Britney Spears officially releases Christmas classic "My Only Wish (This Year)"

• Leader
1 hour ago, Justney said:

When Britney can barely see her children and her body is being controlled so she isn't allowed to have more and all you guys care about is just legacy. I'm pretty sure that's last on her mind. She's not an obsessed fan,  she's a human who wants her rights back,  not to be treated like a modern day slave. Can you guys get your priorities straight? She's almost 40, losing time on her biological clock. I can guarantee she doesn't care about being number 1. She's said that it's not about numbers....

This all or nothing mentality is a slippery slope imo. 

It's like saying if you stream any song of hers then you are helping the conservatorship. But it's not so black or white. 

I personally think it's possible to want to support her music and show support for a little campaign to get more people to hear "Wish" this holiday season AND not support the conservatorship or her decision to not perform. 

Britney has already lost so much because of this situation. Are we really going to strip her of her music now, too? 

• Love 2
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, PickleSpears said:

What do you mean release it? It's been released for 20 years now.

It was never released officially by Britney’s team. It was released on Platinum Christmas in 2000 but it’s not on any of her albums/singles.

It’ll be like when Mood Ring was released as a ‘single’ they’ll put promo on her stories, an official cover, a few remixes and an official cover 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, JackSProductions said:

It was never released officially by Britney’s team. It was released on Platinum Christmas in 2000 but it’s not on any of her albums/singles.

It’ll be like when Mood Ring was released as a ‘single’ they’ll put promo on her stories, an official cover, a few remixes and an official cover 

Gotcha. Well that's stupid lol.

• Haha 1

It's already out. I can see this as just being pushed more to radio now. It still gets play every year but I think they want to push it like Mariah's song. Also I can totally see them releasing it on a limited edition CD, vinyl and who knows what else.. I love this song, but I'm very torn about it all.

I see everyones points. I don't want to support it, but I also don't want Britney to not be able to afford to fight this c-ship and she's paying for her fathers lawyers too (which is ridiculous)

• Like 1

I'm sorry but I have to agree with Jordan on this. Britney LOVES her music and she was really happy when we got glory to number one on iTunes. She wasn't even fidgeting in the video, she was genuinely happy. If they actually do release it I hope they film a cute home music video with Britney looking both professional and homey. I'd love to see her hit the top 10 like Mariah.

• Love 4

I think it’s a cool idea especially seeing how mariah had such great success last year. But people already love this song and I hear it on the radio all the time. Like, why re-release it? If it’s with new songs or as an EP then cool, but it seems a bit pointless. I just want an official single cover. That would be nice. 

But like all of us, I’m torn in supporting her music and stuff. I don’t want to give any more of my cash to her team, but I also believe that Britney needs and deserves a legacy to return to, if she decides to make music again. Public interest in her needs to remain or she won’t have the success we know she’s  deserving of. I’d hate to see Britney fail professionally. 

I dunno, it’s such a weird moment to be a fan. Like, I’m cool with requesting on radio but I’m not going to purchase anything. But if this is happening then it could definitely be a bigger hit. Imagine if there was a video too. Im actually surprised that there isn’t a video for it. 

• Love 1