There is one choreographer in Britney's career that we totally overlooked

back in 2009 we thought the circus tour choreo was lazy. looking back it wasn't that bad, but it didn't stand out. the choreo was a major letdown back in the day, so it's understandable we overlooked the choreographer (btw i didn't know Brit fired Andre i thought they were friends?)

Britney needs to feel comfortable with the choreographer.

But it's hard to connect with people when there's bodyguards, assistant, dad and others keeping an eye on you not to protect, but to make sure you don't do something "unexpected".

Britney destroyed routines and is doing her own choreography, you can tell by the final years of pom, the tour and the domination rehearsals.

She probably hates people telling her what to do all the time and this affected the work.

Even If the choreographer isn't the best of the game, maybe it's better focus on Britney trusting the person to warm up to the idea of learning new steps, not the obligated "we hired this guy for your show, he already did the routines, just learn with him".

Britney dancing with her former dancer Mikey proves she still got It. Funny enough, Mikey was one of the few dancers from pom not hired for domination. 

• Love 1
  • Like 5
3 hours ago, Slayer said:

No thanks, the choreography was awful on the circus tour.

(love the tour - but the choreography was so bad)

If we’re being fair, all of her choreography has been bad since 2007. Maybe bad is the wrong word but definitely not striking. I think the Circus tour had her most fluid dancing tbh. A lot of people like Work ***** but that’s only because it’s longer than five seconds. It’s still weird and choppy in my opinion. Circus tour had great moments that just fit the music like the arm movements in Radar when she says “when ya walk, when ya talk” and the Get Naked breakdown. I think that stage was a problem as well because she constantly had to move around. Her best choreography in years that fit the music was definitely Break the Ice during the original POM show. Her best ever since 2007 was that Mannequin video choreography. Who did that? Andre? Nothing has topped that and it sucks it was just used for rehearsals but it makes me wonder if she rehearsed other songs that we don’t know about with more challenging and fluid choreo. That was her at her best. Simple yet extremely fluid with the music and her body. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, TakeYourHand said:

If we’re being fair, all of her choreography has been bad since 2007. Maybe bad is the wrong word but definitely not striking. I think the Circus tour had her most fluid dancing tbh. A lot of people like Work ***** but that’s only because it’s longer than five seconds. It’s still weird and choppy in my opinion. Circus tour had great moments that just fit the music like the arm movements in Radar when she says “when ya walk, when ya talk” and the Get Naked breakdown. I think that stage was a problem as well because she constantly had to move around. Her best choreography in years that fit the music was definitely Break the Ice during the original POM show. Her best ever since 2007 was that Mannequin video choreography. Who did that? Andre? Nothing has topped that and it sucks it was just used for rehearsals but it makes me wonder if she rehearsed other songs that we don’t know about with more challenging and fluid choreo. That was her at her best. Simple yet extremely fluid with the music and her body. 

Her choreography has slowly gotten better each era - heck even the choreography in the FF tour was better (the energy was the only thing missing)

you guys can bash POM but that was the most choreography we’ve got since her prime! She was way more fluid in POM - in my opinion.

but if you disagree fair enough :) 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Her choreography has slowly gotten better each era - heck even the choreography in the FF tour was better (the energy was the only thing missing)

you guys can bash POM but that was the most choreography we’ve got since her prime! She was way more fluid in POM - in my opinion.

but if you disagree fair enough :) 

I personally just feel each era had a missing part. It’s either energy, good choreography, or fluidity but it seems there’s always something missing and then we get good moments where it all connects every once in a while. On a selfish note I’m not mad about Domination being cancelled because it looked like the same odd choreography. 

4 hours ago, Nando. said:

25338788112911.JPG

This is Tony Tesla. So I was seeing Kylie Minogue's Aphrodite tour documentary and this guy is the coreographer for the show and he's brilliant. Anyone who's seen Kylie's aphrodite knows the choreo is impecable.

Went to look him up and guess what. He was a choreographer for miss Janet Jackson on her 20yo era. Yes, Janet, the one Britney looks up to.

So I went to his official website and he says there he worked with Britney Spears. And im like, what? How come we never heard of it.

Looked it up a bit more and he coreographed THE ******* CIRCUS TOUR.

He was hired after Britney sacked Andre Fuentes. And remember in For The Record when Britney asks Andre for the coreography to be more like Janet's? She went after her coreographer.

Found this piece of info:

Jamie King was also the director of the Aphrodite tour and he seems to be pals with Testa.

Testa became a kpop coreographer most recently and also coreographed the This is It Michael Jackson tour, but in his reels and video gallery, he doesnt show ANY signs of having working with Britney. Why is that?

Also, what VMA performance did he do for her or danced for her like the article above states?

How come we never talk about him or his amazing work? How can we spot what exactly did he coreograph for Britney?

choreo-brit.jpg.5be3a87898735a95b754b278728ffc5f.jpg

Jaime has not worked with Kylie at all, 

William Baker at this era was Kylie stage director. 

She never worked with Jamie king at all.

William Baker made sure of it, his artist, his vision. Why do you think outside of Kylie nobody worked with him. 

