Britney Spears officially releases Christmas classic "My Only Wish (This Year)"

RCA is taking advantage of Free Britney and it's showing, that's what's messed up. 

Even her record label views her as just an ATM machine, not a human being. 

Nobody should make fun of independent artists now, cos they exactly know if something was to happen to them like this,  they could be taken advantage of, cos they don't own the rights to the music. 

This is what the late Prince has been trying to say, signing contracts literally gives everything to the record label at your own expense. 

Literally you're a slave to them. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Jordan Miller said:

I think they are trying to give it an official "push" much like how Mariah did for her 25-year-old Xmas song last year.

I get what you're saying but an official push requires a music video and we know that's not going to happen. Unless they've made an animated video ala "Break the ice", or they're using actors like "SOS" video by Cher. Honestly, I don't see RCA investing any more money on this song :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

If not, it'll remain as the promotional single it's always been :orangu_orangutan_ape:

How can anyone be torn over this? Oh, yes, let's jump at the chance and support her team making a few coins due to her dire situation. 

No fan should support this, if it is released. And if you do support it you need to have a serious word with yourselves and reevaluate where you stand on the free Britney movement. 

• Love 3
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

I get what you're saying but an official push requires a music video and we know that's not going to happen. Unless they've made an animated video ala "Break the ice", or they're using actors like "SOS" video by Cher. Honestly, I don't see RCA investing any more money on this song :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

If not, it'll remain as the promotional single it's always been :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Imagine if they release a video with old personal footage of Britney with her kids to pretend shes happy and with them? :slowdown_down_cardib_b_cardi_um_fast_confused_what_stare: i wouldnt doubt at this point, they are that low. 

• Leader
10 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

Yea, I don't see this smashing the charts cause there's just too many people turned off by what's happening. Tho, it could have the opposite effect and the GP decides to show some Britney love.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

So I don't get it - the song's been out since 2000 and it's a timeless classic tbh :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point:

What are they releasing? An official single cover? lol, wasn't this the official promotional single cover? 

R-4696294-1372534115-1071.jpeg.jpg

Sorry guys, but this rumor does not make sense to me unless they're releasing a brand new Xsong recorded by Britney which I doubt :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp::whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp::whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

that's fanmade

• Haha 1
  • Leader
9 minutes ago, MM0219 said:

How can anyone be torn over this? Oh, yes, let's jump at the chance and support her team making a few coins due to her dire situation. 

No fan should support this, if it is released. And if you do support it you need to have a serious word with yourselves and reevaluate where you stand on the free Britney movement. 

Well, I think it's important to pose the question. And tbh I am personally torn, yes. I know that Britney is refusing to work right now, but to me that doesn't = she wants people to not support her music. Say she hit #1 with this, do we really think she'd be upset or happy/honored? 

I do think she had some input about Mood Ring and the Glory single cover. That happened during all of this as well. I don't think Britney wants fans to stop supporting the music. I think she doesn't want to perform or create new music moving forward until there's a change. All my opinion of course.

I think a lot of fans have this all or nothing mentality. Either you don't listen to a single song until she's "free," or you're supporting the conservatorship. I do think it's possible to protest her legal situation and also support her artistry. My two cents. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Plus RCA knows several Britney fans including our leader @Jordan Miller will fall for anything Britney music related. 

I get why people just play their CDs and refuse to stream her music. By playing her CDs, you already paid it, and nobody is getting coin, the way streaming would do exactly that. Go into their pockets. If you have a CD player. You can still play Britney and support free Britney. I have this track thx to Now Christmas 1 & 4

• Love 5
  • Like 1

About the "re-release" if any, they might be re-releasing the Platinum Christmas album which is turning 20 this November. If she didn't re-record the song, I don't see what's the point. Without being a proper single, or being included in important lists as Spice said, it's managed to become one of her most streamed songs on Spotify, is on the radio everywhere, so I don't know what difference it would make if there's no music video or live performance. 

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Here’s the thing any release by RCA should be supported because if her music begins to flop RCA will invest less and less in her releases which will hurt her in the long run when she does finally return to work! Also keep in mind her team would not make very much money of off music releases because artists take home very little from music sales, the label makes most of the money. 

• Like 3