What's was the deal with POM costumes?

Marco Marco outfits were a mess, and even Britney didnt like those.
We all know homegirl has Not the best taste in fashion, let’s be honest. I do think she really liked to play around with the costumes since she didnt Want to do the tour shows at least. And maybe the costumes were her only authorized choices and the only thing she could decide for her self.

• Love 3
  • Like 2

Her outfits were so cheap and tacky for a superstar like Britney Spears. Not only that - - her Las Vegas residency.

As one of the highest grossing residencies in Vegas her team had the option to splash out more and let her experiment with different costume designers but they went with cheap and nasty. There were so many wardrobe malfunctions because the clothes lacked practicability. 

I love her but she was going out like a cheap ******** most nights in tacky lingerie style outfits. I wanted to see proper stage outfits like she had for Circus or DWADT. 

• Love 5
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
2 hours ago, Mannequin* said:

Marco Marco outfits were a mess, and even Britney didnt like those.
We all know homegirl has Not the best taste in fashion, let’s be honest. I do think she really liked to play around with the costumes since she didnt Want to do the tour shows at least. And maybe the costumes were her only authorized choices and the only thing she could decide for her self.

She made him cry by rejecting the opening outfit and rightfully so :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:it was ugly and clunky, how was she supposed to perform in that way TJ cheap material too? She might not  be a fashionista but got many veteran years to know what works. 

• Love 4
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Puppy said:

She made him cry by rejecting the opening outfit and rightfully so :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:it was ugly and clunky, how was she supposed to perform in that way TJ cheap material too? She might not  be a fashionista but got many veteran years to know what works. 

Exactly , she knows what look is iconic and what is trash… Marco Marco on that doc was embarrassing lol

• Love 2
On 7/9/2021 at 2:49 PM, Britman512 said:

So I believe the og outfits were designed by the drag queen designer Marco Marco (it’s the reason certain impersonators always have her outfits) 

and the those outfits weren’t fit for a pop princess 

I think it's the other way around. Britney wasnt as fit as she eventually became by 2016.

The original costumes were actually good and suited each section of the show. 

The skin-colored catsuit was actually good, the diamonds (ofc it wasnt real diamonds) was a good recreation of her Toxic mv. I think JLo wore a similar outfit but guess what made the difference? Her fit body and curvy silhouette 

The black pants, the fedora hat and street sneakers for the urban-Blackout section was great. We were longing for her to wear pants again after almost a decade of wearing swimsuits basically. The whole outfit looked urban but comfortable enough for her to dance and still keeping a good quality looking. But guess what? Her body wasnt that great, she was little thick. 

My favorite outfit from POM 1.0 was a black leather catsuit she wore for the Slave section. It reminded me of the black outfit from the opening of the Onyx Hotel, she wasnt as fit as she was in 2016 but that outfit made her look DAMN GOOD! 

My point is, her body wasnt in the best condition, that's why the outfits ended up looking different from the idea the designer had in mind. Then, in 2016 Fitney arrived with a new-ish show and new costumes which were actually ugly (not all of them) and regardless her banging hot new body, those outfits wouldnt look good on anyone. 

For example, that glittery pink swimsuit with white high boots. Omg, she looked like a parody of a power ranger 

• Love 1

the guy who did POM outfits in 2013 was in Next in Fashion, a 2020 reality show to find the next big 'designer'... I mean, wtf? Britney should have someone BIG and established since the beggining, not a guy who is competiting in reality shows in order to be someone in the industry

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Yoongi said:

the guy who did POM outfits in 2013 was in Next in Fashion, a 2020 reality show to find the next big 'designer'... I mean, wtf? Britney should have someone BIG and established since the beggining, not a guy who is competiting in reality shows in order to be someone in the industry

Small Designer brands can make decent clothes too :) just because his name wasn't as big as Chanel or Versace doesn't mean his work isn't good. A the only two that come to my mind that have super high end Designer label clothes are JLo and Beyoncé. Even Ariana's last tour costumes were made from different small brands. I like that. They push new names in the industry 😁‼️

9 hours ago, Drunkerella91 said:

Small Designer brands can make decent clothes too :) just because his name wasn't as big as Chanel or Versace doesn't mean his work isn't good. A the only two that come to my mind that have super high end Designer label clothes are JLo and Beyoncé. Even Ariana's last tour costumes were made from different small brands. I like that. They push new names in the industry 😁‼️

he wasnt good tho...

• Love 1
13 hours ago, HardToForgetYa said:

OMG "American Dream" :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

What happened to it?? I honestly tried it once and found it boring and embarrassing. :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward:

Its still on the app store(at least Google) but not a lot of chapters, only till lv 19.

I did play for a bit, but yeah boring

• Like 1

I never liked the original outfits. I felt that everything was illfitted or bland when fully realised. I mean, even a basic level, there were very few concepts I liked. The opening number outfit was the wrong shade of nude, the bomt outfit was the shaped so wrong to her body, and the peplums had no volume etc. 

The 2.0 costumes were so much better but I feel like team con invested nothing into the show to change it up and Britney had to pay herself.

I think it had to do with the budget. I'm sure daddy wanted to keep as much of the profits as possible and so kept the budget for costumes low. When I did the meet and greet we went into the room where this one girl and her assistant make the costumes and they literally said that they would purchase stuff from the mall and then alter them... Blink 182 Reaction GIF

• Love 2

c-ship cheaping out just like they did with all her other promo and album rollouts.

using the same promo photos for things, combining a music video and album cover shoot, less singles and more perfumes without adverts, cheap costuming.......

gotta make up for those conservatorship and lawyer fees somewhere! 

God not only did they **** up her personhood and life, I also ******* hate what they did to her career and artistry. BOOOOOOO

• Love 7
  • Like 1
On 7/9/2021 at 8:21 PM, PZHSB said:

I think Britney picked most of the outfits. She is still stuck in a mind frame were less clothes is a good thing. Given that she doesn’t seem to have a stylist to guide her and a big costume budget, i think she just winged it. 

This. I also think it's a combination of factors. First, the budget of course. That was obvious. Second, I totally agree, she is keen towards lingerie (too keen, if you ask me) and I think she doesn't know how to balance her looks. I love that she shows her body and feels ****, but sometimes, for the excitement to remain, you also need to play the game of hide and seek. When you reveal it all all the time, the surprise factor fades and I quite frankly feel that way towards her constant lingerie-inspired outfits. I loved when she wore more pants and went from ultra **** to more casual (her look in the Amas Stronger performance was sooo hot without being super glamorous or vulgar)

Also, I think she needs guidance in that department sometimes, someone who would help her diversify between **** and cool chic. Then, there is her tacky team, who probably also pushed for the trashy table dance looks all the time. I mean, daddy dearest has a weakness for overexposing his daughter in the name of sales and a taste for prostitutes, right? So, if he had any influence on this, is no surprise. 

And also, if you feel exploited, I guess the least of your cares is the coolness of your outfits. You just want to go out and get over with it. So, I understand. 

• Love 1