Britney Spears officially releases Christmas classic "My Only Wish (This Year)"

14 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Well, I think it's important to pose the question. And tbh I am personally torn, yes. I know that Britney is refusing to work right now, but to me that doesn't = she wants people to not support her music. Say she hit #1 with this, do we really think she'd be upset or happy/honored? 

I do think she had some input about Mood Ring and the Glory single cover. That happened during all of this as well. I don't think Britney wants fans to stop supporting the music. I think she doesn't want to perform or create new music moving forward until there's a change. All my opinion of course.

I think a lot of fans have this all or nothing mentality. Either you don't listen to a single song until she's "free," or you're supporting the conservatorship. I do think it's possible to protest her legal situation and also support her artistry. My two cents. 

Agree on what you're saying! I think Britney does not want to record new music or perform at this moment (due to the obvious situation she's currently in), but I don't think Britney wants fans to stop listening to her music and turn their backs against her legacy. 

Fans that feel the need to boycott the brand shoud be respected in the same way fans that still enjoy listening to her music or buying merch. I feel like these "cracking" is happening everywhere, like politics, religion, or even within families and I feel music is not exception. We should find a way for all this to coexist, right?

This is just my opinion! 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Here’s the thing any release by RCA should be supported because if her music begins to flop RCA will invest less and less in her releases which will hurt her in the long run when she does finally return to work! Also keep in mind her team would not make very much money of off music releases because artists take home very little from music sales, the label makes most of the money. 

But RCA is now doing a cash grab attempt on the Free Britney movement. 

I think that's why everybody is screaming foul. She's relevant and In the news, so if course her label is taking an opportunity to cash in. 

When this isn't the Time to take advantage of a movement

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Here’s the thing any release by RCA should be supported because if her music begins to flop RCA will invest less and less in her releases which will hurt her in the long run when she does finally return to work! Also keep in mind her team would not make very much money of off music releases because artists take home very little from music sales, the label makes most of the money. 

Blah blah blah 😑 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Leave worrying about Britney’s brand to the people who get paid for it (Team Con). 

and worry about Britney the person. 

• Love 4
  • Leader
6 minutes ago, Dream Within a Dream said:

There is nothing exciting about an Christmas track when the world is in chaos over a pandemic and Britney is literally fighting against her oppressors. 

Mood ring is different, it fits the melancholic state everyone (including Britney) is in. 

I hear you, but I disagree. I think now is the most important time to release something light and cheery. Even though it's already been out two decades, the world deserves to have Britney brighten up 2020 :] 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

For all those protesting anything and everything Britney related - please remember that she is footing the bill for BOTH sides of the conservatorship hearings, lawyers, etc. I understand protesting some things, but if we boycott everything she could run through a good chunk of funds to keep fighting. Remember this costs her millions of dollars a year. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

When Britney can barely see her children and her body is being controlled so she isn't allowed to have more and all you guys care about is just legacy. I'm pretty sure that's last on her mind. She's not an obsessed fan,  she's a human who wants her rights back,  not to be treated like a modern day slave. Can you guys get your priorities straight? She's almost 40, losing time on her biological clock. I can guarantee she doesn't care about being number 1. She's said that it's not about numbers....

• Love 4
  • Like 1

If this happen, you can bet RCA will release a New Britney album next year, even If she only do an Instagram video to support It.

Britney has no say over her music or image, she probably barely knows what's going on. She allegedly refused to go to The Zone, but she did the video reading letters and tried to justify why she didn't go.

The Glory demand bull**** looked RCA and her team cash grabbing again, yet she promoted that too...

If for the first time ever Britney decides to mention her Christmas song It will be clear how manipulated this woman is by her handlers. And another proof the "refusing to work" was never real.

• Love 3