Britney Spears officially releases Christmas classic "My Only Wish (This Year)"

Chart placement doesn’t even matter at this point right now she’s choosing not to work we already heard this song we can all enjoy the song in the future we’ve enjoyed it for years and years now there’s no reason to buy it there’s no reason to stream it there’s no reason to support anything right now financially to the team until Britneys father is out of the picture and she has more of her autonomy back

On 10/29/2020 at 11:47 AM, Justney said:

But she is not a legacy.  She is a human.  Legacy= product here. I haven't spoken to Britney, i'm using my head and observing how she's treated her career for the last 12 years,  how she's been used and abused and how she is clearly over it all because she refuses to work. 

How can you say that it's fine to assume she's ok with everything when you have no idea either? At least i'm going from facts we've seen.  She's refusing to work.  That's a fact. A cold hard fact.  Why would she be refusing to work? Is it because she feels like there's no point to make money for her handlers when she sees barely any? Would it be because she can't see her sons or have any personal freedom? Hmm..I wouldn't go completely opposite of what she's showing us by excusing the cash grabs. That seems counterintuitive. 

As fans we need to put our love for her music aside and realize she is like any of us. A living breathing person who deserves her freedom and rights.  The human needs to come before the product. 

Imagine yourself in that situation. Seriously imagine your family locki ng you away. Giving you a small stipend of your own hard earned money. You can no longer see your kids.  You can't go anywhere unless approved.  You're under thousands of record label obligations that your team has signed for you and has decided for you.  Are you telling me without a doubt you'd care at all about your legacy with all the stress of everything going on against you? Seriously? That's not a priority here.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. You’re one of the biggest hypocrites on this website demonizing people supporting her music but fantasizing a relationship with someone who exploited her for fame. Thank u next clown :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

4 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. You’re one of the biggest hypocrites on this website demonizing people supporting her music but fantasizing a relationship with someone who exploited her for fame. Thank u next clown :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

Omg lol that's all any of you can come up with,  a blow towards my username. ***** bye! Continue putting money in Jamie's hands because you are selfish and clearly only think of yourself and how clever you think you are on some fansite- yeah you sure showed me and anyone else who doesn't believe in feeding her abusers. Wow look how cool you are.  Totally edgy. 

I don't need to defend my user name I made years ago because I enjoy both artists and the era they were together to have an opinion on people cashing in on the cash grabs of corrupt team B.

On 11/6/2020 at 1:25 PM, Hooked-On-Knee said:

A lot of you don't seem to understand that wasn't it approved for Jamie to pay for his litigation team with the money in Britney's estate? :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:.

They still are going to make a profit at the end of the day, if thousands of people buy it, it adds up. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Why would someone claim to be a supporter of #FreeBritney if you're going to even give a tiny tiny amount of money to the Britney brand. it makes no sense? :huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the:

Like if you're going to buy it, why not just wait till we find out if the Bessemer Trust Company becomes conservator of her estate, :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

I can honestly understand collectible items but excessively digitally buying a song that's been out for like 20 years? 0 purpose for it. 

You can pick and choose what you spend your money on, I'm just sharing as to why others think different. :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:

Artists and their teams see very little profit from music sales especially if the artist didn’t write the song! That’s why touring and other merchandise is so important these days! The label is the only one that really profits from musical releases which is sad if you think about it. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Justney said:

Omg lol that's all any of you can come up with,  a blow towards my username. ***** bye! Continue putting money in Jamie's hands because you are selfish and clearly only think of yourself and how clever you think you are on some fansite- yeah you sure showed me and anyone else who doesn't believe in feeding her abusers. Wow look how cool you are.  Totally edgy. 

I don't need to defend my user name I made years ago because I enjoy both artists and the era they were together to have an opinion on people cashing in on the cash grabs of corrupt team B.

You enjoy both artists after what he did to her. The hypocrisy. You’re the edgy one getting so triggered about what I do with my money :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked: selfish would be not buying them because it’s theft charging $20 for a single release. I’m a charitable person paying that much for a single :arianabye_grande_drive_ariana_pull_away_car_van_kiss_wave_goodbye_leave_leaving:

5 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Artists and their teams see very little profit from music sales especially if the artist didn’t write the song! That’s why touring and other merchandise is so important these days! The label is the only one that really profits from musical releases which is sad if you think about it. 

I know they profit very little, I'm just talking about how it all adds up if thousands of fans buy it. I know they don't have harmful intentions but the money is going to Britney's estate, isn't it? Money that will potentially be used by Jamie to fund his litigation team in order to keep himself as a co-conservator. 

On the 2020 re-release on Spotify, Britney isn't credited as a songwriter on the single version of My Only Wish (This Year), I hope that she's receiving royalties from both the vocals and the songwriting, because it's what she deserves. :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

I can understand collectible items but there's 0 purpose for mass-digitally buying the song iTunes, we've all heard it before, haven't we? 

2 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

I know they profit very little, I'm just talking about how it all adds up if thousands of fans buy it. I know they don't have harmful intentions but the money is going to Britney's estate, isn't it? Money that will potentially be used by Jamie to fund his litigation team in order to keep himself as a co-conservator. 

On the 2020 re-release on Spotify, Britney isn't credited as a songwriter on the single version of My Only Wish (This Year), I hope that she's receiving royalties from both the vocals and the songwriting, because it's what she deserves. :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

I can understand collectible items but there's 0 purpose for mass-digitally buying the song iTunes, we've all heard it before, haven't we? 

The only way her team would make any substantial money off of the song is if it were to become a huge hit...like hitting #1 on the BB Hot 100 which isn’t going to happen. RCA and the song writers make the most money and Britney isn’t registered as a writer. 

1 minute ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

The only way her team would make any substantial money off of the song is if it were to become a huge hit...like hitting #1 on the BB Hot 100 which isn’t going to happen. RCA and the song writers make the most money and Britney isn’t registered as a writer. 

I really don't get the obsession with them only receiving barely any money? It's still money? Why even bother giving them a tiny bit. It's your money though, I'm not going to pick and choose what you spend it on.