Britney Spears officially releases Christmas classic "My Only Wish (This Year)"

48 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

It's always been part of my playlist and i'm so glad we finally got a proper cover art for it. :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

The next time I share it on my IG stories, it won't be that embarrassing Platinum Christmas cover anymore. Thank goodness. :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

🤣🤣

I never understood this cover at ALL! It just looks awful, and it involves music from some of the most famous artists of the time and still today! The cover could have been SOOOO much better

Like wtf?

Platinum_Christmas.JPG

• Haha 8
23 minutes ago, GregReid said:

🤣🤣

I never understood this cover at ALL! It just looks awful, and it involves music from some of the most famous artists of the time and still today! The cover could have been SOOOO much better

Like wtf?

Platinum_Christmas.JPG

It was truly a lazy cover. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: They literally could've created, like, a collage of photos by the participating artists. Instead, we got that mess. :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

• Haha 2
51 minutes ago, GregReid said:

🤣🤣

Like wtf?

Platinum_Christmas.JPG

I guess, they are re-releasing this song due to it's 20 year anniversary. The original track was released on November 14, 2000. 

19 minutes ago, jokobish said:

and on a second note why are dumb mfs talkin bout buying the damn song to feed money to her team....

Lou is gone, Jamie will be soon, the money will go to Britney, plus I don't buy or stream her music to fill her pockets but to simply enjoy it and show support.

• Like 2

For everyone completely against this, how is this any different than the Mood Ring release? We all took it to #1 on iTunes and it sold 13K copies and Britney herself literally filmed a genuine clip for us saying how happy she was and that it made her day that we did that. Like- I get the point that we need to be careful right now but clearly- she does appreciate when we support her still as an artist and the money isn’t going straight to Jamie. That’s not how it all works, it’s extremely complex and most of it goes to the label. Her trust also can’t just be touched by anyone. Music releases Are a lot different than something like the pop up museum in my opinion. And this is just getting a promo release treatment to strengthen the song’s exposure to radio and streaming playlists and help boost Britney’s overall presence in the holiday music market. And we are all mostly adults that can choose to buy a single or vinyl if we choose because it brings us excitement. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
22 minutes ago, Avatar said:

Is the newly uploaded version remastered and mixed differently for anyone else? or am I going crazy? :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

I searched with a VPN because it's not yet available on my country, and I found this version on youtube from an unofficial channel that begins different, and seems to be mixed differently in general. but the version on spotify is the same as the original.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Watch Me Work It said:

I searched with a VPN because it's not yet available on my country, and I found this version on youtube from an unofficial channel that begins different, and seems to be mixed differently in general. but the version on spotify is the same as the original.

Thats what I was listening to :wink_britney_everytime_white:

• Like 1