What's was the deal with POM costumes?

I remember fans not liking her POM costumes. What's the story behind them? Was she forced to wear those or it was her own choice?

For a reference:

I am confused by the shift in POM costumes. As POM continued, they got weirder and skimpier.

Maybe it was her teams decision? Over***ualizing her through skimpy outfits isnt uncommon to them.

We joked about her team being cheap, but remember Britney is only allowed to spend $2000 in any given week. Now I don’t know how that comes in to play with the costumes, I’m sure they had a separate budget for that. But given how cheap they were overall with the props and production, it wouldn’t surprise me if they were just cheap with the costumes too.

• Love 1
  • Like 5

I think they had to work with what they were allowed to, I mean, the budget Daddy authorized. If I'm not mistaken, they had some ladies working backstage doing changes and stuff (or that was the FFT?) 

Remember that 17 yellow top? according to someone that had a M&G, Britney herself cut it, but ruined it, and they apparently didn't have enough money to buy a new one.

hottie-5.jpg

they later came up with this :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward:

002.jpg

Now, there's some questionable outfits, well, that some fans didn't love, that were actually custom-made. Natalie Gonce created these:

124ba768331073.5b58f90ccbb17.jpg

f358e768331073.5b58f90cc84ea.jpg

When it comes to the wigs she wore at the beginning, Felicia said it was Britney's idea and that she actually was kinda sad when fans didn't like them.

So who knows, I think  that's one of the little parts Britney may have had some input. We know she had different options, she exchanged outfits from one number to another throughout the years, she would wear masks, fake tattoos, feather boas, belts, etc. I think it was just her trying to have fun at the extent she was able to. 

• Love 6
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think they had to work with what they were allowed to, I mean, the budget Daddy authorized. If I'm not mistaken, they had some ladies working backstage doing changes and stuff (or that was the FFT?) 

Remember that 17 yellow top? according to someone that had a M&G, Britney herself cut it, but ruined it, and they apparently didn't have enough money to buy a new one.

hottie-5.jpg

ICONIC

MY FAVORITE COSTUME

• Love 6
  • Like 1

So I believe the og outfits were designed by the drag queen designer Marco Marco (it’s the reason certain impersonators always have her outfits) 

and the those outfits weren’t fit for a pop princess 

wasn’t even the Coreo by a team associated with drag performances?

(So cheap all of it from the beginning. Did you see jlo’s show or celines! Money well spent with moving stages and everything!!)

When the outfits got really bad I actually begun to believe she was the one making them herself as way to express herself!

all I know is that when someone is going through stressful moments in life their appearance will either tank or they will forcibly change it in order to have a sense of control (heavy black eye make up, hair extensions falling out, altered outfits.)

i thought basically she was rebelling with her outfits why on the pom tour but also it’s believable that Jamie probably kept slashing the shows budget and then gave the tour like some pennies.

I feel bad for Britney as an artist! I understand why she would be nervous to perform sometimes because the way the team was presenting her, miss legendary Britney Spears was as if she was nothing but a drag queen who made some hits in the 90s

• Love 1
  • Like 8
22 minutes ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

ICONIC

MY FAVORITE COSTUME

I love that outfit too but for a star of her magnitude 

in retrospect: would jlo have worn that? It seems jlos show had a way bigger budget than Britney’s. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s actually Britney’s money finding all of Lt others clients

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
20 minutes ago, Britman512 said:

I love that outfit too but for a star of her magnitude 

in retrospect: would jlo have worn that? It seems jlos show had a way bigger budget than Britney’s. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s actually Britney’s money finding all of Lt others clients

Yeah but comparing the two shows, I think Britney is more enjoyable. Jlo’s Vegas residency looks just as cheap to me in terms of props and staging. She had ropes as curtains. Obviously Jlo would pay attention to costumes being a fashionista compared to Britney who doesn’t care that much. 

I went to see POM and enjoyed it a lot.

• Like 1