"Once Upon a One More Time" Musical

Jean-Philippe

10 minutes ago, (You Drive Chris) Crazy said:

I love that she’s doing this because this is something new for her and if it’s successful, it sounds as if they’ll take it on broadway to NY, and even on tour! Y’all want her to explore new avenues as an artist and this is huge, like it’s broadway. And if it doesn’t end up being super successful, no harm no foul. At least they gave it a shot! For it to even be actually happening is honestly an achievement, Broadway is acclaimed and it will definitely put more respect on her name within the industry. Especially if she’s apart of the creative process which it sounds like she is. 

It'll premiere in Chicago in October and then move to Broadway in 2020. I'm sure this will be sucessful, it's pop culture :whatitellu:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once Upon A One More Time

:gtfo:WTF kind of title is that!?!! Reminds of that dreadful Lifetime movie biopic title, Britney Ever After. Can they stop marketing Britney to 5 year olds! LOL This sounds so cheesy and little girlish with the Disney princesses being a presence but on the other hand I do love Disney princesses!! :yasqueen:Maybe this is the kind of story that will translate better on stage than in print. One can only hope. It’s basically another Britney nostalgia cash grab. :yaknow:But if people choose to pay to go see this and they like it then it’s okay I guess. But meh.:4music:

49 minutes ago, (You Drive Chris) Crazy said:

I love that she’s doing this because this is something new for her and if it’s successful, it sounds as if they’ll take it on broadway to NY, and even on tour! Y’all want her to explore new avenues as an artist and this is huge, like it’s broadway. And if it doesn’t end up being super successful, no harm no foul. At least they gave it a shot! For it to even be actually happening is honestly an achievement, Broadway is acclaimed and it will definitely put more respect on her name within the industry. Especially if she’s apart of the creative process which it sounds like she is. 

THIS :clap1:

I called Broadway In Chicago, they aren't taking Group sales yet despite the FBook post. They said they only have dates, no pricing info yet.

Pass by the Nederlander/Oriental Theatre every day on my way to work, so will be fun to see promo around the city.

Cher appeared at at least one of her shows when they were testing it here, so hoping Britney doesnt wait till it goes to NYC to stop by,

Hey remember last years ET interview when Britney said she’d definitely show up into to a MMC reunion? Well the Mickey Mouse Club 30 year reunion is happening in May in Orlando. It’s part of MegaCon. Joey Fatone is the host/moderator. It’d be sweet if Britney really did make an appearance there. She doesn’t have to be on the panel with the other alumni in front of an audience but maybe she and Joey could film something prior to be played at the event. It’s all Disney related so I think it could be something she might be interested in, if only to draw more attention for the upcoming musical that has a Disney reference. Check the #MMC30 on the gram for cute pictures of the cast. :) 

https://www.mickeymouseclubreunion.com/mmc30megacon 

Y’all. A broadway musical. A cast recording. A Tony awards performance. She’ll probs go to the Tony’s. A piece of theatre history, even if it flops. She’s apart of a select group who has the discography to fill a 2 and a half hour show. Stop being negative.

18 minutes ago, nels64 said:

fairytale references aren’t inherently Disney related. The show would have 0 to do with Disney. 

When most people hear the names Cinderella and Snow White most of us will immediately think of the Disney princess characters from the movies. The movies are very different than the original fairytale from the book, particularly Cinderella’s original story. But it can still definitely be seen as Disney related, albeit loosely. I was just thinking it would be kinda clever if Britney’s team decided to highlight her time as a mouseketeer by having her be included somehow in the 30th MMC reunion just to draw more attention to this musical. I mean, it’s unlikely they’ll show interest in the reunion. I doubt Britney herself will do much to bring attention to this musical as early as May but I don’t think it would hurt to do it either. 

1 hour ago, nels64 said:

THANK YOU! Worst case scenario the plot sucks...but I don’t see any way this could go that badly considering it will be filled with songs most people can sing to fully. Even if the plot is cheesy and poorly written, the show will be a fun time either way so...I can’t really see this going badly. 

THIS! They made ‘Mean Girls’ into a broadway musical and look how successful/popular that show is.

Archived