[UPDATED] Netflix's 'Britney vs Spears' stream + comment party

15 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Check yourself. Fe has done more than enough to support Britney. 

thank u!! she's trying to show everything in the bright light that it was at times & is always on britney's side. she needs at least one person in each documentary to be that person and Fe was the one to help the narrative! sometimes saying nothing is powerful in and of itself. 

13 hours ago, Alio said:

BAD POINTS :

-I could be Ok with having Lufti but with a freaking warning and a context. I don't support the idea of letting him tell us his little story like if he wasn't a terrible person.

Sam was introduced with a waring. They said he is controversial in this story and brought up why. What more should they have done?

Just finished the doc and in my opinion it is  very boring. Seeing 1,5 hour of old paparazzi footage or how the filmmakers actually "print" the documents is not very entertaining or helpful.

Then there is so much stuff where they just read the papers which seems very fake and staged imo.

Also Fes Interview is nothing but boring too, no answers from her, no joy from her.

Sorry not sorry, but I won't watch again

I finally watched this documentary and I don't know why yall are hating on it. 

It paints a very clear picture of her situation and I think it is important to see how she was treated by the media and paparazzi in the early years. It's crucial to see the fear she went through and how at risk she was from many angles.

I wish more concrete evidence was gi enough but at the end of the day it showed Britney as a prisoner who not only should never habe been placed in a conservatirship, but also consistently wanted out of it. It shows she has been used and abused by those closest to her. It shows she's incredibly intelligent and so good at her craft. 

Each documentary has some different angle and together they make a complete picture. It's nice to have the insight from her previous relationships, and who else better to ask then someone who was in her circle but also someone SHE CONFINED IN.

I'm so happy Britney is one step closer to her freedom after so long. She probably thought the day would never come. Her father is complete trash and a monster. 

P.S Kevin's lawyer is so cringe and so is that geriatric doctor that signed off on Britney but won't admit it even though he clearly slipped up when asked if he met Britney. Slime ball piece of garbage. 

Just watched the Netflix doc tonight and still felt heavily invested in it, despite already knowing basically all the information, not to mention the good news we received today. 

I do not understand the general tone of criticism for it here in the fandom. It included/addressed so many things we were disappointed got left out of the NYT docs. WHAT is the problem? 

I think it did a good job of providing context and teaching about all these moving parts and shadowy figures. Was it the classiest & with the most artistic integrity, certainly not. But that is irrelevant. It was still extremely informative, especially for the GP…which is who the doc was made for in the first place. We’ve wanted the GP to know all this stuff! And now they DO. Like whyyy are people complaining.