[UPDATED] Netflix's 'Britney vs Spears' stream + comment party

2 minutes ago, Watch Me Work It said:

just finished. more or less what I was expecting. it's for the gp, of course, I get that. I'm glad they mentioned Lou and the mails between Jamie and TriStar. I'm glad they ******* all over Ingham. I'm glad they mentioned the x factor days. 

I wish they didn't spend so much time on her 2007 days, specially because the director said they wouldn't do that, so it surprised me. 

the montage of her testimony with her performances was good. the whole end felt rushed though. 

Half of the documentary was just old footage of her and paparazzi videos, it was time wasted. It needed to be brought up but this documentary should have focused more on the embezzlement of her fortune and investigated that. I am happy they didn’t talk about the head shaving and umbrella. Much respects to them! 

• Like 9

Clearly something happened with the BritneysGram girls. The fact there was no mention of them or really *any* part of the FreeBritney movement aside from the video of the rally at the end indicates some type of fall out.

I initially squirmed at the sight of Sam Lutfi but how they used him and the woman who cowrote Through the Storm to show their differing arguments was interesting. But I feel like that’s what a lot of these documentaries are. Two opposing stories but none coming from Britney.

The court document leaks were the most interesting part. To me they made it feel like they had TONS of info but when we approach 2018 the whole documentary felt rushed. Still grateful for those new tidbits of info. I wonder if the document aspect was what caused bad blood between these women and the BritneysGram girls as what happened between them and Lawyersforbritney.

a good film for people who don’t know anything about the conservstorship. I wouldn’t say the movement as a whole as there was no mention or even a hint that there was a movement in place. I think the NYT Documentaries have been outstanding. I know “Britney” has said the first one made her cry and it was horrible because it rehashed her past etc, but I think that was especially needed for the GP. People needed to reevaluate what happened in those early years and see how those reactions caused Britney to be in the situation she is in today. Controlling Britney Spears was phenomenal as it really focused in on the details and people behind the conservatorship and brought to life so many shocking allegations. In my opinion it was just better journalism.

But with all that said it was good for what it was. I wonder how Britney wil feel about it and if “she’s” gonna talk about it in Instagram. Also great job @Jordan Milleri hope one day to be crushed by your arms :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

• Love 3
  • Like 4
1 minute ago, studlygeorge said:

Clearly something happened with the BritneysGram girls. The fact there was no mention of them or really *any* part of the FreeBritney movement aside from the video of the rally at the end indicates some type of fall out.

I initially squirmed at the sight of Sam Lutfi but how they used him and the woman who cowrote Through the Storm to show their differing arguments was interesting. But I feel like that’s what a lot of these documentaries are. Two opposing stories but none coming from Britney.

The court document leaks were the most interesting part. To me they made it feel like they had TONS of info but when we approach 2018 the whole documentary felt rushed. Still grateful for those new tidbits of info. I wonder if the document aspect was what caused bad blood between these women and the BritneysGram girls as what happened between them and Lawyersforbritney.

a good film for people who don’t know anything about the conservstorship. I wouldn’t say the movement as a whole as there was no mention or even a hint that there was a movement in place. I think the NYT Documentaries have been outstanding. I know “Britney” has said the first one made her cry and it was horrible because it rehashed her past etc, but I think that was especially needed for the GP. People needed to reevaluate what happened in those early years and see how those reactions caused Britney to be in the situation she is in today. Controlling Britney Spears was phenomenal as it really focused in on the details and people behind the conservatorship and brought to life so many shocking allegations. In my opinion it was just better journalism.

But with all that said it was good for what it was. I wonder how Britney wil feel about it and if “she’s” gonna talk about it in Instagram. Also great job @Jordan Milleri hope one day to be crushed by your arms :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

the lack of mention of the movement stood out to me too. they show the people gathered outside the court and they didn't bother explaining why? 

• Love 5
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

Controlling Britney Spears felt cleaner. And that part with Fe’s message to Britney. You just cannot top that! :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

• Love 1
  • Like 6
1 minute ago, Watch Me Work It said:

the lack of mention of the movement stood out to me too. they show the people gathered outside the court and they didn't bother explaining why? 

One could argue that since the documentaries are becoming saturated that they felt it would be pointless to rehash it. At the same time Babs has indicated there was some bad blood between them so what do you believe more, ya know?

It was tastefully done and portrayed Britney in a positive light throughout. Thankfully Lou had plenty of airtime. I just don't think with everything they knew and had access to a couple of minutes on SJB and the $600 mil moved to Stonebridge Panama would be too much to ask for...

Don't know why these journalists aren't mentioning the obvious in that the basic maths of the figures team con are throwing out don't add up. At least Rosengart is on it.

Controlling Britney was more explosive but this one still good and will be great for public pressure/GP support.

• Like 3

Loved it. Great job to Netflix. Editing was fantastic. My only complaint was that I just wish they included more footage and talked about her legacy some more from 98-04. While they briefly did that, it would have been nicer to see some more footage and have the general public be reminded of her legacy some more. Keep in mind that the average everyday Joe isn’t aware of Britney’s brilliance and artistry so I think it’s crucial to talk about that stuff, in addition to her conservatorship. Nevertheless, it was good. Could it have been better? Sure. But overall this felt much more polished than ‘FBS’. 

2 minutes ago, Watch Me Work It said:

I was relieved to not have to see Jakeyonce and other clout chasers tbh

But in a film that features Osama Lutfi, I’m not surprised they skipped over the fanbase.

2 minutes ago, britnostalgia said:

It was tastefully done and portrayed Britney in a positive light throughout. Thankfully Lou had plenty of airtime. I just don't think with everything they knew and had access to a couple of minutes on SJB and the $600 mil moved to Stonebridge Panama would be too much to ask for...

Don't know why these journalists aren't mentioning the obvious in that the basic maths of the figures team con are throwing out don't add up. At least Rosengart is on it.

Controlling Britney was more explosive but this one still good and will be great for public pressure/GP support.

In Rosengart we trust :liberatedaf_beyonce_yellow_lemonade_happy_free_carefree_smile_wind_hold_up:

22 minutes ago, JayTawndre said:

The doc was amazing. I cried and cried and cried. I thought it was beautifully done and really showed more about the conservatorship. Sometimes I'm embarrassed to be a part of the Britney Army because they always find something to complain about instead of being grateful for the time and effort it took to do this doc. 

Yes. Preach. 

• Love 1