn’t be more incorrect about their flawed point of view. Overall, the documentary was well-done and film reviewers are going to be praising it over the next few days. If I am wrong about that, then come for me but until then, my point stands corrected. Goodbye.

Show one single comment of mine where I namecall, say that “this fanbase is insane”, “you are a bunch of 13-year olds”, “you are insane”, “you are dumb” the way you do all the time. I am not against your opinions, everyone are entitled to them, just the gaslighting. I don’t do gaslighting, I call it out but I have never returned your insults with insulting your intelligence. 

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Dirk said:

Ok, I just watched.

The images and editing is classy, the storytelling is good but I sense something is off, I have to watch it again.

My opinion is, after the NYT two doc series, this one is left with no surprises basically,

I was pissed about the amount of screen time Mark Vincent Kaplan had, he basically was part of the stress put on her with the kids. Sam Lutfi, totally irrelevant, it wasn't mentioned that he has like 5 restraining orders against him or something.

I think the GP will just watch half of it bc most of it it's reading court docs and that was really boring, but they did a good job displaying Ingham, Lou etc., I just felt like it was missing something that would touch the viewer more and give us more empathy to Britney as a human being, in that case Framing and Controlling did a better job. Maybe our expectation for a Netflix doc and this director was higher. 

The good part is clear and no doubt that Britney is not crazy and wanted to get out of it since the beginning. 

EDIT: Fe! she didn't deliver much here, they didn't ask her the right questions for her to talk about, she was way better on the Controlling Britney doc. Also, the photographer is super cute and I felt like they were more than friends? he mentioned Britney knew his friends and that they were more than friends omg!

@Jordan Miller I want to bite your biceps! :emma:

The photographer looks like a younger and hotter Ben Affleck. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Xavierleleon said:

Show one single comment of mine where I namecall, say that “this fanbase is insane”, “you are a bunch of 13-year olds”, “you are insane”, “you are dumb” the way you do all the time. I am not against your opinions, everyone are entitled to them, just the gaslighting. I don’t do gaslighting, I call it out but I have never returned your insults with insulting your intelligence. 

Oh please. You were running around calling other people’s opinions ‘bull****’ and doing a whole bunch of name-calling. The absolute hypocrisy. You also constantly criticize Sam and always have something negative to say about him. Then you play victim by acting all offended and surprised when you get burned when playing with fire. Have a good day and please refrain from quoting me again. I’m really not interested in continuing a conversation with someone as hypocritical and angry as you. 

• Love 1