There is one choreographer in Britney's career that we totally overlooked

25338788112911.JPG

This is Tony Tesla. So I was seeing Kylie Minogue's Aphrodite tour documentary and this guy is the coreographer for the show and he's brilliant. Anyone who's seen Kylie's aphrodite knows the choreo is impecable.

Went to look him up and guess what. He was a choreographer for miss Janet Jackson on her 20yo era. Yes, Janet, the one Britney looks up to.

So I went to his official website and he says there he worked with Britney Spears. And im like, what? How come we never heard of it.

Looked it up a bit more and he coreographed THE ******* CIRCUS TOUR.

He was hired after Britney sacked Andre Fuentes. And remember in For The Record when Britney asks Andre for the coreography to be more like Janet's? She went after her coreographer.

Found this piece of info:

After Andre Fuentes choreographed Britney’s Womanizer and Circus Video – everything was in the works for Wade Robson to direct and Andre to Choreograph. Well as things go in “Hollywood” – things change – Jamie King is the director and Tony Testa is the choreographer. Well BIG NEWS – TONY TESTA is coming to Sydney for the Sydney Workshops (along with Tony Czar) on April 11. They will both be selecting dancers from the workshops for their CARNIVAL pieces. So Tony Testa and Tony Czar will each be choreographing a piece for Carnival. Very Exciting!
Choreographer for the Britney Spears 2009 CIRCUS Tour Tony Testa recently relocated to L.A. from his hometown of Fort Collins, CO about two years ago. He started dancing at the age of 8 and later went on to tour with the original cast of TapKids and nationally with Aaron Carter for his Jukebox World Tour. Since moving to L.A. he has choreographed for Sony´s Las Vegas consumer show, danced with Beyonce in “Dreamgirls”, Britney for the VMA´s, and choreographed and danced for Janet Jackson in her “20 Y.O.” project.

https://www.dancelife.com.au/tour-choreographer-for-britney-comes-to-sydney/

Jamie King was also the director of the Aphrodite tour and he seems to be pals with Testa.

Testa became a kpop coreographer most recently and also coreographed the This is It Michael Jackson tour, but in his reels and video gallery, he doesnt show ANY signs of having working with Britney. Why is that?

Also, what VMA performance did he do for her or danced for her like the article above states?

How come we never talk about him or his amazing work? How can we spot what exactly did he coreograph for Britney?

choreo-brit.jpg.5be3a87898735a95b754b278728ffc5f.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

this guy.... watching Kylie's bts footage from her Les Folies Tour you can see that he is the sweetest and very very talented. One of the dance captains for said Kylie's tour (therefore close to Testa) worked for Britney on her Piece of Me residency, you can see her in the I am Britney Jean documentary seating next to Baz Halpin, dont know her name tho (I think she was the one who tested the strings for Toxic)  :mhm:

Would love for Britney to work with him again :tiffhair:

Spoiler

in before people come for me saying **** about Baz or Kylie's former dance captain... just so you know Baz did a excellent job on Piece of Me, the problem we all have grasped throught the years was the choreo and that should be charged on Square Division's account.  Out of WB choreo those 2 were just terrible :katyclown:

Also, Tone & Rich did the choreo for 3. They are also amazing choreographers that worked with too many pop stars. They are very urban and the 3 choreo should've shined better if the music video wasnt such a mess. Nobody seems to remember she worked with them :blol:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, EasyThere said:

Just because she didn't dance as much doesn't mean the choreo wasn't good. Circus tour chore was simple but effective. And she delivered as much as she could. Ppl seem to forget how big Circus Tour stage is.

Exactly

Also, Tony is very artistic in his choreos, and altough we think Jamie being the director is the one who created the numbers, Tony is the one.

So for example, the Circus opening number with the acrobats etc, all Tony.

maxresdefault.jpg

this was his number for kylie

he's the one behind it

the black curtains part with Gimme More, everything is very artistic

Britney inside her cage in Piece of Me

fans keep overlooking choreo and thinking its just the steps

Britney managed to ruin most of them like Mannequin which she choreographed herself

but lets not trash the guys choreography, he was amazing

3 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

You mean when JAMIE fired Andre Fuentes? :gerlwat:

Let's be real...Britney had no say in that firing. 

you really think Britney didnt point directly to the same choreographer Janet Jackson worked with?

she was there herself hiring dancers, dont you think she at least named him?

she does have control over creative ideas

firing Andre must have not been her idea but hiring a Janet choreographer sure is

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Style. said:

What choreography, bich? :nicki2:

All eyes were on Britney and she was a no show in terms of energy but the dancers and the acrobatics were on point, he brings artistic vision, not only steps. Watch the reels on the op.

There are a couple of iconic moments from the circus tour I remember the choreo being great like the Baby On More Time walking together and break, get naked, circus and piece of me were all around great.

When we talk choreo we are not only talking about Britney.

• Love 2
  • Like 5
2 minutes ago, Nando. said:

All eyes were on Britney and she was a no show in terms of energy but the dancers and the acrobatics were on point, he brings artistic vision, not only steps. Watch the reels on the op.

There are a couple of iconic moments from the circus tour I remember the choreo being great like the Baby On More Time walking together and break, get naked, circus and piece of me were all around great.

When we talk choreo we are not only talking about Britney.

Chile, I was asking the other member about choreo and you came here showing me the costumes and the creative direction of the tour. :nicki2:

Britney’s choreography was not it and deal with it. The tour was huge because of her ‘comeback’, but it wasn’t praised by the critics nor the fans. I can see that as a whole, it was a huge hugeeeee tour and I personally loved everything about it. Except for the choreo. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Style. said:

Chile, I was asking the other member about choreo and you came here showing me the costumes and the creative direction of the tour. :nicki2:

Britney’s choreography was not it and deal with it. The tour was huge because of her ‘comeback’, but it wasn’t praised by the critics nor the fans. I can see that as a whole, it was a huge hugeeeee tour and I personally loved everything about it. Except for the choreo. 

But thats my point

Theres more than just choreo

I posted the examples , like with Kylie, he was behind the artistic vision of the number. Same must have happened with Britney.

Or do you think Jamie king was out there saying what should happen to every dancer?

Thats Testa's job

And there were iconic numbers during circus

Theres magic, fire, bollywood, cages and acrobatics . He did a great job

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Nando. said:

But thats my point

Theres more than just choreo

I posted the examples , like with Kylie, he was behind the artistic vision of the number. Same must have happened with Britney.

Or do you think Jamie king was out there saying what should happen to every dancer?

Thats Testa's job

And there were iconic numbers during circus

Theres magic, fire, bollywood, cages and acrobatics . He did a great job

Oh, okay. I thought we’re talking strictly about her moves and the choreography. 
As a whole, I agree. It’s one of my favorite Britney’s tour ever and the numbers were pretty iconic. 💕

I will comeback with my favorite numbers. 

• Love 1