"Once Upon a One More Time" Musical

Jean-Philippe

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, MyQueenBritney said:

He said the score currently includes 23 songs from Ms. Spears’s catalog, including most of her big hits, as well as “a couple of deep album cuts.”  :pumped:

The ‘deep album cuts’ will probably just be Breathe On Me, Touch Of My Hand and Freakshow lbh :tbh:  

7 minutes ago, Stannedforever said:

:hideous: Yeah cool and all but anybody outside NY will never see or hear it. You can't record in theaters and even if you managed to do so those clips are always removed faster than copyrighted music. 

Hear it we could if they do the recording. It's a thing, you know? There's the American Idiot musical, the Mean Girls musical, Rent, the Heathers musical, and the Carrie musical, and the Freaky Friday one, and Wicked, all of them have studio recordings to buy/stream.

This is such a cute idea, definitely not something I saw coming! I went to NYC for the first time last week and saw a couple of musicals on Broadway and I was totally blown away by the attention to detail that goes into those productions. I'm excited to see how this one turns out; I think it has the potential to be really cool!

This actually makes me really happy. Britney's roots are in musical theater, so she's probably happy about it as well. It's hard to say how minimal her involvement is: the article said she attended a reading, but did that make the news? So who really knows what she's been doing behind closed doors (especially right now lol.) It's kind of a bizarre concept, but it sounds pretty fun and interesting. I hope it turns out well.

Archived