Britney Spears officially releases Christmas classic "My Only Wish (This Year)"

9 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

I think they are trying to give it an official "push" much like how Mariah did for her 25-year-old Xmas song last year.

But Mariah has actual Christmas albums and her over the top attitude and cheese factor is why she's the queen of Christmas. 

I don't see that for Britney, hell I don't see the love for Christmas like Mariah from any other celebrity. 

Most do Christmas albums when they aren't selling, or pregnant and actual sees this as a way to do lite promotion. 

Remember Kelly Clarkson released a Christmas album when she was pregnant and the promotion was when she was very heavily into the pregnancy 

Meghan Trainor same thing. 

I can't see Britney. 

The only reason this happened is well it was really Jive Records taking advantage of the teen pop movement at the time. 

The tracklist reads a who's who of what's was hot in the boombox of teens, so of course Britney was gonna be included.

But she Never really pushed the song until a few years ago. I think she likes it has this cult status. I really don't think she wants to be like Mimi and be like. Oh hi, it's Christmas time every year. She's not that girl. 

. everybody knows, that's Mariah's season and the Spotify stats are showing.

Mariah season started. She's climbing up to the top 100 fast and it's not halloween. 

It's already known that song is appearing on Spotify charts. 

9 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

That's not confirmed. That's pure speculation.

It's not speculation. Britney's lawyer (Sam Ingham) and father both repeatedly confirmed it. Britney's not going to record/perform again (aside from Instagram stuff) until Jamie Spears is removed as conservator.

1 hour ago, Arckangel said:

It's not speculation. Britney's lawyer (Sam Ingham) and father both repeatedly confirmed it. Britney's not going to record/perform again (aside from Instagram stuff) until Jamie Spears is removed as conservator.

I never read that. Where's the connection between that petition and Britney's decision not to perform. And it's not like she ever said she's not going to, she just stayed quiet.

16 minutes ago, Bundy said:

I'm not sure if it's explicitly said in any of the documents. I just remember that in one of the Ingham documents, I think the one asking for Bessemer Trust to become conservator, they talk about the ability to handle her contracts. Other than that, I also remember Jamie's document where they complain that she doesn't want to work and is ruining her status as an icon, citing as an example refusing to go to The Zone and missing the $1M advance.

I don't remember exactly, there's been many documents, you would have to check thesurprisewitness Instagram or lawyersofbritney because I do have the feeling that by analyzing the documents they did come to the conclusion that she's not working as long as Jamie is conservator, but I don't know which document or if it's stated explicitly

• Super Mods

I'd be more than thrilled to see Britney get another #1, but I feel like she doesn't care being in the situation she's in at this moment. So even if the song becomes #1, will Britney actually be even happy about it or care? I want her to get a #1 under her own terms and ambition. I won't get the feeling of making my fave artist happy if she's not the one standing behind it and putting that hard effort with her heart in it :notfeelinit_ny_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_meme_sunglasses_bed_mad_waiting_crossed_hands:

On a side note, the blonde woman in that video you shared is Sarah Connor and this is her amazing christmas song that I've been listening since I was a kid :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming: 

Stan for happy holidays

• Love 1

If true, this release is not aimed for Britney fans. It will catter for the general public who consume christimas themed material. RCA wants money cause their major artists havent release songs for quite sometime and the newer ones also didnt delivered hits this year except for Doja. Only Miley is super active now but she didnt splash the charts anyways. If the rumor about RCA pushing Britney to do a christimas album is true, that says a lot. 

But then I have 2 questions: 

1. Will it be a remastered version or straight up the old one?

2. If the songs picks up till december and she wins in the court hearing Nov 10th, will the profits still go to Team Con?

I guess Im gonna have to wait and see. Not buying it tho #BoycottTheBrand :orly_oh_britney_surprised_wow_excited:

11 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

But Mariah has actual Christmas albums and her over the top attitude and cheese factor is why she's the queen of Christmas. 