• Love 2
  • Content Curators

I get his style 

a lot of confidence and big moves and strutting 

but not a lot of choreo itself if that makes sense

But I liked it anyways it must’ve been hard with that HUGE stage and post break down Britney 

that touch of my hand performance was one of her best in recent years 

Actually, Tony Testa did NOT choreograph the Circus Tour. He's a great choreographer and I had never heard of him working with Britney before. The most I could find about Tony choreographing for her was on his Wikipedia page: "Promotional Concert Tour for Britney Spears - Choreographer (2008)" which would have been the promo performances for the Circus album, so he must have been helping Andre Fuentes.

I just checked my Circus Tour program and he's not listed anywhere in the credits. These are the choreographers credited:
Carla Kama - Supervising Choreographer
Dreya Weber - Aerial Choreographer
Tiana Brown - Contributing Choreographer
Oththan Brunside - Contributing Choreographer
Jaquel Knight - Contributing Choreographer
Matt Mullins - Contributing Choreographer
Phlex - Contributing Choreographer
Jamal Sims - Contributing Choreographer
Rujuta Vaidya - Contributing Choreographer
Salvatore Vassallo - Contributing Choreographer

I went to Circus Tour twice and the choreography was great. In fact, everything was great except Britney herself. Don't blame the choreographers bc Britney couldn't dance. We've seen plenty of videos like Brian Friedman's HIAM original routine - don't discredit awesome choreographers bc the artist can't deliver their routines. If you watch the dancers on the Circus Tour, there's nothing wrong with their choreography. If Britney could have danced better they could have done more with her.

Also, I love Jamie King, but he did not direct the Aphrodite Tour for Kylie. I went to that show too and just checked my tour program - it was "created, directed, & designed by William Baker" (who actually styled Britney for the Circus Tour). Willie is also a great director and worked on some of Kylie's best shows.

You might want to fact check before you post haha.

• Love 4
  • Like 4
5 hours ago, EasyThere said:

Just because she didn't dance as much doesn't mean the choreo wasn't good. Circus tour chore was simple but effective. And she delivered as much as she could. Ppl seem to forget how big Circus Tour stage is.

MTE! I don’t think it even had to do much with how big the stage was (in terms of how the dance was executed). I think part of the reason the choreo didn’t look that good was because Britney herself didn’t execute the dances that great. Her energy was awesome but IMO she had this “haha I don’t care” attitude throughout the show when it came to actually dancing. Like she looks like she’s having fun but wasn’t focusing (if that makes sense???)

2 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Jaime has not worked with Kylie at all, 

William Baker at this era was Kylie stage director. 

She never worked with Jamie king at all.

William Baker made sure of it, his artist, his vision. Why do you think outside of Kylie nobody worked with him. 

you're right

I confused the two because I was reading about Testa as a coreographer and he did some things with Jamie like the Circus tour and seeing the Kylie doc and messed up both.

I was also looking into Madonna's confessions tour so I had Jamie in my mind.

46 minutes ago, PickleSpears said:

Actually, Tony Testa did NOT choreograph the Circus Tour. He's a great choreographer and I had never heard of him working with Britney before. The most I could find about Tony choreographing for her was on his Wikipedia page: "Promotional Concert Tour for Britney Spears - Choreographer (2008)" which would have been the promo performances for the Circus album, so he must have been helping Andre Fuentes.

I just checked my Circus Tour program and he's not listed anywhere in the credits. These are the choreographers credited:
Carla Kama - Supervising Choreographer
Dreya Weber - Aerial Choreographer
Tiana Brown - Contributing Choreographer
Oththan Brunside - Contributing Choreographer
Jaquel Knight - Contributing Choreographer
Matt Mullins - Contributing Choreographer
Phlex - Contributing Choreographer
Jamal Sims - Contributing Choreographer
Rujuta Vaidya - Contributing Choreographer
Salvatore Vassallo - Contributing Choreographer

I went to Circus Tour twice and the choreography was great. In fact, everything was great except Britney herself. Don't blame the choreographers bc Britney couldn't dance. We've seen plenty of videos like Brian Friedman's HIAM original routine - don't discredit awesome choreographers bc the artist can't deliver their routines. If you watch the dancers on the Circus Tour, there's nothing wrong with their choreography. If Britney could have danced better they could have done more with her.

Also, I love Jamie King, but he did not direct the Aphrodite Tour for Kylie. I went to that show too and just checked my tour program - it was "created, directed, & designed by William Baker" (who actually styled Britney for the Circus Tour). Willie is also a great director and worked on some of Kylie's best shows.

You might want to fact check before you post haha.

the jamie king thing I messed up, I explained above

the Tony Tesla thing tho, I stated on the OP that I thought it was weird how he didnt feature any of the circus tour on his portfolio, since it was one of the biggests shows from that year

so I was a little suspicious. The article I quoted on the OP states Andre got sacked and Tony got hired as a coreographer. So it doesnt come from me.

I had seen his wikipedia page but that has close to 0 exact info, and we all know Andre was the coreographer for the promotional tour in 2008.

His official website said he worked as a choreographer for Britney.

So yeah, the mistery remains. No need to ask me to check before I post because I opened the thread to ask exactly that.

How come we never talk about him or his amazing work? How can we spot what exactly did he coreograph for Britney?