What's was the deal with POM costumes?

The POM tour is similar to the Circus tour in regards to costumes. Both started with designer costumes and variant options for Britney.

Then as they progressed less expensive pieces she could easily mix and match were introduced. Plus things likes Brit's accessory wall (I remember this for Circus probably POM too tho) where she could pull sunglasses, hats, and other props to add to the looks depending on what she felt like during the show. Circus was more consistent but she wore simple leggings, minimal bodysuits, and basic tops for it too like POM. 

I do believe the budget was lower for POM though in terms of costumes, probably on par with FF it just ran much longer. There's always costume people to do checks and maintenance on outfits but we got multiple stories about them making things specifically for Britney. There were instances where costumes were cut up and changed (we were always told this was Britney's idea to keep things fresh) and simple lingerie pieces with added embellishments. Plus weird things like the one black ringleader coat that was two jackets sewn together to make it long with the sleeves removed. There were even a few costumes that made a single appearance too.

I think it's combination of things but we know Britney likes to switch things up and not do the same stuff every night. Plus she's bound to have certain things she likes to wear and things she doesn't. 

• Love 7
  • Like 1

I thought about this a lot too. As much as I hate Team Con, I think that it's actually Britney's choice. They had some custom made pieces for the 1st run of the show. Marco Marco, Boa Tranchi for her yellow swarovski body suit for DYWCO but then it just got cheap. I think since we all now know Britney didn't want to Tour, she didn't care for costumes or styling at ALL during the tour. Understandably! 

I have some friends who worked with her stylists for the 1st run of POM and earlier and all of them said that it's a pain in the *** to get stuff approved by B's team. And that's why no one wants to work with her anymore. She would look BOMB AF in custom Atelier Versace  🔥🔥🔥❤❤❤

If she EVER  decides to come back I hope she gets a killer styling team 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Brenton said:

They seemed very low budget especially compared to the Circus tour, which seemed odd for a Vegas show of its magnitude. But I really don’t think they were all so bad.

It wouldn't surprise me, if Britney had to pay for it (her own money) We all saw her in the economy class. 

39 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

off topic but why is your account in its britney jean era? :fakewow_selena_surprised_shocked: was your account deleted?

Omg, no... :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears: Call it my Songs for You era instead since I went independent. The fame was becoming too much for me. :byesmoke_tiffany_miss_ms_ny_new_york_sitting_smoking_cigarette: Anyway, I took a small break from Exhell and wanted a fresh start since 2020 and 2021 were such a cultural reset for everyone. I changed that account's username to "redacted statement" and deactivated it. :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink: Also, I was reading my old posts for the sake of nostalgia, and a lot of them were so not the vibe. :ahhhhh_britney_scream_scared_panic_shocked_surprised:

• Haha 2
  • Super Mods
2 hours ago, Gaydar said:

The POM tour is similar to the Circus tour in regards to costumes. Both started with designer costumes and variant options for Britney.

Then as they progressed less expensive pieces she could easily mix and match were introduced. Plus things likes Brit's accessory wall (I remember this for Circus probably POM too tho) where she could pull sunglasses, hats, and other props to add to the looks depending on what she felt like during the show. Circus was more consistent but she wore simple leggings, minimal bodysuits, and basic tops for it too like POM. 

I do believe the budget was lower for POM though in terms of costumes, probably on par with FF it just ran much longer. There's always costume people to do checks and maintenance on outfits but we got multiple stories about them making things specifically for Britney. There were instances where costumes were cut up and changed (we were always told this was Britney's idea to keep things fresh) and simple lingerie pieces with added embellishments. Plus weird things like the one black ringleader coat that was two jackets sewn together to make it long with the sleeves removed. There were even a few costumes that made a single appearance too.

I think it's combination of things but we know Britney likes to switch things up and not do the same stuff every night. Plus she's bound to have certain things she likes to wear and things she doesn't. 

I feel Jamie saw the expenses of the wardrobe department and slashed it…or Lou Taylor. 

I feel any other celebrity it would be normal to get top of the line outfits that will fit her taste as honestly isn’t that’s why many celebrities have stylist to be that filter. You see lots of fashion designers take clothing apart and put it together in an interesting way so it doesn’t bother me that they take clothes from the mall and remake them. I don’t think they bother to hire the right people. 

even if she doesn’t care about clothes (although I feel she does to a certain degree) I understand her need to change things up. It’s like going through the mall and buying a new outfit fit just to perk up your day just like she asked for flowers to liven her hotel room. She didn’t want her life to feel like groundhogs day.

• Love 2

They purposely made it cheap to save as much money as they could.

The costumes were cheap-looking and I am sure the budget was low. Does anyone remember how the dancers never got outfit upgrades? A lot of them had to wear the same thing for 4 years.

Also, I wonder about Britney's hair and makeup. I know she supposedly hates other people touching her face and doing makeup, but how much of it is true, I wonder?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, dojaknee said:

not sure but i remember these outfits being the best ones britney-spears-pom-7.jpgBritney-Spears:-Performing-Her-Piece-Of-CrSId1rWEAAomhU.jpg

before unfortunately being ruined and tossed in the bin then getting replaced by stuff like this 🤡singer-britney-spears-during-the-residen

The school outfit was genuinely one of the best POM costumes for me.

• Love 4

I think Britney picked most of the outfits. She is still stuck in a mind frame were less clothes is a good thing. Given that she doesn’t seem to have a stylist to guide her and a big costume budget, i think she just winged it. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, PZHSB said:

I think Britney picked most of the outfits. She is still stuck in a mind frame were less clothes is a good thing. Given that she doesn’t seem to have a stylist to guide her and a big costume budget, i think she just winged it. 

I don’t think so. Remember in 2013 she claimed she was forced to be sëxy and Larry came out immediately to say no one ever forced her to do anything :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

• Like 1
10 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think they had to work with what they were allowed to, I mean, the budget Daddy authorized. If I'm not mistaken, they had some ladies working backstage doing changes and stuff (or that was the FFT?) 

Remember that 17 yellow top? according to someone that had a M&G, Britney herself cut it, but ruined it, and they apparently didn't have enough money to buy a new one.

hottie-5.jpg

they later came up with this :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward:

002.jpg

Now, there's some questionable outfits, well, that some fans didn't love, that were actually custom-made. Natalie Gonce created these:

124ba768331073.5b58f90ccbb17.jpg

f358e768331073.5b58f90cc84ea.jpg

When it comes to the wigs she wore at the beginning, Felicia said it was Britney's idea and that she actually was kinda sad when fans didn't like them.

So who knows, I think  that's one of the little parts Britney may have had some input. We know she had different options, she exchanged outfits from one number to another throughout the years, she would wear masks, fake tattoos, feather boas, belts, etc. I think it was just her trying to have fun at the extent she was able to. 

I love that original Kisses outfit. 

• Love 1