Britney Spears officially releases Christmas classic "My Only Wish (This Year)"

3 hours ago, JackSProductions said:

Yeah I did have the titles somewhere. Britney co wrote all the songs, My Only Wish was her favourite 

But she's not listed in the credits 

Did they really do her dirty, by Makin her uncredited. 

That's messed up. But then again if you look up a lot of the "leaked" and unreleased material. She's listed as a Songwriter.

@Jordan Miller

@Roxxy

@PokemonSpears

A lot of the comments states was close to inclusion, But jive did sponsorship deals, etc so was removed at the last minute so her tour or a tv guest spot could be sponsored or fulfilled to promote whatever product jive made a deal with. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Buffybot said:

If this happen, you can bet RCA will release a New Britney album next year, even If she only do an Instagram video to support It.

Britney has no say over her music or image, she probably barely knows what's going on. She allegedly refused to go to The Zone, but she did the video reading letters and tried to justify why she didn't go.

The Glory demand bull**** looked RCA and her team cash grabbing again, yet she promoted that too...

If for the first time ever Britney decides to mention her Christmas song It will be clear how manipulated this woman is by her handlers. And another proof the "refusing to work" was never real.

Tbh I think shes refusing to work, but shes still very manipulated. She refused to go to the zone mess, but I bet they pressured her a lot to record that video saying she couldnt go. Maybe she was threatned or they told her shed get smt. Shes in a difficult situation bc everyone around her is pro cship so she will be gaslighted af. She also lives with no freedom and with a low budget even tho she earns millions. I can see she did the zone video bc they let her travel, buy smt or anything like that. I wish she wouldnt give them anything anymore, including posts for Instagram, but shes on a tough spot, so sadly I can see why she would give in from time to time. I just hope she doesnt give up completely. 

13 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I think it’s a cool idea especially seeing how mariah had such great success last year. But people already love this song and I hear it on the radio all the time. Like, why re-release it? If it’s with new songs or as an EP then cool, but it seems a bit pointless. I just want an official single cover. That would be nice. 

But like all of us, I’m torn in supporting her music and stuff. I don’t want to give any more of my cash to her team, but I also believe that Britney needs and deserves a legacy to return to, if she decides to make music again. Public interest in her needs to remain or she won’t have the success we know she’s  deserving of. I’d hate to see Britney fail professionally. 

I dunno, it’s such a weird moment to be a fan. Like, I’m cool with requesting on radio but I’m not going to purchase anything. But if this is happening then it could definitely be a bigger hit. Imagine if there was a video too. Im actually surprised that there isn’t a video for it. 

The ep would be a 2020 Remastered version of the single.

Plus countless remixes By Tracy Young, Honey Dijon. To do what MC failed to do in 2009. Take a Christmas track to the Dancefloor..

They have no intentions on releasing unreleased material or bootlegged material. 

They know her fans would settle for a remix EP with the Remastered version of an already released song. 

• Love 1

I’m trying to understand how it would be different from streaming any of her other music now vs a re-release (unless buying) :donewithit_carpool_karaoke_britney_glory_hand_telling_talking_chatting_wave_waving:

I bought many physical copies in the past but now I gave in and stream everyones music :outwithit_go_on_wave_britney_femme_fatale_ff_documentary:  so unless its accompanied by a MV or on an EP I don’t see the point of the release or the boycott :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

23 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

But she's not listed in the credits 

Did they really do her dirty, by Makin her uncredited. 

That's messed up. But then again if you look up a lot of the "leaked" and unreleased material. She's listed as a Songwriter.

@Jordan Miller

@Roxxy

@PokemonSpears

A lot of the comments states was close to inclusion, But jive did sponsorship deals, etc so was removed at the last minute so her tour or a tv guest spot could be sponsored or fulfilled to promote whatever product jive made a deal with. 

"My Only Wish (This Year)" is a teen pop Christmas song performed by American recording artist Britney Spears. It was co-written by Spears with Brian Kierulf and Josh Schwartz. It was released originally in the Christmas compilation album Platinum Christmas

People I know also who have worked with Britney back in the day have confirmed this many times to me too 

3 hours ago, CenterOfTheRing98 said:

For all those protesting anything and everything Britney related - please remember that she is footing the bill for BOTH sides of the conservatorship hearings, lawyers, etc. I understand protesting some things, but if we boycott everything she could run through a good chunk of funds to keep fighting. Remember this costs her millions of dollars a year. 

Not only this, but can we all be realistic? There are still millions of nonfans, fans who don’t care, people who don’t know about the situation, who are still buying/streaming from Team B. I genuinely would like to know how Exhale protesting the brand is affecting their business sales. I say Exhale specifically because even Twitter stans are buying the vinyls and whatnot.

The word about FreeBritney is already out there, but this “protest the brand” seems to be very much only amongst us in my honest opinion. Heck, I get texts from friends who are like “I was listening to Britney all day on Spotify!! #FreeBritney lulz!!!” Lol

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

I think they are trying to give it an official "push" much like how Mariah did for her 25-year-old Xmas song last year.