I don't see that for Britney, hell I don't see the love for Christmas like Mariah from any other celebrity. 

Most do Christmas albums when they aren't selling, or pregnant and actual sees this as a way to do lite promotion. 

Remember Kelly Clarkson released a Christmas album when she was pregnant and the promotion was when she was very heavily into the pregnancy 

Meghan Trainor same thing. 

I can't see Britney. 

The only reason this happened is well it was really Jive Records taking advantage of the teen pop movement at the time. 

The tracklist reads a who's who of what's was hot in the boombox of teens, so of course Britney was gonna be included.

But she Never really pushed the song until a few years ago. I think she likes it has this cult status. I really don't think she wants to be like Mimi and be like. Oh hi, it's Christmas time every year. She's not that girl. 

. everybody knows, that's Mariah's season and the Spotify stats are showing.

Mariah season started. She's climbing up to the top 100 fast and it's not halloween. 

It's already known that song is appearing on Spotify charts. 

Mariah might have Christmas albums, but what song besides AIWFCIY do you know? (also besides oh Santa)... she wasn’t promoting full albums last year. She literally Only promoted the single, + sold  autographed copies on CD... Also, Dolly Parton is definitely a Christmas Queen who released another Christmas album this year... just saying. 😉

• Leader
15 hours ago, Justney said:

She's not thinking of her music, Jordan. She's thinking about how badly she wants a family,  to see her kids... to have real friends again. You're thinking from a selfish standpoint,  i'm sorry but she isn't worried about her music or legacy,  or money to fund her lawyers,  she has enough for it,  but she can't even use her money for herself... she isn't working for a reason.  The music legacy thing is all fans projecting their wants.  

I don't want her to fail but we need to stop treating her like a product that her team and record label can just sell to us with this and that.  So far you've excused everything they've come out with,  with the same excuse. Think about her as a person and not a product...

Appreciate the comment, but it sounds like you've personally spoken to Britney to make those claims. We actually don't know with certainty anything, including whether she'd be touched if fans helped this song chart or not. Keep in mind this would involve literally zero work from Britney. 

Don't appreciate you claiming I am looking at Britney as a product and not a person. It's possible to root for someone and cherish their legacy, and hope others do the same while supporting Britney the person. It's possible to feel two emotions at the same time. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Appreciate the comment, but it sounds like you've personally spoken to Britney to make those claims. We actually don't know with certainty anything, including whether she'd be touched if fans helped this song chart or not. Keep in mind this would involve literally zero work from Britney. 

Don't appreciate you claiming I am looking at Britney as a product and not a person. It's possible to root for someone and cherish their legacy, and hope others do the same while supporting Britney the person. It's possible to feel two emotions at the same time. 

But she is not a legacy.  She is a human.  Legacy= product here. I haven't spoken to Britney, i'm using my head and observing how she's treated her career for the last 12 years,  how she's been used and abused and how she is clearly over it all because she refuses to work. 

How can you say that it's fine to assume she's ok with everything when you have no idea either? At least i'm going from facts we've seen.  She's refusing to work.  That's a fact. A cold hard fact.  Why would she be refusing to work? Is it because she feels like there's no point to make money for her handlers when she sees barely any? Would it be because she can't see her sons or have any personal freedom? Hmm..I wouldn't go completely opposite of what she's showing us by excusing the cash grabs. That seems counterintuitive. 

As fans we need to put our love for her music aside and realize she is like any of us. A living breathing person who deserves her freedom and rights.  The human needs to come before the product. 

Imagine yourself in that situation. Seriously imagine your family locki ng you away. Giving you a small stipend of your own hard earned money. You can no longer see your kids.  You can't go anywhere unless approved.  You're under thousands of record label obligations that your team has signed for you and has decided for you.  Are you telling me without a doubt you'd care at all about your legacy with all the stress of everything going on against you? Seriously? That's not a priority here.

• Love 3