Britney Spears officially releases Christmas classic "My Only Wish (This Year)"

• Leader

EmHE8V2VcAAWoXm?format=jpg&name=large

Britney Spears officially re-released her 2000 Christmas classic, "My Only Wish (This Year)," onto streaming platforms. 

It's also available on vinyl.

We can look at the prospect of this getting an official push in several ways: 

1. RCA is hoping to ride the #FreeBritney wave and get some extra spins
  2. A call to action for the GP to support Britney by getting her on the charts (much like the way they did with Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You" last year, which blasted to #1

It's unclear what exactly is being down to promote the song, or whether Britney has any knowledge of this happening or not. It's worth reminding you that Britney is not working right now as an act to protest the conservatorship / legal situation she's in.

As fans, do we support this? 

I'm torn. I would love for Britney to make an appearance on the charts this year because behind all this legal stuff, she's an artist, and she belongs on the charts because she's incredible.

I'd like to support this if true because I want to celebrate Britney's music (even if that means team con gets a few extra coins ugh. I feel confident they won't be in power that much longer). But on the other hand, it also feels like a money move that I know lots of fans won't want to be a part of.

Exhale, thoughts?

Or via Apple Music

Related:

wish.jpg.3ed1812710d43e8293c08c093c4d8515.jpg

• Love 7

Let’s be realistic! Without our promotion that song generate ~ 35 million streams on Spotify alone during Christmas! If RCM promote it and re- release with a strategy! It can reach in top 40

like with a good promotion if this number reaches to 70 million, it will be 500000 equivalent units

the song is at 125 million stream on Spotify with no promotion! It can actually go above 200 million with right promotion. Also it will be a good strategy to release it before RED, which look like an album

• Love 4
4 hours ago, JackSProductions said:

Here’s the truth. Back in 2000 Britney recorded 3 songs for Platinum Christmas, one being My Only Wish. The other two didn’t make the cut. Team CON should release them if they’re so desperate. I love MOW but I don’t want this release. I’ll be happy to hear the song more, but giving them money makes me sick. 

Exactly this, what's the point in re-releasing a song that's been around for 20 years?

or at least, release MOW with the other songs as bsides maybe?

HOWEVER!!!!! IF it is true that britney really is refusing the work and didn't want to make a Christmas album as asked by RCA, then this is 100% an attempt to make an easy coin and morally we shouldn't support it..

now if Britney came out and said herself she was releasing this, and seemed happy doings, it would be a different story ay

• Love 7
  • Leader
4 minutes ago, JackSProductions said:

Here’s the truth. Back in 2000 Britney recorded 3 songs for Platinum Christmas, one being My Only Wish. The other two didn’t make the cut. Team CON should release them if they’re so desperate. I love MOW but I don’t want this release. I’ll be happy to hear the song more, but giving them money makes me sick. 

Ohh whattt? Didn't know this. 

• Love 2
  • Like 3

So I don't get it - the song's been out since 2000 and it's a timeless classic tbh :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point:

What are they releasing? An official single cover? lol, wasn't this the official promotional single cover? 

R-4696294-1372534115-1071.jpeg.jpg

Sorry guys, but this rumor does not make sense to me unless they're releasing a brand new Xsong recorded by Britney which I doubt :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp::whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp::whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

• Love 3
  • Leader
9 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

So I don't get it - the song's been out since 2000 and it's a timeless classic tbh :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point:

What are they releasing? An official single cover? lol, wasn't this the official promotional single cover? 

R-4696294-1372534115-1071.jpeg.jpg

Sorry guys, but this rumor does not make sense to me unless they're releasing a brand new Xsong recorded by Britney which I doubt :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp::whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp::whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

I think they are trying to give it an official "push" much like how Mariah did for her 25-year-old Xmas song last year.

• Love 1
  • Like 5