Britney Spears reportedly refused to record a Christmas album

17 hours ago, Arckangel said:

There's a rumor that Britney wanted Britney to release a Xmas album this year, but she said no because she's not working right now while she fights the conservatorship.

refused.jpg.e4bdae749511f98cf426d8f385c3158d.jpg

KWEEN of split personalities. 

Great news tbh. As much as I'd love Britney to do a sequel My Only Wish, I'd only want it if she was passionate about it and excited to do an MV and performances and interviews etc etc... Until she's free, she should continue to be lazy. Surprised it's taken her this long to do so tbh.  

• Haha 2
  • Like 2

I would loooooove a Christmas album. But when Britney wants to record first off. But also like A REAL CHRISTMAS ALBUM. With true Christmas songs, without all the glitz, without all the production. ******* show the world that she does have a voice and that she has an amazing voice at that.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Literally anyone could make this up and tweet this. Can we at least try to keep some integrity in our sources and what we believe?

This! We don't know the ins and outs of her RCA contract, but I doubt an artist can refuse to record something the label is asking you to do. They might be respecting Britney's current situation and letting her decide whenever she wants to return to work but if you still have 3 albums in your contract and the label is in a way "pushing" to record so they can get back some of the money they've paid in advance then I doubt the artist will have much choice :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

Let's not forget the rumor back in 2006/2007 where Jive allegedly "threatened" Britney to terminate her contract if she did not return to the studio and record music, and then "Blackout" took shape. 

As I said, I'm sure they're respecting Britney's current situacion and I celebrate that but the question is for how long? :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup: