Britney Spears officially releases Christmas classic "My Only Wish (This Year)"

Unless we're getting an official music video and single cover with a new photo, I'm not interested.

I'll stream it anyway though to support Britney the artist and because it's a timeless classic to play during Christmas time, but I'm not gonna promote my friends to.

Who knows, maybe it's part of Project RED with a Danja remix LOL.

On 10/28/2020 at 1:41 PM, PokemonSpears said:

About the "re-release" if any, they might be re-releasing the Platinum Christmas album which is turning 20 this November. If she didn't re-record the song, I don't see what's the point. Without being a proper single, or being included in important lists as Spice said, it's managed to become one of her most streamed songs on Spotify, is on the radio everywhere, so I don't know what difference it would make if there's no music video or live performance. 

Yeah it really doesn't make any sense if it's the same track. Like wouldn't it be better just to promote the original song so the spins will increase even more on that track (since it's already one of the most streamed) versus re-releasing it again and starting from 0?  At least Mariah re-rerecorded it and had a new video to justify the new release.

• Love 1
  • Like 1