Mariah's song was always always iconic though wasn't it. from the start

You can't go a Christmas without that being played to death

and I can't lie, I still want more every time I hear it :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

• Love 1

Why is everyone’s talking like this is confirmed?

I’m still very skeptical and I’m not sure I want it.

If we only get a cover, a lyrics video and some remixes, then I’ll pass tbh:boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm:

Don’t get me wrong, I would kill for an amazing, graceful X-mas video of Britney, but I don’t feel like this is the right time.

3 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

This all or nothing mentality is a slippery slope imo. 

It's like saying if you stream any song of hers then you are helping the conservatorship. But it's not so black or white. 

I personally think it's possible to want to support her music and show support for a little campaign to get more people to hear "Wish" this holiday season AND not support the conservatorship or her decision to not perform. 

Britney has already lost so much because of this situation. Are we really going to strip her of her music now, too? 

I didn’t think about it like that tbh, in terms of streaming her music already. I guess there’s no difference in streaming Slumber Party than there is Wish.

The only difference is the intention behind it. Britney cares about her legacy, she would be foolish not to. RCA care about a quick buck. That’s show business for ya I guess. 

Very slippery slope, one that I don’t wanna climb, but I guess we’re already half way up it. 

3 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

This all or nothing mentality is a slippery slope imo. 

It's like saying if you stream any song of hers then you are helping the conservatorship. But it's not so black or white. 

I personally think it's possible to want to support her music and show support for a little campaign to get more people to hear "Wish" this holiday season AND not support the conservatorship or her decision to not perform. 

Britney has already lost so much because of this situation. Are we really going to strip her of her music now, too? 

She's not thinking of her music, Jordan. She's thinking about how badly she wants a family,  to see her kids... to have real friends again. You're thinking from a selfish standpoint,  i'm sorry but she isn't worried about her music or legacy,  or money to fund her lawyers,  she has enough for it,  but she can't even use her money for herself... she isn't working for a reason.  The music legacy thing is all fans projecting their wants.  

I don't want her to fail but we need to stop treating her like a product that her team and record label can just sell to us with this and that.  So far you've excused everything they've come out with,  with the same excuse. Think about her as a person and not a product...

• Love 2
  • Like 3
48 minutes ago, Justney said:

She's not thinking of her music, Jordan. She's thinking about how badly she wants a family,  to see her kids... to have real friends again. You're thinking from a selfish standpoint,  i'm sorry but she isn't worried about her music or legacy,  or money to fund her lawyers,  she has enough for it,  but she can't even use her money for herself... she isn't working for a reason.  The music legacy thing is all fans projecting their wants.  

I don't want her to fail but we need to stop treating her like a product that her team and record label can just sell to us with this and that.  So far you've excused everything they've come out with,  with the same excuse. Think about her as a person and not a product...

Plus by the end of the 00s, her legacy was cemented. It's not being taken away. Is she unpopular with people who didn't grow up with her, who's first Memories is the TMZ tabloid eras. 

But they are people as well that liked her as a kid, but when they became an adult. They couldn't relate to her. So they went to an artist that basically thought the same philosophical views of life

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Justney said:

When Britney can barely see her children and her body is being controlled so she isn't allowed to have more and all you guys care about is just legacy. I'm pretty sure that's last on her mind. She's not an obsessed fan,  she's a human who wants her rights back,  not to be treated like a modern day slave. Can you guys get your priorities straight? She's almost 40, losing time on her biological clock. I can guarantee she doesn't care about being number 1. She's said that it's not about numbers....

In reality, we are all numbers.

3 hours ago, Bundy said:

Tbh I think shes refusing to work, but shes still very manipulated. She refused to go to the zone mess, but I bet they pressured her a lot to record that video saying she couldnt go. Maybe she was threatned or they told her shed get smt. Shes in a difficult situation bc everyone around her is pro cship so she will be gaslighted af. She also lives with no freedom and with a low budget even tho she earns millions. I can see she did the zone video bc they let her travel, buy smt or anything like that. I wish she wouldnt give them anything anymore, including posts for Instagram, but shes on a tough spot, so sadly I can see why she would give in from time to time. I just hope she doesnt give up completely. 

Yeah, I mean... I'm not criticizing her, I think mental abuse is very serious and can change a person notion of reality.

I hope she keeps refusing If that's the case, but she just seems way too cooperative, even tho you can see how forced some things were (she reading the The Zone letters video).

Analyzing Lynne's submissive ways and Felicia implying silence is the best thing, It looks like to me Britney has awful female examples and thinks a woman needs to obey always and be quiet. I just remembered Bryan complaining about women from his family having opinions, at first I thought he was joking, but he repeated a couple of times, the guy was really bothered.

• Love 1
  • Like 1